Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:45 PM   #5566
Banned!

Not really space exploration and not really new information, but I appreciate how they talk about rockets utilizing the gravity of wherever we're heading.

StarTalk, BTW.

https://fb.watch/u3mtOQ8j9u/
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #5567
Elway be drinkin' again

NASA is set to determine the fate of two stranded astronauts tomorrow, after their ride home aboard Boeing's Starliner was deemed too risky.

Wilmore and Williams are reportedly unable to hitch a lift with a SpaceX Dragon spacecraft, which regularly transports humans and cargo to the orbital outpost.

......The spacesuits Wilmore and Williams arrived in are only suitable for Boeing's Starliner spacecraft, and will not work with the Dragon vessel.The Dragon spacecraft has its own range of spacesuits that it can operate with.

Not to sound like an idiot but why couldn't they have suitable spacex suits delivered on an earlier supply flight? I have read they could be up there until February.
Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #5568
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
Not to sound like an idiot but why couldn't they have suitable spacex suits delivered on an earlier supply flight? I have read they could be up there until February.
(Assuming they don't somehow decide to send them home on Starliner after all...)

They can and will get suits up to them. The issue with timing is that there's a crew of four who have been up there since March. There aren't extra seats on Dragon, so the priority is getting those four home.

Butch and Suni will slot in as members of the next expedition, which would launch in September with only 2 out of 4 originally-planned crew. Then that set of four would come home in March.

It's not ideal, but astronauts are trained to be able to do anything they're asked. Butch and Suni have already been doing plenty of work on station and will continue to do so.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.