Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 12:49 PM  
Veteran

I have cut the cord, How to watch the games.

I have cut the cord because only watch TV for the Chiefs. A long time ago my locals worked in the city. +25 years ago based upon litigation my locals are now Topeka, which is considered not to be KC market. I could though, through CBS NBC ABC, get the games unless they were on prime, peacock, NFL network. But again the only reason I sign up for cable was to watch the games.

Years ago I queried the CP about streaming. Most the comments were negative.

If the games are shown on prime/peacock/NFL network, in theory about 6 to 8 games you will need those services. In the future how many more alternate platforms will NFL choose.

Therefore I ask the CP how best to watch games? Without cable/DirecTV/dish network.

One answer I understand as possible, YouTube TV. I've not very much experience with that. Additionally I believe it costs around 80 or $90 a month. But again, I would only use it to watch the Chiefs.

A friend of mine offered an alternative called VONWIK. From what I understand, they allow 23,000 channels, possibly a Canadian company?, That would allow me to watch the games. This cost $15 a month. Again with 23,000 channels. Also you can't PAUSE/RECORD the game. Dunno. My friend is going to test it again this weekend.

He stated Sunday ticket will show all the games, but he found Chiefs games were blacked out. Don't know.

With the advent of newer and newer technology every year, is there some way to watch the games at a reasonable price. I don't watch TV except for the games.

What say you CP members as ideas?
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #2
Andy Reid Supporter

NFL+ is $14.99/month and you can watch any game. The replay of games comes on 30 mins after the game is over.

So so worth it
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:04 PM   #3
Forever Royal

You don’t need YouTube TV to get NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube. Lets you watch all out of market games on at noon and 3 pm. However for prime time games (which the Chiefs have a lot of) it doesn’t really help. So that said I assume antenna doesn’t get you those games? Or does it? I guess I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

Edit-So on reading again it seems like you do say you will get the prime time games on antenna. Do we really have 6-8 games on random premium channels?
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #4
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Gaby will know.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:17 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I have cut the cord because only watch TV for the Chiefs. A long time ago my locals worked in the city. +25 years ago based upon litigation my locals are now Topeka, which is considered not to be KC market. I could though, through CBS NBC ABC, get the games unless they were on prime, peacock, NFL network. But again the only reason I sign up for cable was to watch the games.

Years ago I queried the CP about streaming. Most the comments were negative.

If the games are shown on prime/peacock/NFL network, in theory about 6 to 8 games you will need those services. In the future how many more alternate platforms will NFL choose.

Therefore I ask the CP how best to watch games? Without cable/DirecTV/dish network.

One answer I understand as possible, YouTube TV. I've not very much experience with that. Additionally I believe it costs around 80 or $90 a month. But again, I would only use it to watch the Chiefs.

A friend of mine offered an alternative called VONWIK. From what I understand, they allow 23,000 channels, possibly a Canadian company?, That would allow me to watch the games. This cost $15 a month. Again with 23,000 channels. Also you can't PAUSE/RECORD the game. Dunno. My friend is going to test it again this weekend.

He stated Sunday ticket will show all the games, but he found Chiefs games were blacked out. Don't know.

With the advent of newer and newer technology every year, is there some way to watch the games at a reasonable price. I don't watch TV except for the games.

What say you CP members as ideas?
How far from Topeka (or KC since you said litigation puts you in the Topeka market) are you?

Open air antennas are pretty dang good for this situation.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #6
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
NFL+ is $14.99/month and you can watch any game. The replay of games comes on 30 mins after the game is over.

So so worth it
You can't watch live with this, correct?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:34 PM   #7
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

It is live local and prime time games but only on mobile devices. Could always cast them to the TV though. Not sure the Chiefs are local for him though or if that even matters? Thinking maybe it would let him watch whatever is live in his market, which based on the TV maps seems like it would always be the Chiefs.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:37 PM   #8
Forever Royal

The more I think about this issue it seems like the only real problem is you want to watch them if they play on peacock or something? But that’s an issue for everyone. I guess I don’t know why you can’t just watch them on the antenna or NFL+ if you are fine watching them on mobile devices.
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
If you could watch live, nobody would buy Sunday Ticket.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #10
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
It is live local and prime time games. Not sure the Chiefs are local for him though or if that even matters? Thinking maybe it would net him watch whatever is live in his market, which based on the TV maps seems like it would always be the Chiefs.
You can also watch RedZone which is the shit. Chiefs should be in the RedZone about 80% of the time based on my projections and maths.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 01:39 PM   #11
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

So so worth it
I don't care about anyone but a Kansas City Chief
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:47 PM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
It is live local and prime time games but only on mobile devices. Could always cast them to the TV though. Not sure the Chiefs are local for him though or if that even matters? Thinking maybe it would let him watch whatever is live in his market, which based on the TV maps seems like it would always be the Chiefs.
They disable the casting feature for games. Can only watch on mobile except red Zone and NFL channel you can watch on a streaming device. I had it last year and still well worth the price just for Red Zone.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 01:48 PM   #13
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Preseason, yes. Regular season, only on mobile.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #14
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Preseason, yes. Regular season, only on mobile.
Woof, count me out.

Not watching live on a TV should be a felony.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #15
In Search of a Life

I have YouTube tv in Springfield and can’t watch. Anyone help?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:58 PM
MatriculatingHank
This message has been deleted by MatriculatingHank.