Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-03-2017, 08:48 AM  
MVP

Eugene Monroe - The Players Tribune

Great read, IMO.

Quote:
Every single morning when I wake up, before I brush my teeth or even sit up, I feel pain.

Intense pain at times — in my neck, my back, all of my joints and particularly in my left knee and shoulder, which were surgically reconstructed during my career.

A year ago, I retired from football, but the effects of playing this game will likely never leave me. Managing my physical condition has become part of my daily routine, and unfortunately, it may be this way forever.

I didn’t come into the NFL ignorant about the risks I was taking on. My rookie year, I played alongside Tra Thomas, a guy I’ll always be grateful to for taking me under his wing. One thing that really stuck with me, though, even back then, was the way he walked. Tra had been in the league for 10 seasons at that point and every day I saw him hobble around the locker room in pain. That’s when I had a better idea of what was in store for me down the line.

Now, all these years later, I look back on all the injuries I suffered and I wonder how they piled up to result in the pain I feel now....
The rest can be read here:

https://theplayerstribune.com/eugene...ody-remembers/
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
Everyday I can barely make it to my landrover sometimes I ask myself if it is worth it
Heh.

Demonpenz never fails to deliver.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #17
Banned!

I feel my high school playing days every day of my life. Playing pro ball is just nuts.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Perhaps Eugene should read this...

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay View Post
There's much better stuff for pain than weed. It's a stupid argument really.
Have big pharma stock?
RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #20
Starter

I feel the effects of Pro football. I get reminded every year of how long its been since we've been to the Super bowl. That's a lot of kicks to the nuts!
Beerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBeerthirty is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay View Post
There's much better stuff for pain than weed.
Even if that is true, it's still none of the government's business how he chooses to medicate.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerthirty View Post
I feel the effects of Pro football. I get reminded every year of how long its been since we've been to the Super bowl. That's a lot of kicks to the nuts!
I get a prescription of Xanax to take before every Alex Smith start for the Chiefs.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #23
In Search of a Life

Join the Club and i didnt even have to play foootball for my aches and pains. I have had some ****ed up shit happen in my life too and i didnt get paid millions. Does it suck? yes, but you learn to deal with it one way or another, but i dont bitch about it to anyone! lol Hell, This is the first time i have ever talked about it on the internet and i been on it for 20 plus years.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #24
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Even if that is true, it's still none of the government's business how he chooses to medicate.
I don't care to debate the politics of it and while I agree with you I wish people who stop acting like it's some miracle drug. It's not.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #25
I'll be back.

Give me a ****ing break.

Quote:
Monroe was cut just 27 months after the Ravens gave him $17.5 million in guaranteed money. All Baltimore got in return was 17 starts.
https://overthecap.com/player/eugene-monroe/927/

Quote:
Eugene Monroe

Career Earnings: $43,750,001
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #26
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerthirty View Post

Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.