Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:11 AM   #17581
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
This is what fear does to the ill-Informed

But fear gets clicks and ratings....DRAMA
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:35 AM   #17582
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Yeah but that's 100% because that's what the experts and officials are telling them. The Surgeon General of the United States is literally saying to everyone that this week is going to be a "Pearl Harbor" moment. The media isn't making him say that. This isn't some guy trying to make political points, this is the lead health official in the United States appointed by the President. And he's saying it's going to get worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Does he really mean it though or just trying to manipulate behavior, again.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:42 AM
stumppy
This message has been deleted by stumppy.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:03 AM   #17583
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Social distancing worked better than the models expected it to work?
It's obviously more than just that. They were clueless as DJ pointed out. These models and experts have been so far off that your time would have been better spent reading a Deberg thread than discussing their models.. Whatever shit take Deberg has would be more accurate.

Last edited by BigCatDaddy; 04-07-2020 at 06:14 AM..
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:06 AM   #17584
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
. Distancing has clearly been effective and that should be the headline.

It would be nice if they could spread this message more and let us know to keep it up.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:21 AM   #17585
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
It's obviously more than just that. They were clueless as DJ pointed out. These models and experts have been so far off that your time would have been better spent reading a Deberg thread than discussing their models.. Whatever shit take Deberg has would be more accurate.
I'm not very trusting of any data whether it's good or bad because everything is off.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:29 AM   #17586
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
I normally support the media as a critical watchdog. But I agree in this event too many have reached for the edge of the confidence interval as the worst case. I've seen it in my own community where the curve has clearly flattened and the projections have plummeted, but the headlines make no mention of this and even still talk about rationing care.

CNN has been abysmal, seeking to score political points at every turn. You could read the headlines in the NYT this morning and believe we are Italy in early March.
Good news on the improving data is grudgingly acknowledged, if at all. Distancing has clearly been effective and that should be the headline.
I have been watching Canadian news and our news outlets are pretty homogeneous across all channels we don’t have the same extremism up here and we don’t have prime time “ entertainment “ “opinion” based news.

Our news is pretty boring but mostly just facts without additional commentary and would not call it fear mongering and the information coming from them is not ****ing good it’s bad on all the channels . I think you guys need to stop seeing things in black or white extremes because it is starting to mess with your minds. Now is it as bad as some channels in the US are making it out now but the channels who are downplaying it are not helping either.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:35 AM   #17587
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Does he really mean it though or just trying to manipulate behavior, again.
I posted a link earlier on masks , tutorials, they can help but for the general public use bandana etc can be as effective at reducing the spread . They are More effective on sick people at reducing than non infected and bandanas can be effective with that aspect.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:38 AM   #17588
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
YeAh predicting the future is very hard , they were using the info they had at the time , it would be like predicting the chiefs to win the Super Bowl while Alex smith is our QB.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:40 AM   #17589
I love your mom

Quote:
This is what fear does to the ill-Informed

There might have been some mental illness in there somewhere too.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:41 AM   #17590
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
. Now is it as bad as some channels in the US are making it out now but the channels who are downplaying it are not helping either.

Please find me a channel that is downplaying it. I would LOVE to watch it for a refreshing change of pace.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:45 AM   #17591
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
How lucky are you to be in this country?

Italy has 132,547 total cases with 16,523 deaths

Our country has 367,650 cases with 10,943 deaths

those are shocking numbers
It sounds like Italy admitted a lot of positive patients that other countries are dealing with as outpatients , out of hospital healthcare infrastructure isn’t like a lot of other countries. That’s why we are telling people to stay away from hospital even when they have covid and why their healthcare workers took a beating.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:50 AM   #17592
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
I'm chalking it up to the beauty of Darwinism.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:53 AM   #17593
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Please find me a channel that is downplaying it. I would LOVE to watch it for a refreshing change of pace.
Sorry from some of the responses in DC and in here it seems like some people are getting information from somewhere that may be doing that. If places like Alex Jones , OAN and breibart are on the same page asCNN and MSNBC I stand corrected.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:53 AM   #17594

Quote:
Of course.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:56 AM   #17595

Quote:
Sorry from some of the responses in DC and in here it seems like some people are getting information from somewhere that may be doing that. If places like Alex Jones , OAN and breibart are on the same page asCNN and MSNBC I stand corrected.
Well some people feel if the news isn't reporting a likely 10 year depression with 90% of the population dead by 2021 they are down playing it. There are some weird negative people that post here.