Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2018, 11:37 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

USA Today: Chiefs finish last in the AFC West

Hope this gets put on the locker room bulletin board. Reid plays the "no respect" card.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #46
MVP

I guess it isn't COMPLETELY outlandish to pick us 7-9 (injuries, QB struggles in first full season, unknown defense, etc.), but to pick us LAST implies the Raiders, Broncos & Chargers will all finish ahead of us and win at least 8 games each. You have to be smoking some seriously good shit to believe something that stupid.

The Broncos and Raiders are not good teams. Neither will finish .500. Both will be somewhere in the 4-7 win range. Chiefs will be somewhere between 8-10. Chargers, on paper, could be 9-11 range, but Chargers ALWAYS seem to . . . . you know, Charger . . . . . .

USA Today = East Coast publication that knows exactly jack shit about the current state of the AFC West.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #47
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
I guess it isn't COMPLETELY outlandish to pick us 7-9 (injuries, QB struggles in first full season, unknown defense, etc.), but to pick us LAST implies the Raiders, Broncos & Chargers will all finish ahead of us and win at least 8 games each. You have to be smoking some seriously good shit to believe something that stupid.

The Broncos and Raiders are not good teams. Neither will finish .500. Both will be somewhere in the 4-7 win range. Chiefs will be somewhere between 8-10. Chargers, on paper, could be 9-11 range, but Chargers ALWAYS seem to . . . . you know, Charger . . . . . .

USA Today = East Coast publication that knows exactly jack shit about the current state of the AFC West.
I don't see how anyone that even remotely pays attention to the NFL could think otherwise.
Posted via Mobile Device
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #48
Banned!

I’m excited about this season. Love the youth on D and talent on O.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #49
Veteran

I think it is possible that the Chargers and Raiders finish above the Chiefs, but the Broncos? I'd be disgusted.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #50
Mahomes or GTFO

...says every media outlet every year.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #51
Thank you

**** USA TODAY!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #52
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
**** USA TODAY!!!!
Wow, go back to the Soviet Union, you commie bastard.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #53
My work speaks for itself!!!

I dont know......chucky is going to get a lot of love from the media (and therefore, love from the refs).

Maybe this year, it will be 12 consecutive flags to end the game????
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:40 PM   #54
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Who are some other top-ten QBs who took over successful teams in their second year? A lot of top-ten QBs take over bad teams in their first or second year, but which QBs have had the luxury of going to a good team?

Roethlisberger jumps out as an obvious choice. He even started his rookie year with success. They were 6-10 the year before he started and 15-1 when he started.

The Chargers were 9-7 before Phillip Rivers took the starting job. His first year starting, they went 14-2. (Granted, they were a bad team to start with, but they got Drew Brees while Rivers was learning.)

The Giants were 6-10 the year before Eli Manning became the full time starter, and 11-5 his first year.

Flacco went a bit later, but the Ravens were 5-11 the year before he was drafted, and 11-5 when he started as a rookie.

The Titans regressed with Jake Locker from 9-7 to 6-10 when he became a second-year starter.

Matt Leinart started as a rookie, and the Cardinals went 5-11, the same as the year before. The team wasn't good.

Tannehell started as a rookie, and the Dolphins improved from 6-10 to 7-9.

Jacksonville went from 4-12 to 3-13 with rookie Bortles taking over. They also went from 8-8 to 5-11 when Gabbert was a rookie starter, though Del Rio was the coach so they were destined to be terrible.

Green Bay dropped from 13-3 to 6-10 when Aaron Rodgers took over in his fourth season.

My first conclusion is that it's really hard to find examples of top-ten quarterbacks going to winning teams. My second conclusion is that good quarterbacks seem to do well, and bad quarterbacks seem to do poorly. Putting a good second-year quarterback onto a good team doesn't seem to cause the team to regress based on the little data that I have in front of me. So if these writers are claiming that replacing Alex with Patrick Mahomes II is going to cause a regression, I don't think they're basing it on anything except their own ill-informed opinions.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #55
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
...says every media outlet every year.
Pretty much this.

However I do have major concerns w/ the D.

Bash Peters all you want to, but his turnover making ability was huge and a big part of why the Chiefs won some of their games. Are we going to get that same production out of Amerson, Nelson and/or Fuller? Highly doubtful.

Pass rush is an issue too. Simply put, Houston needs to be the Houston of old if this Chiefs D has any chance of being competitive. And if the pass rush sucks, the secondary is going to suck that much harder.

Chiefs still have a shitty time trying to stop the run. Is that going to improve? Is Chris Jones gonna be a badass DE all of a sudden?

Getting Eric Berry back healthy is BIG, and I hope he can have a 2016-ish type of season.

If Houston can be the Houston of old, Berry plays like it's 2016 and Jones wrecks havoc at the DE spot, then the D may be good "enough".

Oh yeah, and there's a 1st yr starting QB. So there's every reason to be up in the air on the Chiefs right now. Schedule doesn't help but ya never know, some teams end up crapping their pants and some teams come out of nowhere...maybe the Chiefs are the latter. I'll be honest though. I'm REALLY excited about Mahomes, and think he can get this offense rollin' like we haven't seen since DV era. I certainly don't believe the O will be the problem this year barring injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a similar season to 2002. I do think however that the Chiefs will be in major contention for AFC crown in 2019. A couple good 2019 FA's and 3 early draft picks to use can fix the D pretty darn quick. I think the O is set although a TE2 and OL depth (OT) is somewhat needed.

Last edited by CoMoChief; 07-23-2018 at 01:50 PM..
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #56
In Search of a Life

Houston had what, 8.5 sacks last year rushing opposite of Frank Zombo.

Jesus, some here act like he's dead.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #57
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
When is the last meaningful game Chuckie coached? It was probably the last year the Faders had a winning record. Besides the NFL gifted win against us- the Faders have not done shit against us or the division.

Donks did upgrade slightly- but they way overpaid for a journeyman QB and they have a lot of holes on all over that team. Shitty GM and Coach as well.

So Mahomes is going to make his share of mistakes- but yet none of the other average at best QB's in the Divison won't? We know Rivers will be good for losing at least 2 to 3 winnable games because of stupid turnovers.

I will be shocked if we don't at least win the division. This team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball.
I am a huge fan of mahomes. I'm afraid people are setting ourselves up for the expectation that he's going to put up Drew Brees numbers this year. I think there's a good chance he has an outstanding year. But I also have to remind myself that he'd basically a rookie and that our defense was really bad last year. I think we'll win 9 or 10, but I can't rip on thinking we'll win 7. The rest of the article is pure garbage.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #58
In Search of a Life

But he's not a rookie.

For ****s sake. Everyone and their mother wanted him to sit last year and learn. Now everyone wants qualifiers like "well, he's essentially a rookie". If he needs a year to play to learn that much, there was no reason for him to sit last year. Should have traded Alex and been done with it.

No. They're already burned a year of a cheap contract on a QB for him to sit. He needs to hit the ground running.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #59
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
We upgraded at QB,WR2, Both ILB spots ROLB ,Safety ,Corner and NT.

We downgraded in .......Nothing i can think of.

We also upgraded in coaching the 2 LB positions by separate coaching for them.

There's a good chance Bienemy can be better than Nagy. There really is.

But we'll go from 1st to last.

YeeeeeHaaaaaw!
You did not upgrade at QB. Maybe Patty Deuce will eventually be an upgrade, but not as things stand today.
You did not upgrade at Corner.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #60
Diablo Negro

ESPN says KC has the #1 talent on offense.

USA Today says we will come in last because of the QB.

Go figure.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.