Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #75046
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Looking at the schedule and my comment about 9 wins - it will be a fight for them to get there and they have little margin for error given how the schedule plays out.

They would need to go 2-2 in the first 4 games - @ SEA, PIT, @ Bucs and @ Jets.

The next stretch of 4 games is where they need to take advantage and go 3-1 at a minimum - Raiders, Chargers, @ Saints & Panthers.

Start off with 3 of 4 on the road, followed by 3 of 4 at home. Get to 5-3 best case and 9 wins is within reach, go 4-4 and it's a lot harder.

The next 5 games before the week 14 bye week are brutal. @ Ravens, @ KCC, Falcons, @ Raiders and Browns. 1-4 is likely their outcome here (defeating CLE) unless they can steal something from the Falcons or Raiders.

So, if they can finish 5-3 in the first 8 and then 2-3 during this stretch of 5, that puts them at 7 wins with 4 games after the bye week.

Colts, @ Chargers, @ Bengals and KCC --- tough ending but, go 2-2 and they're at 9 wins. Going 1-3 wouldn't be surprising either.

Very very very thin margin of error for them to get to 9 wins and they could definitely fall short at 7 or 8 wins. I'm sure most around here look at it and say they'll be lucky to hit 3 or 4 wins. We shall see.

No playoffs, no chasing a division title - just consistently improve every week, those are my expectations and stay in the fight to finish at 9 wins. I'm not worried about a meaningless 9 wins screwing up a draft position.

Ok, flame away.
6-11, in route to their 8th losing season in a row.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #75047
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I'd just like to know what we're supposed to be so impressed by to this point. What has he done that wowed you? Especially in the context of facing backups/vanilla schemes, little gameplanning, etc.

Sure, he's probably going to be better than what Denver's had in recent years. Shouldn't the bar be a little higher than that? Do you really think his ceiling is anywhere close to Mahomes, Allen, Caleb Williams, Lamar, Burrow, etc?

Anyone who's insulted by Alex Smith comparisons might want to re-watch those Packers highlights. Now wait til he's facing top-shelf first string defenses that have studied his film and learned all his tendencies.
See bolded. If you've been eating dog food for years, you're going to be excited about the possibility of burgers instead, even if your neighbor is eating steak with ketchup.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #75048
Ultrabanned

Talk about our shitty quarterback’s preseason performance in good faith!!

Waahhhh waaahhh waahhh
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #75049
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
6-11, in route to their 8th losing season in a row.
It’s certainly possible.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #75050
In Search of a Life

I'm just not sure how the defense gets stops?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #75051
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm just not sure how the defense gets stops?
Uh, it typically would involve tackling the guy with the ball.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 12:31 PM   #75052
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Uh, it typically would involve tackling the guy with the ball.
And talent
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #75053
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
See bolded. If you've been eating dog food for years, you're going to be excited about the possibility of burgers instead, even if your neighbor is eating steak with ketchup.
That was funny!
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 02:10 PM   #75054
MVP

Quote:
I don't think I'd be very patient with an organization that hasn't reached the postseason in nearly a decade in a league with a salary cap, but that's just me.

Dare I say it might be banner-flying time...
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #75055
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Probably.

Obviously, it's just preseason, and we don't really know what he's going to look like in real games yet. And I'm not even sure I think Nix is playing like an Alex clone. Just from the quick short passes, and the rolling out stuff, feels a lot like early Alex. Down to the off-target/off-line deeper shots that Alex was infamous for, especially early in his career.

The only thing I'm prepared to say confidently, is that Nix appears to be very coachable.
We'll see how well that dink and dunk shit works when teams take it away and make him throw it downfield.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #75056
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
The thing is that nobody really cares if you are impressed. I'm not saying that dismissively. It just really doesn't matter. Starting in three weeks, the bullets will be live, and we're going to see what we're going to see. But the point of a board like this seems as if it's to discuss football. That process doesn't happen in good faith if both parties aren't honestly communicating with each other. And that's my point. Maybe you are so blinded by your hate that you sincerely don't know how to communicate in good faith.
The same guy who scolded me for generalizing is now slinging generalizations, and false ones?

I'm not sure anyone on the planet cares more about what KC fans think of his team than Q Joe.

And he's far from the only one who seeks validation here.

Last edited by RaidersOftheCellar; Today at 02:25 PM..
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 02:30 PM   #75057
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl View Post
We'll see how well that dink and dunk shit works when teams take it away and make him throw it downfield.

Yep. I mean, we already know that they're going to try and establish a running game, which brings the LBs and Ss down into/closer to the box, so the short/intermediate middle is going to get crowded pretty quickly. So, will Nix be able to take any advantage and throw deep over the top? So far, his deeper throws haven't been all that. We'll see if that improves in the regular season. But it better improve quickly, that's certain.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #75058
Andy Reid Supporter

Mark Schlereth hinted that Stidham might start week 1 and be the early starter for the first few weeks.

That seems like it might be the case since Sean dropped his new depth chart today and Bo Nix is still QB3
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:13 PM   #75059
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mark Schlereth hinted that Stidham might start week 1 and be the early starter for the first few weeks.

That seems like it might be the case since Sean dropped his new depth chart today and Bo Nix is still QB3
I wouldn’t be surprised… he might want to hedge his bets early, see if Stidham can get them through the first few weeks. Then, depending on how that goes, put Nix in game 3 or 4. Games 5-8 are the easiest stretch. Maybe that’s his thought, let Stidham fail and then Nix comes in for the remainder.

Who knows… he could be keeping Nix at 3 to elevate the value and try and trade one of the other two.

Maybe he wants to debut Bo vs PIT and not at SEA. Who knows….
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 03:15 PM   #75060
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised… he might want to hedge his bets early, see if Stidham can get them through the first few weeks. Then, depending on how that goes, put Nix in game 3 or 4. Games 5-8 are the easiest stretch. Maybe that’s his thought, let Stidham fail and then Nix comes in for the remainder.

Who knows… he could be keeping Nix at 3 to elevate the value and try and trade one of the other two.

Maybe he wants to debut Bo vs PIT and not at SEA. Who knows….
Overaged prospect drafted on 'polish' and he has to sit behind....Jarred Stidham?

Yeah - that's great news for y'all...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.