Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 02:30 PM  
Veteran

Chiefs/Theater room wall mural

I've got a dedicated room in my basement where I have an UST projector for watching games and movies. It's got a mostly red with black, white and yellow concrete floor (is paint flake under epoxy). On the back wall my artist friend is going to put a mural. These are the options I have been given. Any thoughts?

First picture is of the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240903_152906.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	127908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240903_151842_Messages.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	127909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240903_151914_Messages.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	127910  
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 02:33 PM   #2
Constable of Untruths

None. Find a different artist.

I suggest getting in touch with Stevie Ray. He does excellent work and your mural wouldn't look as generic as these options you've been given.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #3
Veteran

Design 2, option A would be my choice. However, I'd prefer the text "Kansas City Chiefs" to "Chiefs Kingdom". Gotta have the Mahomes pic though.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #4
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Design 2, Option A is the clear winner here.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #5
Veteran

The mixed fonts bothers me, especially the word 'Chiefs'.

But you're doing this for you, not me.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
None. Find a different artist.

I suggest getting in touch with Stevie Ray. He does excellent work and your mural wouldn't look as generic as these options you've been given.
Appreciate the input. Respectfully disagree. This friend of mine has murals all over multiple cities including KC.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 03:02 PM   #7

2A by a mile.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #8
Politically Incorrect

Looks like a giant bumper sticker.

Stevie Ray is the Patrick Mahomes of murals.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:06 PM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
Design 2, option A would be my choice. However, I'd prefer the text "Kansas City Chiefs" to "Chiefs Kingdom". Gotta have the Mahomes pic though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Design 2, Option A is the clear winner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
2A by a mile.
Seems to be a consensus from friends and family. Two things I'm worried about is the amount of red making the room feel smaller and possible clashing with the red floor.

Also, this is the first pass. She is asking me for choice/edits I'd like. It's possible to change the words or whatever.
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #10
Let's get a snack

2A - but Replace "Chiefs Kingdom", with "Kansas City Chiefs"

Last edited by mdstu; Today at 03:14 PM..
mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #11

I would take 2A as-is. The others would be a no-go for me if only for the fact they use more yellow than I would want. On 2A it's an accent, which works well. (And it's generally how the Chiefs themselves choose to do it.)
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #12
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
Seems to be a consensus from friends and family. Two things I'm worried about is the amount of red making the room feel smaller and possible clashing with the red floor.

Also, this is the first pass. She is asking me for choice/edits I'd like. It's possible to change the words or whatever.
Don't let her replace Patrick Mahomes II with another quarterback. That's got to be a firm no.

Good point on the red floor. Maybe you could make the background yellow, but I'd lean more toward painting the floor yellow.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #13
My work speaks for itself!!!

2A!
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #14
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Or hey, paint the floor green with white yard markers every few feet. It'll be fun AND useful.
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #15
The pizza king of kansas

Give Stevie ray a call that all.
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.