Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2018, 11:37 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

USA Today: Chiefs finish last in the AFC West

Hope this gets put on the locker room bulletin board. Reid plays the "no respect" card.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #61
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
You did not upgrade at QB. Maybe Patty Deuce will eventually be an upgrade, but not as things stand today.
You did not upgrade at Corner.
Chiefs upgraded on the back end at CB...but overall yes, losing your top probowl CB who's responsible for much of your secondary's turnover production and defensive game changing momentum plays IS def going to hurt. I think he's going to go nuts in that Rams D.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #62
Diablo Negro

Quote:
You did not upgrade at QB. Maybe Patty Deuce will eventually be an upgrade, but not as things stand today.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #63
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
No, not at corner. QB however, is different. It's a wash at worst. I don't think you appreciate the full failure of Alex Smith. It's not apparent from stats.
Posted via Mobile Device
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Losing Marcus Peters hurts and helps. The overall scheme will be tighter and sounder and the tackling will be better, but we lose the game changing turnover machine that was MP. Overall, it's still a net negative. We're better off with him than without him, IMO.

But Rainman has shown above the faulty logic that just because you have a 1st round 'rookie' QB means your QB play is going to regress. I mean, yes, it's possible, but there are numerous instances where it didn't happen. He could hit the ground running with a stable of offensive weapons around him and 'ball out' and we could finish 12-4. He could also struggle, throw a bunch of INT's, or lose skill position players to injuries and we could go 7-9. Either is possible.

But no one knows WHAT Mahomes is at this point (Chiefs fans or Donko fans). We'll find out soon enough . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #65
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Houston had what, 8.5 sacks last year rushing opposite of Frank Zombo.

Jesus, some here act like he's dead.
It's pretty evident that Houston has def not been the same player since he's come back from inj. And I don't think it's because of the lack of production coming from the other side, I think it's more possibly knee related and player digression. Regardless of reason, I really hope he churns out a 14-15 sack season, shouldn't be any reason why he shouldn't be able to get 1 a game for as much as he's making. He's a solid run defender but let's be honest, he's not being paid $100M to stop the run. Sacks are momentum draining for opposing offenses, can create turnovers easier than any other way, and it changes courses of games. Houston needs to start showing up in that dept.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #66
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
Losing Marcus Peters hurts and helps. The overall scheme will be tighter and sounder and the tackling will be better, but we lose the game changing turnover machine that was MP. Overall, it's still a net negative. We're better off with him than without him, IMO.

But Rainman has shown above the faulty logic that just because you have a 1st round 'rookie' QB means your QB play is going to regress. I mean, yes, it's possible, but there are numerous instances where it didn't happen. He could hit the ground running with a stable of offensive weapons around him and 'ball out' and we could finish 12-4. He could also struggle, throw a bunch of INT's, or lose skill position players to injuries and we could go 7-9. Either is possible.

But no one knows WHAT Mahomes is at this point (Chiefs fans or Donko fans). We'll find out soon enough . . . .
I think people put too much into "Peters' tackling" and how it related to Chiefs D problems.

IMO that wasn't a major concern. It costed the Chiefs a couple times yes, but stale offenses lack of pass rush is what hurt more. Chiefs went on a 5 game streak of offensive suckitude.

****ING QUICKSAND!

Last edited by CoMoChief; 07-23-2018 at 02:17 PM..
Old 07-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #67
Mahomes or GTFO

I'm also in the camp that thinks losing Peters will be both good and bad.

We're going to miss the guy that can take the ball away on any play, sure. And that's what Peters will be best remembered for, from a playing standpoint.

But Peters' ability to take the ball away tended to cause fans to overlook just how mediocre certain aspects of his game are – and the fact that he's just got an overall shitty attitude and demeanor.

Peters got burned – a lot. He also called it a "business decision" to make a tackle or not. The dude shied away from contact regularly. There were several times over the course of last year where he just looked disinterested. A few plays that didn't come his way where he'd simply stand there.

We'll miss him as a playmaker. But there were times when Peters would essentially render our defense as a 10-man set. I'd rather take my chances with 11 guys that want to be on the field and give it their all, not 10 and one that doesn't really give a shit.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #68
In Search of a Life

Quote:
But he's not a rookie.

For ****s sake. Everyone and their mother wanted him to sit last year and learn. Now everyone wants qualifiers like "well, he's essentially a rookie". If he needs a year to play to learn that much, there was no reason for him to sit last year. Should have traded Alex and been done with it.

No. They're already burned a year of a cheap contract on a QB for him to sit. He needs to hit the ground running.
I don't think anyone here isn't ecstatic to have mahomes over Alex. Until we see otherwise, our defense is trash. I'm optimistic about mahomes but I'm patiently expecting him to make his share of early career mistakes. I'm optimistic but totally get why anyone would hesitate to crown us just yet. I have to keep reminding myself to be realistic much as I see huge potential for mahomes to absolutely tear shit apart this year.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #69
Mahomes or GTFO

One of the guys that Mahomes is constantly compared to is Rodgers. Coincidentally, Rodgers is one of the last guys drafted so highly to sit behind a successful quarterback before getting a nod. Let's see how that went.

