Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 AM  
Molôn Labé

How broke are you?

Instead of hijacking a thread lets make our own...
How far up to your ass are you in debt are you?
How close are you to filing for Bankruptcy.
How many of you borrow from Mom and Dad because you are sorry as hell and have to drive that car that sounds like a pissed off bumble bee?

Let's get it on you broke dick bastards...

It's on

I will start the thread

0 Mortgage debt
0 Consumer debt
0 Car payments

Bills I owe
Directv
Insurance
Taxes
Utilities
Food
and Cell Phone (thanks luv)

Last edited by R8RFAN; 03-18-2011 at 07:28 PM..
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:38 AM   #661
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
guessing "On Paper" would mean all assets totaled up to a sum of 1M+
Yep - that's a Net Worth Equation. If you have enough tangible assets that are primarily paid off and very little to no debt, it's not unthinkable that you could accumulate ~$1MM in Net Worth even if you haven't had a lucrative career.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:42 AM   #662
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
To anyone who has a card that gives points, do you find that efficient? I was looking into a lot of travel cards and I'm just not comfortable since I'm not sure what the conversion rate on points to dollars is. Signing up for a travel card that'll get you 50,000 points to start sounds great but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd need millions to actually have any sort of legit worth.
It's one of the things that I like about the Chase version of "points" - you can always redeem it in their travel portal, or you have a lot of different places you can transfer them. It's quite a bit more difficult to get good value on airline (or hotel) specific points for basic stuff. They're more ideal for luxury experiences. That said, here's a list of various currencies and what this particular website values them at:

https://onemileatatime.com/value-miles-points/
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #663
Has a particular set of skills

I grew up poor. Most of my life I was poor. I'm no longer poor.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:16 AM   #664
Cheat Death

If you have an airline of choice or live in a hub city an airline rewards card could be ideal.

We use Southwest Rapid Rewards and have been flying on points for a few years now + companion pass. Obviously it all got disrupted in 2020.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:22 AM   #665
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Also, my house, which I bought in 2009 with only 3% down, has been by far the best financial decision I've ever made.
You should have dumped all of your money into paying off the house years ago, no matter how much you could have made with it in your 401k/investments during that time!!!
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #666
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Yep - that's a Net Worth Equation. If you have enough tangible assets that are primarily paid off and very little to no debt, it's not unthinkable that you could accumulate ~$1MM in Net Worth even if you haven't had a lucrative career.
Yeah, not to say it's 'easy' and everyone should have a million dollars in assets by their mid-50s, but if you've bought and sold a few houses over decades or have held onto property that's skyrocketed over the years, plus have put some effort in squaring away a 401k, it not some insane goal to have at least half of that wrapped up in equity (the right rental properties are great for this, even if you're barely breaking even year to year), then the target 401k at 55 I assume would cover the other half.

Definitely a good goal by that point in life, and with the right investments and strategy, should be more than enough to retire (unless maybe you plan on living until 110).
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:38 AM   #667
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'm taking a trip to Alaska over the 4th of July and flying first class. The entire trip is being paid for with credit card rewards. And I still haven't paid a dime in CC interest in at least 15 years.

Also, my house, which I bought in 2009 with only 3% down, has been by far the best financial decision I've ever made.

I had honestly forgot about all those discussions. Obviously DaFace is still salty.

Thinking back I think this thread was the one the prompted me to stick everything on the card for the points.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:45 AM   #668
'Tis my eye!

Not broke at all...

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #669
Politically Incorrect

I'm very, very rich in experiences........
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #670
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

I had honestly forgot about all those discussions. Obviously DaFace is still salty.

Thinking back I think this thread was the one the prompted me to stick everything on the card for the points.
He's backed off on it a bit, but it's still just such a ludicrous position to take that people should avoid all debt at all costs. Granted, I kind of got lucky in buying to a housing market that has been red hot ever since I bought our place, but I calculated it up the other day, and the value of my house has appreciated more than the sum total of all of the money I have put into it (principal, interest, and repairs/upgrades/maintenance). It's like I've literally been able to live rent free in my own house for a decade.

To put it another way, if I'd rented all of this time, I still probably wouldn't have saved enough to pay cash for my place even in 2009 values, and the price has nearly tripled since then.

My net worth would literally be $300k+ lower right now if I'd followed R8ers advice.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #671
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
In your dreams dude. Chiefs going to rip them a new asshole.

In all seriousness, congrats on being 100% debt free. I been 100% debt free since 2017 when I made my last payment on a car loan. No student loans, no car payments, no major credit card bills, etc. Absolutely nothing (other than the obvious basic necessities).

It's amazing how much money one can actually save and contribute to their retirement(s), if they know what in the actual hell they're supposed to be doing.

And I intend to stay debt free for as long as I possibly can, health pending.
You should never be debt free due to tax purposes, inflation, and the opportunity cost of tying that money up that can be otherwise used as earning power or other investments.

Don't listen to Dave Ramsey. Dave Ramsey is for people who can't wrap it around their heads that they shouldn't spend a ton of money on 40k truck if they make 40k a year. Managing your money is one of the easiest things to do on this planet, that for some reason most people cannot do.

Last edited by BWillie; 06-16-2021 at 11:33 AM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:29 AM   #672
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I grew up poor. Most of my life I was poor. I'm no longer poor.
I grew up poor. Most of my youth I was poor. I'm no longer young.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:31 AM   #673
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8RFAN View Post
Over 10 years have passed since I created this thread. I am now 55 years old

I am still 100% debt free
I am officially a Millionaire (on paper) for now.

/thread
They say the first million is the hardest. Not in my experience. The first million was quite easy.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:32 AM   #674
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
They say the first million is the hardest. Not in my experience. The second million was quite easy.
I have an addictive personality so I'm staying away from my gateway million...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #675
I’m a Mahomo!

Depends on how AMC does.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.