Old 11-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Launch Events Viewer.
Click Windows Logs.
Click System.
Look for the date/time of your crash.
Identify yellow and red warnings and errors.
See if you can tell what bombed. You should see some unexpected shutdowns and such.
You might find also some useful information under Windows Logs\Application or Windows Logs\Security.

If you record your crash times and keep checking, you'll probably figure out the culprit. That's where I'd start at least.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, hold down the Shift key and select restart from the Win10 menu. That will boot you to the boot chooser menu, where you can select troubleshooting options. Pick the Troubleshooting option, then Advanced options. See if you can load a previous restore point from there.
Looked at event viewer earlier and it just says something about unexpected power, which is what I assume is due to the hard freeze. It doesn't bsod, just hard freeze and I have to cycle.

For some reason, 10 refuses to let me use a restore point.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Looked at event viewer earlier and it just says something about unexpected power, which is what I assume is due to the hard freeze. It doesn't bsod, just hard freeze and I have to cycle.

For some reason, 10 refuses to let me use a restore point.
Did you post your built info?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

It's a Dell Inspiron 3847 with a 240GB SSD, Radeon R7 250 added and the stock PSU was swapped out for a Thermaltake 500W awhile back.

If I run a game and leave it open, it can stay running for days without any issues. Seems if I start multi-tasking while a game is running it freezes fairly quickly. Didn't have this issue about a month ago.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
It's a Dell Inspiron 3847 with a 240GB SSD, Radeon R7 250 added and the stock PSU was swapped out for a Thermaltake 500W awhile back.

If I run a game and leave it open, it can stay running for days without any issues. Seems if I start multi-tasking while a game is running it freezes fairly quickly. Didn't have this issue about a month ago.
Windows build info? It will be in the update history...
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.