Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2018, 01:32 AM  
Mahomes Dynasty

Whitlock: "I disagree TonyG, there's no breaks on this bus".

Whitlock drinking that Mahomes kool-aid like the rest of us.

CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
I don't think it's in Pat's makeup to believe/absorb the hype. Dude is a grinder who has a set standards for himself that would be astronomical for most of us by comparison.

His dad strikes me as the type that has ingrained in him that success is never permanent and failure is not the end all be all. Gotta do the work, work harder than everyone etc and let everything out on the field at that point. Dude has that mentality of keep firing. Mistakes aren't going to make him gun-shy like it would for most QBs.

Kid is special.
He is fearless. Showed it already on the road in shootouts against two HOF quarterbacks. He knows his talent is just as good and he’s not afraid of those guys.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #32
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Well yeah, but I should have clarified I was referring to us getting out franchise QB in place
Yea, after I posted that I thought that might have been what you were talking about.
Either way, IT'S ****ING GREAT!!!!
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #33
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
All this hype makes me nervous.
It should because our o-line is mediocre at best in pass blocking. I see one of 2 things happening going forward with our o-line. Either they become more inspired and motivated to play to their potential or above their actual talent level because they know they are protecting "the real Kool-Aid kid" or the pressure gets to them as they face tougher d-lines/pass rushers going forward not to mention PM2 is also put in the crosshairs even more because he is "the real Kool-Aid kid" thus PM2 is running for his life. Thank Jesus literally he can throw accurately on the run.

Mexico City will be a big test for sure especially IF there are no injuries to our o-line to that point. I truly hope they rise to the occasion but I have my doubts.

Mahomes will put up numbers regardless BUT putting up wins against tough opponents will come down to how well they allow Pat to throw from the pocket and limiting his rollouts even though Pat does well rolling out. Not to mention limiting his chance of getting hurt rolling out all the time.

Last edited by Chiefshrink; 09-19-2018 at 09:34 AM..
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #34
Mahomes > God

Not too concerned about the O-line considering PM's mobility and the fact that he's just as dangerous if not more when out of the pocket and improvising.

Crazy thing is we really haven't seen it yet...just that one laser in LA running to his right.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
I don't think it's in Pat's makeup to believe/absorb the hype. Dude is a grinder who has a set standards for himself that would be astronomical for most of us by comparison.

His dad strikes me as the type that has ingrained in him that success is never permanent and failure is not the end all be all. Gotta do the work, work harder than everyone etc and let everything out on the field at that point. Dude has that mentality of keep firing. Mistakes aren't going to make him gun-shy like it would for most QBs.

Kid is special.
Well said.

And I have noticed the same thing with this kid's demeanor. Hard working, knowing he can always improve, humble, very physically talented kid. What more do you want at the QB position??
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Not too concerned about the O-line considering PM's mobility and the fact that he's just as dangerous if not more when out of the pocket and improvising.

Crazy thing is we really haven't seen it yet...just that one laser in LA running to his right.
He had a 2nd one against the Chargers but phenomenal play by the safety to prevent touchdown.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #37
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
He had a 2nd one against the Chargers but phenomenal play by the safety to prevent touchdown.
Ohhh yes totally forgot about that one lol.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #38
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Don't ****ing care. Not this season, anyway.

I'm tired of going full wuss as an offense so we can secure gritty hard-fought regular season wins.

If we make the playoffs, we finally have a ****ing chance in a playoff game because we've got a real goddamn ****ing QB. That's what matters.

If we come up short, then who cares. It's Mahomes' first year as a starter. We're playing with house money.
Yes and no.

In hockey I've always heard the axiom 'A championship team will knock on the door before they kick it in...'

I think it applies in most sports, really. If the Chiefs are going to win a Super Bowl - I mean actually win the damn thing - I think I want to see them go win a home playoff game first. It may not hold up to scrutiny, but the "Eagles Model" of coming out of nowhere and just winning all of the sudden seems pretty uncommon to me. For a lot of teams, they first experience some success and come up just a bit short. They learn from it and then blow past it the following year.

"House money" is maybe a little strong - I'd like to see them shake that '1 and done' tag a little better this season and situate themselves for a nice little 3-4 year run where they enter the season hungry and as prohibitive favorites.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #39
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yes and no.

In hockey I've always heard the axiom 'A championship team will knock on the door before they kick it in...'

I think it applies in most sports, really. If the Chiefs are going to win a Super Bowl - I mean actually win the damn thing - I think I want to see them go win a home playoff game first. It may not hold up to scrutiny, but the "Eagles Model" of coming out of nowhere and just winning all of the sudden seems pretty uncommon to me. For a lot of teams, they first experience some success and come up just a bit short. They learn from it and then blow past it the following year.

"House money" is maybe a little strong - I'd like to see them shake that '1 and done' tag a little better this season and situate themselves for a nice little 3-4 year run where they enter the season hungry and as prohibitive favorites.
Like Seattle did early. It's what most teams do.

Go to the Afc divisional round, get beat by a score late or something.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #40
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
It should because our o-line is mediocre at best in pass blocking. I see one of 2 things happening going forward with our o-line. Either they become more inspired and motivated to play to their potential or above their actual talent level because they know they are protecting "the real Kool-Aid kid" or the pressure gets to them as they face tougher d-lines/pass rushers going forward not to mention PM2 is also put in the crosshairs even more because he is "the real Kool-Aid kid" thus PM2 is running for his life. Thank Jesus literally he can throw accurately on the run.

Mexico City will be a big test for sure especially IF there are no injuries to our o-line to that point. I truly hope they rise to the occasion but I have my doubts.

Mahomes will put up numbers regardless BUT putting up wins against tough opponents will come down to how well they allow Pat to throw from the pocket and limiting his rollouts even though Pat does well rolling out. Not to mention limiting his chance of getting hurt rolling out all the time.
He's leading the league in passer rating from the pocket.

The OL has been pretty frickin good this year. I literally wonder sometimes if the expectation for a "good" OL in Kc is the early 2000 OL.

That probably aint happening.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
He's leading the league in passer rating from the pocket.

The OL has been pretty frickin good this year.
For now. You get my point.

Quote:
I literally wonder sometimes if the expectation for a "good" OL in Kc is the early 2000 OL. That probably aint happening.
Expectations should always be to strive for excellence especially when you have "the real Kool-Aid kid" at QB that must be protected at all times. No we definitely don't have that 02-05 HOF line but we should strive for that quality all the time is my point.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #42
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I completely agree.

If the Chiefs sleepwalk on Sunday, which I doubt, they could suffer an upset. ANYONE can beat anyone on any given Sunday in the NFL.

They gotta stay focused and not read into the hype.....
Not to stray off topic but first home game with our QOTF might be a good time to get together...same spot? EDave? My boy and I are in...
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #43
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Isn't that his number for next year?

Even if it's his number right now you just go to Berry and ask him to be a pal since he keeps missing games...they have several guys they could ask to restructure actually.
Maybe they would decide to be a pal, but - why would these guys who might be injury settlement candidates next year decide to restructure money out of this year to later years, when they might never see it?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:11 AM   #44
In Search of a Life

Old 09-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:

That’s awesome. Great play design. Cool thing is that doesn’t seem like a fluke play to me. Tyreek is fastest guy in the league. Safeties have to respect this in their coverage. Pat is already good enough with eye manipulation to run this play successfully all the time. Only question mark will be the pass protection. OL did their job on that play and it sets up the whole thing.