Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM  
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:36 PM   #286
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
i'm going into my 17th hour - this is easy so far.
I'm on hour 118 of my water only fast. You can do this!

Quote:
think I'll do a mediocre bowl of oatmeal as I come off.
I may suggest some 2% plain yogurt (sugar free) with some type of fruit. That has good gut bacteria. Oatmeal seem simple enough as well though.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:27 PM   #287
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJake View Post
Stop this intermittent fasting, KETO, No Bread, only bread. Whatever fad diet you're trying this week. Listen, Burn more calories than you consume in a day. PERIOD. You'll lose weight, I promise.
You do that by restricting calories, dude.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2023, 05:56 AM   #288
You Sweetie!

7 hours left. This isn't too bad. Just going to hate this black coffee, I don't mind the no sugar as I don't ever put sugar in my coffee but cream is a must - oh well.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #289
I missed '69!

Quote:
Stop this intermittent fasting, KETO, No Bread, only bread. Whatever fad diet you're trying this week. Listen, Burn more calories than you consume in a day. PERIOD. You'll lose weight, I promise.
I’m curious how old you are?
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:26 AM   #290
Politically Incorrect

Reminder: to lose a single pound you need to create a 3,500 calorie deficit.

When I lost my 90 pounds in 2017-2018 over an 7 month period, I was vigilant in keeping track of every calorie I consumed and burned.

I started with how many pounds I wanted to lose, 100.

I took that number 100, then multiplied it by 3500, equaling a 350,000 calorie deficit I needed to achieve my goal.

Next was to calculate my daily Base Metabolic Rate, calculators online, to know what I burned each day with my normal activity level. I think it was around 2600 calories to start. Your daily BMR decreases as you lose weight.

Then I took the calories burned at the gym from the 1hr elliptical, the 30 minutes of lifting and 10-15 minutes of stretching. It was about 800-1200 per session.

Next was to realistic calculate how few calories I could take in to support my exercise routine and life. It was 750-1000 intake.

Then I took my daily burned and base metabolic which was around 3000-3250.

Subtracting the intake from the burn left me an average of -2500 NEGATIVE calories

Then took 350000 total / 2500 meant it would take me 140 days to lose the weight and reach my goal.

I lost 90 over 210 days since I did not work out everyday. 4-5 days a week and also I allowed myself 2 calorie cheat days a month where I ate whatever I wanted.

This is what worked for me.

Now I've been doing water fast only to get back down to a weight that allows me to workout again and have energy.

I've lost 65-70 pounds since Dec 4th and got clearance from my Orthopedic surgeon that I can now workout again after May's elbow surgery.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2023, 02:48 PM
Simply Red
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:54 PM   #291
You Sweetie!

eating again at 5pm tomorrow - only doing like 32ish hours this go
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2023, 04:00 PM   #292
You Sweetie!

Been looking forward to this! About to drink some hot water and play like it's coffee.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:02 PM   #293
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Been looking forward to this! About to drink some hot water and play like it's coffee.
That's the spirit.

Sparkling water
Ice water
Hot water
Tap water
Distilled water
Mineral water
Spring water

Really you have lots of choice when deciding what you want for dinner.

Side Note: Finished my 10 day water only fast last Wednesday and I feel great afterwards. Not only do I feel great physically but also emotionally and spiritually. I ended up losing 19lbs but gained 10lbs back after eating for a few days. I have lots of energy and simple foods taste fantastic. Good on you simply Red for tackling fasting in your own way.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:39 AM   #294
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
That's the spirit.

Sparkling water
Ice water
Hot water
Tap water
Distilled water
Mineral water
Spring water

Really you have lots of choice when deciding what you want for dinner.

Side Note: Finished my 10 day water only fast last Wednesday and I feel great afterwards. Not only do I feel great physically but also emotionally and spiritually. I ended up losing 19lbs but gained 10lbs back after eating for a few days. I have lots of energy and simple foods taste fantastic. Good on you simply Red for tackling fasting in your own way.
Not sure I could do a 10-dayer - wow, congrats!
Old 07-31-2023, 03:42 AM   #295
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAG View Post
Been on Carnivore with defacto IF since Aug 2018
Here are a few before / after pics.

SLAG I know I'm super late in saying just how proud I am of you! Congrats!
Old 08-03-2023, 12:22 PM   #296
You Sweetie!

about two hrs for my first 40 hour - previous high was 36hrs. I did have a BM that was about double normal content and feel much better. I'm going soft to relapse on the eating thing here in about 1hr 45mins or so. Thanks for the support. This is going to be a regular thing I'm doing every 6 weeks or so.
Old 08-03-2023, 12:48 PM   #297
MVP

Quote:
It’s not really just about losing weight, occasional fasting is extremely good for your health. Since I’ve been intermittent fasting 5 days a week, my energy levels are through the roof. I literally never get tired now except for when I eat crap.

Same goes for laying off and bread and eating keto or low carb. Not everyone needs to do that, but if you’re a type 2 diabetic you can literally reverse the disease doing so. I know because I did it.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:49 PM   #298
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
It’s not really just about losing weight, occasional fasting is extremely good for your health. Since I’ve been intermittent fasting 5 days a week, my energy levels are through the roof. I literally never get tired now except for when I eat crap.

Same goes for laying off and bread and eating keto or low carb. Not everyone needs to do that, but if you’re a type 2 diabetic you can literally reverse the disease doing so. I know because I did it.
Well in his defense it is Jake, generally he will struggle with most things more complex than that of the alphabet song.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:58 PM   #299
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Eat less, move around a little. It's like magic.

Unless I'm on a vacation, I probably haven't went more than 5 hours without food since Desert Storm. I am also not in great shape anymore but it isn't due to weight, just not weight training anymore. I couldn't imagine fasting. I feel awful if I haven't eaten in a while and very cranky.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2023, 04:30 PM   #300
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Eat less, move around a little. It's like magic.

Unless I'm on a vacation, I probably haven't went more than 5 hours without food since Desert Storm. I am also not in great shape anymore but it isn't due to weight, just not weight training anymore. I couldn't imagine fasting. I feel awful if I haven't eaten in a while and very cranky.
dude I'm still not doing this for weight loss.