Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 AM  
Banned

share your stories about fireworks....

I had a package of jumping jacks go off in my hand courtesy of a fast fuse back in 1983...that was the worst.

Last year I almost died...almost...when a dixie cannon fell over and shot a mortar shell at me.
Redrum_69 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Redrum_69 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

I had one of those little rockets hit me in the head. Hurt like hell.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
MVP

I heard one go "BANG".

Wow, that was really something.
Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.Inspector wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
Eh

Was 8 or 9 and family was all sitting infront of the garage watching me light stuff. Lit one of those lil saturn rockets. Started up straight, made a sharp right hand turn , headed right at the garage. My 83 y/o grandma sees it coming and flips her chair over backwards while trying to duck it.

Classic.

Oh and used to blow up toads with blackcats.
ChiefsFire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFire View Post
Oh and used to blow up toads with blackcats.
Just wait until PETA sees this thread.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Just wait until PETA sees this thread.
Blow up meaning gently lifting them in the air and lightly back to the ground...
ChiefsFire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
MVP

I mowed yards for a summer job one year and took some of my earnings and bought a wide assortment of fireworks. Come July 3rd or 4th, I don't really remember, I started shooting off the fireworks, but I was way to close to the container that I had the fireworks in and part of a punk or fuse fell off into the box of fireworks. The majority of the fireworks ended being shot off in a very short period of time. I dove to the ground for cover and crawled away very quickly.

I was probably 10 - 11 years old when this happened. To this day 30+ years after the fact, my parents and siblings still bring it up around the 4th. It is comical to look back and remember, but at the time it happened, it was quite sad.
bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Don't tread on me.

Only thing remotely funny that happened was when I was at my buddys house, and we were lighting black cats. Well they light one on my back which did nothing (I thought), and my back started to burn a little because it had lit my shirt on fire.

Then I took refuge in his house when one of his "friends" decided to bring a crap load of PBR, and give it to everyone doing the fireworks and after I got hit with a little rocket I went inside and left. I don't drink, I don't make a big deal about it, but when someone is mixing that with the big fireworks we had in store for that night, I will pass on being around that.

Last edited by El Jefe; 07-02-2008 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: seperated the paragraphs, easier to read.
El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #9
Supporter

We used to have "Bomb Bag" parties. We'd all pool together a bunch of fireworks and put them in a brown paper bag. Douse the bag with lighter fluid and light it and watch the mayhem insue! I got nailed in the gut one year with a parachute that was in the bag. Burned a hole in my shirt. Fun times back then. We've all grown up and out of that phase.
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #10
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFire View Post
Blow up meaning gently lifting them in the air and lightly back to the ground...
You neglected to mention that they're in different pieces while they go up and come down.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
Most Valuable Villain

Roman candle wars....
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
MVP

When I was in the 7th grade, my best friend and I de-sticked a gross of bottle rockets, arranged them in a circle, fuses in, then lit it up and ran. It was like a battleground or something. Not too smart, but lots of fun.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
3M TA3

Your mom is like one of those re-loadable mortar tubes - 12 balls and she's done.

DT
dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #14
Veteran

8 yrs old, we were using needle nose pliers to cut open Black Cats for the powder in to tin foil to make a "larger" black cat. Found one of the cut open pieces and figured, "Hey, I'll pretend I'm smoking a cigarette." Apparently we didn't get the gun powder out of this particular piece. Needless to say with the back end clamped shut with the pliers, I lit the bugger and within seconds heard this loud "BANG!" and my ears were ringing and lips were numb. I ran in to the bathroom and looked like a Tom and Jerry cartoon with a big black blast mark where it sat in my lips. Luckily no damage other than some burns. To this day I think through VERY carefully all of my plans.
bishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #15
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

I've got a million of 'em.

Years ago, when I was just a kid growing up in OPKS, we used to throw 4th of July parties at our house- the entire family and neighborhood would arrive. Our house was nestled along a private country club and beyond the backyard was the fairway of the golf course where the country club would launch their fireworks.

A couple of buddies of mine and I sauntered over to where they were launching the works and decided to watch them. Back then, they just bore holes in the ground and put a pipe in to launch the displays. We all sat underneath this giant oak tree by the bank of the creek. It was cool watching these guys work the display for the crowd. Well, somewhere during the middle of the show, I was watching one of the guys having trouble while another guy ran over to light his and then next thing I know- they bumped each other and I think it caused one of the displays to move. When it fired out of the ground, it came right at our tree and blew up right over our heads.

I'll never, ever forget that freakin' sound. OMG was that ever loud. I couldn't hear for hours. Anyways sparks just showered us completely and we were getting tiny burns everywhere on our body and hair. Scared the crap out of us as we thought we were all going to go up in flames. But, we immediately rolled over a few times on the ground and walked back to the party in tears.
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.