View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 08:30 PM   #335
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan View Post
How many reps/sets are you doing now? I’m seriously thinking of going that direction. I’m 48 and incorporating more agility stuff. Lifting heavy just isn’t feeling good anymore.

I'm 8-12 with a pause at the bottom and a hard suqeeze at the top. This may not seem high rep to you, but in the past I was mostly in the 4-6 rep range and I wasn't suqeezing. The squeezing and flexing makes light weight seem heavy as hell.

I do a 4 day split:
Chest and shoulders (side and front delts)
Back, rear delts, and traps
Arms
Legs
Rest day whenever I feel like I need a rest day or when something inevitably comes up

I'll typically pick 3 exercises per body area- almost always 1 big compound exercise and 2 isolations. I'll do a few feeler sets to get warmed up and primed for the real working sets, then it's usually 2 sets to failure. The last set I'll often do a drop set or a rest pause or something like that. Leg day is a little different in that I'll pick 2 big compound movements (squat, hack, leg press, lunges, bulgarian split sqats) and I always do curls and extensions. Sometimes I'll throw in sissy squats or super high rep slant board goblet squats as a finisher.

After the failure sets, I'll flex hard and hold it for 20 seconds. I generally rest about 1:30 between sets unless it's one of the taxing compound exercise like BB rows, squats, or lunges.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote