Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 10:45 AM  
"I'm with you fellers"

Sinus infection anyone?

Lots of sneezes at school but I think mine is self inflicted. I dove int a pool Saturday and apparently inhaled half the water into my sinuses and ears. Now I have yellow snot for days and am weak. I use a navage 3 times a day which helps but this crap ain’t goin away. Came home from school today to weak to teach shop.
Any ideas?
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old Today, 10:50 AM   #2
Politically Incorrect

Saline spray for nostrils.

Make sure at night you are hydrated.

I haven't had one since my move to AZ.

I had 1-2 a year for about 20-25 years. I got them the most in the fall in NJ with the crunching of leaves on the golf course. Also the pollen in the spring.

The post nasal drip and squishy ears and pain around the eye sockets are the worst.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #3
Spiraling down the Drain

Gatorade is your friend.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #4
My work speaks for itself!!!

get them all the time unfortunately. enough to where I've considered sinus surgery.

As mentioned - saline spray (though the gel seems to work better for me).

Sinus rinse (netti)

Sudafed (the kind you have to sign for) helps open up your ears/nose/breathing
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #5
Veteran

Go to the doctor, have him prescribe a Z-pack. You'll be fine in a few days, whereas a sinus infection can linger for weeks if left untreated.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #6
"I'm with you fellers"

Seems like what is read is 50/50 meds or not. Looking for home/Walgreens remedies.
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
Seems like what is read is 50/50 meds or not. Looking for home/Walgreens remedies.
If you aren't taking antibiotics, your only option is to treat symptoms and wait it out. There is no OTC or home cure for a sinus infection.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #8
Starter

A Zpak would help fix the issue if its a bacterial infection... I'm not suggesting anyone does this, but one could theoretically purchase antibiotic capsules for fish, as they are the same capsules that are used for humans but don't require a prescription because you'd be purchasing them for fish. In this case a Zpak is Azithromycin 250mg, 2 capsules on the first day, followed by 1 capsule daily for the next 4 days...

(This is not a recommendation necessarily: I say theoretically of course, as fish antibiotics are not regulated in the same way as human antibiotics, though oftentimes the capsules sold are produced by the same companies on the same assembly lines, but once produced, they potentially undergo different standards of care, and if the case of a cross-contamination or anything occurs, you wouldn't have the same legal protections that you would hold with prescription antibiotics.)

If the sinus infection is viral, nothing you can really do other than treat symptoms and stay hydrated.

Worked in pharmacy: Learned from drug reps that the only difference for a number of companies is that they package it differently.

Again, not a recommendation per se, more knowledge for people as a last resort.

Last edited by kcgreene; Today at 12:50 PM..
kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #9
"I'm with you fellers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
A Zpak would help fix the issue if its a bacterial infection... I'm not suggesting anyone does this, but one could theoretically purchase antibiotic capsules for fish, as they are the same capsules that are used for humans but don't require a prescription because you'd be purchasing them for fish. In this case a Zpak is Azithromycin 250mg, 2 capsules on the first day, followed by 1 capsule daily for the next 4 days...

(This is not a recommendation necessarily: I say theoretically of course, as fish antibiotics are not regulated in the same way as human antibiotics, though oftentimes the capsules sold are produced by the same companies on the same assembly lines, but once produced, they potentially undergo different standards of care, and if the case of a cross-contamination or anything occurs, you wouldn't have the same legal protections that you would hold with prescription antibiotics.)

If the sinus infection is viral, nothing you can really do other than treat symptoms and stay hydrated.

Worked in pharmacy: Learned from drug reps that the only difference for a number of companies is that they package it differently.

Again, not a recommendation per se, more knowledge for people as a last resort.
Interesting. I grew up in the livestock field and many products for livestock are the same but cost a LOT more as meds for humans.

Now my question is why can’t we determine-if it’s a viral or fungal or another type of infection but we can put several people in a submarine to go see the titanic !