Here's Rodgers' first season after sitting behind Favre:

I'd be okay with that.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #70
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
It's pretty evident that Houston has def not been the same player since he's come back from inj. And I don't think it's because of the lack of production coming from the other side, I think it's more possibly knee related and player digression. Regardless of reason, I really hope he churns out a 14-15 sack season, shouldn't be any reason why he shouldn't be able to get 1 a game for as much as he's making. He's a solid run defender but let's be honest, he's not being paid $100M to stop the run. Sacks are momentum draining for opposing offenses, can create turnovers easier than any other way, and it changes courses of games. Houston needs to start showing up in that dept.
It's just too easy to chip and double guys that are the sole rusher on a team. If you're expecting the guy to churn out 14-15 sack seasons, well, that seems pretty unrealistic. What he's making doesn't really make the player, he had a career year in a contract season. It is what it is.

If he can get 10 plus sacks, that's what you want. It's just tough to do that when the dude rushing on the other side is the equivalent of SNR athletically.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #71
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
So Mahomes is going to make his share of mistakes- but yet none of the other average at best QB's in the Divison won't? We know Rivers will be good for losing at least 2 to 3 winnable games because of stupid turnovers.
Best point I've read w/r/t Mahomes in quite awhile.

Yes, Mahomes is going to make mistakes. And he'll probably make a fair number of them. But the steaming pile of mediocrity that is the rest of the QBs in this division will make quite a few of their own and won't have the weapons and/or raw talent to come up with the kind of head shaking plays that Mahomes can come up with to counter those.

Yeah, Rivers is good - but man oh man does that guy step on his dick when it counts. So he may make fewer mistakes that Mahomes, but history has told us that they'll all be a hell of a lot bigger mistakes.

The QB situation doesn't worry me a bit. Honestly, it's the pass rush. Either it will come back this year and cover for the scattershot secondary we're trying to assemble on the fly (let's not call Fuller a known quantity here; 1 year played primarily inside does not a #1 corner make him...) or it will suck as badly as it did last year and the defense may actually be worse.

We cannot find ourselves in a situation where we had to rob peter to pay paul defensively again. The Chiefs could sell out to slow the run or the pass but they could never play adequately against both. Fix the pass rush so they don't have to spend so much time in Nickel sets and maybe the run defense shows the improvement we all hope for as well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #72
The pizza king of kansas

last in the division? Only if a asteroid hit kansas city and forced to start jamarcus russell.
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #73
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
I'm also in the camp that thinks losing Peters will be both good and bad.

We're going to miss the guy that can take the ball away on any play, sure. And that's what Peters will be best remembered for, from a playing standpoint.

But Peters' ability to take the ball away tended to cause fans to overlook just how mediocre certain aspects of his game are – and the fact that he's just got an overall shitty attitude and demeanor.

Peters got burned – a lot. He also called it a "business decision" to make a tackle or not. The dude shied away from contact regularly. There were several times over the course of last year where he just looked disinterested. A few plays that didn't come his way where he'd simply stand there.

We'll miss him as a playmaker. But there were times when Peters would essentially render our defense as a 10-man set. I'd rather take my chances with 11 guys that want to be on the field and give it their all, not 10 and one that doesn't really give a shit.
I loved the dude as much as the next Chief fan. His first few years, were legit HOF type stuff. But when it went off the rails last year, it just went thermonuclear.

The thing about watching the elite defenses of the league, is they just play fast and fierce. The Jags, the Donks from a few years ago, Seattle etc.

The Chiefs haven't done that in a few years.

Hopefuly the young talent will get that back going.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #74
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Best point I've read w/r/t Mahomes in quite awhile.

Yes, Mahomes is going to make mistakes. And he'll probably make a fair number of them. But the steaming pile of mediocrity that is the rest of the QBs in this division will make quite a few of their own and won't have the weapons and/or raw talent to come up with the kind of head shaking plays that Mahomes can come up with to counter those.

Yeah, Rivers is good - but man oh man does that guy step on his dick when it counts. So he may make fewer mistakes that Mahomes, but history has told us that they'll all be a hell of a lot bigger mistakes.

The QB situation doesn't worry me a bit. Honestly, it's the pass rush. Either it will come back this year and cover for the scattershot secondary we're trying to assemble on the fly (let's not call Fuller a known quantity here; 1 year played primarily inside does not a #1 corner make him...) or it will suck as badly as it did last year and the defense may actually be worse.

We cannot find ourselves in a situation where we had to rob peter to pay paul defensively again. The Chiefs could sell out to slow the run or the pass but they could never play adequately against both. Fix the pass rush so they don't have to spend so much time in Nickel sets and maybe the run defense shows the improvement we all hope for as well.
With all they've put into the front 7, I just can't see it sucking again vs the pass or the run. Theres too much young talent there now. No more slow ass DJ (god bless him, he was a warrior) or just shit piss DL.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #75
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
I loved the dude as much as the next Chief fan. His first few years, were legit HOF type stuff. But when it went off the rails last year, it just went thermonuclear.

The thing about watching the elite defenses of the league, is they just play fast and fierce. The Jags, the Donks from a few years ago, Seattle etc.

The Chiefs haven't done that in a few years.

Hopefuly the young talent will get that back going.
Very much this. I think something you'll see with the Rams defense this year is that, sure they'll be good, but they won't be great. They have a bunch of guys that want to be the show individually. They've got a bunch of ME guys.

The great defenses in this league are the units that play as a team, and can cast the individual aside. They play fierce, smart, aggressive football. They don't do things for show. The show is the unit. The show is the zero on the scoreboard when time runs out.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote