Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 AM  
Banned

share your stories about fireworks....

I had a package of jumping jacks go off in my hand courtesy of a fast fuse back in 1983...that was the worst.

Last year I almost died...almost...when a dixie cannon fell over and shot a mortar shell at me.
Redrum_69 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Redrum_69 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-04-2024, 09:31 AM   #61
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Early in my career, 4th of July, this guy strode calmly into the ER with his Right hand wrapped in a blood soaked towel.

He had rigged a couple of bird bombs with a fuse. Lit one fuse and while holding the other, a spark from the lit fuse jumped over the fuse in his left hand. He throws the in his right hand. The one in his left hand goes BOOOOM!!

Blew his hand off save for some sinewy flexors/extensors and skin. How he remained so calm is something I’ll never understand. Was cool as a cucumber.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 07-04-2024, 09:40 AM   #62
In my youth i pray to keep

I love fireworks but they're (like everything else) so god damn expensive. They mark these things up 350% and soon will price the average middle class consumer out. Who has $500+ bucks to spend on a frivolous purchase like this and then your show lasts 45 min.

I spent $150 and got 3 fountains, 1 mid sized black cat cake and a handful of novelties for my kid.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:11 AM   #63
Former Illinoisian

Lived in a second story apartment in our small town business district. Friends were partying in an apartment across the street hanging out the window.
I lined up a bottle rocket in my window right at them and lit that sucker.
It did a sweet corkscrew flight across downtown right into the guys chest and...boom!

That was funny!

Why blow up birds when you can blow up people.
Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:25 AM   #64
New and Improved

Can anyone top this?

stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:46 AM   #65
Ultrabanned

My friends and I made a bunch of sparkler bombs and set out on our merry way looking for stuff to blow up.

Liberated a couple postage receptacles and that was fun enough. Then we thought bigger and wanted to set off our biggest one somewhere in town that would be loud as hell.

My buddy worked at a local grocery store. They had a big dumpsters out back that didn't look too full. Old school with metal lids so we dropped the big boy in one and man it was loud and awesome. Then the dumpster caught on fire and turned into a fun blaze.

We drove off and came back about 5 minutes later to park across the street at Sonic and watch the Fire Dept at work extinguishing it. Come to find out one of his managers got blamed for the whole fiasco because he threw some remodeling trash and a water heater in that dumpster and the FD could point to the water heater as a potential fire starter.

**** that guy.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:56 AM   #66
pie is never free

Don't really have any crazy stories

I recall bombing some poor frog to death with firecrackers, kids can be flat out evil I tells ya

And we used to use brooms for bottle rocket fights, put the rocket in the straw end and you could shoulder and aim it like a rifle
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 11:01 AM   #67
pie is never free

This one never gets old

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 11:17 AM   #68
Champion Golfer Of The Year

One from 2017 in Independence, MO. Was the rep for a hand surgeon at the time. Ended up sewing his hand to his pelvis for a few months to give it blood flow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3531_Original.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	127621  
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 07-04-2024, 12:04 PM   #69
MVP

If you haven't felt your chest compress, you haven't lived.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:11 PM   #70
Consuming CP souls

Snake and sparkler
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 02:59 PM   #71
MVP

I grew up in central Kansas where burning trash in a 55 gallon drum in your backyard was a part of life. Scrounge around for close to empty aerosol spray (like your mom's Aquanet) and toss them in the burning drum in a few minutes it would explode up in the air.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-04-2024, 03:03 PM   #72
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Snake and sparkler
Snakes are the worst, all they do is make a big stink... at least sparklers make pretty lights
Old 07-04-2024, 06:32 PM   #73
Wasted away again...

Just fired this cannon my dad made sometime in the 1960s.

https://youtube.com/shorts/aoUif2v7j...QJVhNOsv2zR0Mb
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:52 PM   #74
Politically Incorrect

My great Aunt was born on July 4th and every year as a kid about 30 of my Mom's family all went to her house for a large party. Her sister who was my other great aunt, and grandfather lived next door.

Lots of Ballantine, Pabst and Reingold beer for the adults. Hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, potato and pasta salad, potato chips, pretzels, cakes, pies and soda for us kids. They had a homemade, above ground pool with a rigged kiddie slide from a play set with a garden hose attached to provide water for lubrication.

When nightfall came, they would hand out sparklers to all the kids and the adults walked across the street to the football field at the back of Union High School in New Jersey to shoot off bottle rockets and the roman candles and firecrackers.

All my cousins were there and it was a great time.

They had an old fashion coal shoot into the basement as they had a coal furnace. My cousin Robert had this massive HO train set up in their basement with about 40 trains, 3 multiple lines running at same time, mountains, waterfalls and incredible setup.

Life was so simple and wonderful back then......
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 11:31 PM
HayWire
This message has been deleted by HayWire. Reason: ..
Old 07-04-2024, 11:35 PM   #75
Retired Bearcat

HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.