Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2024, 05:56 PM  
Threepeat!

Chiefs DT Chris Jones Hoping For Time Off During Training Camp

Some may say "not a good look" after inking a big deal. If Andy & the rest of the team is good with... why not?

A year ago, superstar defensive tackle Chris Jones skipped the offseason program, training camp and the season’s opening game as he and the Kansas City Chiefs negotiated a new contract.

Ultimately, the two sides agreed on a stopgap one-year deal to get Jones back on the field. Then in early March, he and the team finally signed a five-year, $159 million contract that included $95 million in guarantees.

Even after missing all that practice time last season, Jones still earned a second consecutive first-team All-Pro nod. He’ll turn 30 before the team opens its 2024 training camp at Missouri Western State Univerity in St. Joseph in mid-July — and he’s hoping that under the circumstances, head coach Andy Reid will let him skip some practices.

“Listen man, I’ve already been talking to Andy about, ‘Let me skip out on training camp. I’m a little older, right?’” he told reporters during his youth football camp in Overland Park this week, per the Kansas City Star. “I can feel it. I can feel when we have a day on training camp. Give me like two days off and one day on, then — and we maybe can work something out, you know?”

It doesn’t appear that Reid is enthusiastic about the idea.

“He just looked at me,” smiled Jones. “So the conversation is still ongoing.”

However much time he spends on the practice field in St. Joseph, Jones thinks his approach will remain the same.

“The mindset is always the same: being in the best shape you could be in, [finding] a way to interact with the community — but also better yourself — doing a good deed a week,” he said. “I don’t think my mindset ever changed, year in and year out [through different contract situations]. [It’s] just [that] I get a little wiser; I get a few more gray hairs.

“And we’re gonna keep this thing going.”

Players will begin reporting the week of July 15. We’ll get our first look at a training camp session on Sunday, July 21.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/...-training-camp
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 03:18 AM   #16
WhatUneed2Hear

I'm ok with it
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 05:52 AM   #17
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Whatever we are doing as a team seems to be delivering excellent results. Hard to argue with it until the results start to differ.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:16 AM   #18
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Veterans trying to get out of grueling training camp work is a tale as old as time. Chris is just the kind of guy to talk about it to the media. No concern.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 07:20 AM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanm View Post
Besides Chris is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team and setting a example for the younger players.

What kind of example does that set?
This x 1000. He should be one of the first guys on the field and one of the last to leave, even if he doesn't like it.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:40 AM   #20
Veteran

Sometimes I wish Marty were still here...
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:48 AM   #21
__

Has anybody here even seen a Chris Jones interview before?

Fair chance that Jones is just joking around.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:52 AM   #22
MVP

I refuse to calm down. I'm gonna freak out. He should be running triathlons between two a days
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 08:04 AM   #23
Veteran

Seems a bit tone deaf after getting paid a big contract, especially since he's been with Andy his entire career. He should know the deal.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-28-2024, 08:28 AM   #24
Baba Ganoush

Wait…people would actually be upset if he took time off?

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 08:28 AM   #25
El Gato Gordo Loco

Honestly kind of a bad teammate action
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 08:32 AM   #26
Special Teams ACE!!!

Actually I've got a great idea.

Chris can have a day off as long as he lines up his replacement for the missed practice. And I think it should be those fat sacks of crap agents of his!
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 09:04 AM   #27
Starter

Missing camp seemed to work well last year….
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-28-2024, 09:05 AM   #28
MVP

If there's one thing that I am taking from this, last year's holdout 100% was about skipping camp.

Just ironing out some sticking points here, I'll get back to you in three weeks
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-28-2024, 09:20 AM   #29
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
Sometimes I wish Marty were still here...
Yeah, all of this playoff success is exhausting.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 09:20 AM   #30
Admitted Planet Junky

Veterans need more time off than younger players. If it keeps him fresher then he could be more productive. I think he should be at TC and participating but if he takes a day here or there and fewer reps there should be no problem, especially if he mentors the younger guys about other ways to penetrate and be disruptive.
I don't have an issue with it as long as Andy doesn't.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.