Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 AM  
Molôn Labé

How broke are you?

Instead of hijacking a thread lets make our own...
How far up to your ass are you in debt are you?
How close are you to filing for Bankruptcy.
How many of you borrow from Mom and Dad because you are sorry as hell and have to drive that car that sounds like a pissed off bumble bee?

Let's get it on you broke dick bastards...

It's on

I will start the thread

0 Mortgage debt
0 Consumer debt
0 Car payments

Bills I owe
Directv
Insurance
Taxes
Utilities
Food
and Cell Phone (thanks luv)

Last edited by R8RFAN; 03-18-2011 at 07:28 PM..
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:26 AM   #646
Veteran

I'm so broke I can't afford to jerk myself off.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:26 AM   #647
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier View Post
I have a hard time believing you're a millionaire but okay, whatever you say champ!
With a few smart moves and time, it's totally plausible to have a million dollars in assets.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:56 AM   #648
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8RFAN View Post
Over 10 years have passed since I created this thread. I am now 55 years old

I am still 100% debt free
I am officially a Millionaire (on paper) for now.

/thread

Must be a fancy Jon Madden shrine
ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:05 AM   #649
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I vaguely remember this thread... all credit cards are bad, all debt is bad, pay off all debt ASAP no matter what, etc.

It was like Dave Ramsey throwing up in your mouth with terrible financial advice.

Great advice!
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:09 AM   #650
MVP

I am in fact, a lot more broke than i would like. But ive used most of my savings on my house, started a merch buisness thats made a few grand in three months and my wife got a better job and my daughter is almost out of daycare. Time to get back on that savings train. Then to the investment train.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:32 AM   #651
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8RFAN View Post
Over 10 years have passed since I created this thread. I am now 55 years old

I am still 100% debt free
I am officially a Millionaire (on paper) for now.

/thread

I picture this dude sitting in a housing project somewhere leafing through a 100,000 paper IOUs reading "I owe you $10 for this blowjob."
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:38 AM   #652
Choco Favre

Car is paid off and hasn't given me any maintenance issues. Going to drive it until the wheels fall off.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:11 AM   #653
Kind of a mod

I'm taking a trip to Alaska over the 4th of July and flying first class. The entire trip is being paid for with credit card rewards. And I still haven't paid a dime in CC interest in at least 15 years.

Also, my house, which I bought in 2009 with only 3% down, has been by far the best financial decision I've ever made.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:19 AM   #654
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier View Post
I have a hard time believing you're a millionaire but okay, whatever you say champ!
guessing "On Paper" would mean all assets totaled up to a sum of 1M+
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:33 AM   #655
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'm taking a trip to Alaska over the 4th of July and flying first class. The entire trip is being paid for with credit card rewards. And I still haven't paid a dime in CC interest in at least 15 years.
Working on this myself. I just put as much of my monthly expenditure as I possibly can on my credit card then pay it off at the end of the month. 2% cashback isn't a huge amount, but it does add up over time.

Hopefully I will be able to take a trip fully paid for in cc rewards soon like yourself.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:56 AM   #656
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

Also, my house, which I bought in 2009 with only 3% down, has been by far the best financial decision I've ever made.
This is what I do. I put all my bills and most of my expenditures on my southwest card and pay it off at the end of each month. Zero interest. Last year I earned the southwest companion pass. Before that I used Disney rewards and earned 3-4 free hotel trips over the years.

It requires discipline to not go over budget each month, but it’s fairly easy to do.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #657
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Working on this myself. I just put as much of my monthly expenditure as I possibly can on my credit card then pay it off at the end of the month. 2% cashback isn't a huge amount, but it does add up over time.

Hopefully I will be able to take a trip fully paid for in cc rewards soon like yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
This is what I do. I put all my bills and most of my expenditures on my southwest card and pay it off at the end of each month. Zero interest. Last year I earned the southwest companion pass. Before that I used Disney rewards and earned 3-4 free hotel trips over the years.

It requires discipline to not go over budget each month, but it’s fairly easy to do.
We travel quite a bit, so I've slowly drifted to the "go big" side of the rewards game. My current setup is the "Chase Trifecta":
  • Chase Sapphire Reserve - $550 annual fee (but $300 of it is an instant travel credit, so it's really more like a $250 annual fee). Gets you into airport lounges and comes with travel insurance and primary rental car insurance. 3% on dining and travel.
  • Chase Freedom - No annual fee. 5% back on rotating categories.
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited - No annual fee. 1.5% back on everything.
You can transfer points to travel partners (including United and Southwest). Or you can just book travel through Chase at a 50% bonus (perk of the CSR). So with that, you basically end up at 4.5% on dining and travel, 7.5% on rotating categories, and 2.25% on everything else.

It's a bit complicated, but if you travel and eat at restaurants a lot, it adds up quick.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:17 AM   #658
Kind of a mod

For those of you who prefer the pure cash back credit card game, you might want to consider the Citi Custom Cash card that they just released as a secondary card. It gives you 5% back on whatever category you spend the most on each month (on up to $500 spending/$25 rewards). So if you have a big family and spend $500/month on groceries, it's a 5% card for groceries. Spend a lot on travel? It's a 5% travel card. Spend a lot on gas? It's a 5% gas card. Kind of a cool implementation.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:31 AM   #659
Stroking to the SB Champs!

At this stage in my life, I don't have much debt. My mortgage is pretty minimal. My cars were all bought with cash. My oldest Son graduated College in May and his bills have all been paid. My youngest Son has two years of College left, and I've set aside everything that he needs to finish out. I'm going to retire at the end of 2023 (barring any sort of world economy collapse). I'll be 56 at that point and ready start racking up some SERIOUS debt
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #660
You gotta kill a few people

That's interesting. I will have to look into it.

To make things easy, I've been sticking with the Capital One Quicksilver which gives either 1.5% or 2% cashback on all purchases, if I'm not mistaken. I use this one for most of what I buy.

And I have an American Express. I think it's the BlueCash Every Day card or some shit like that. I believe that one gives 3% cashback on groceries and gas so I pretty much exclusively use that one for those types of purchases.

To anyone who has a card that gives points, do you find that efficient? I was looking into a lot of travel cards and I'm just not comfortable since I'm not sure what the conversion rate on points to dollars is. Signing up for a travel card that'll get you 50,000 points to start sounds great but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd need millions to actually have any sort of legit worth.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.