Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2024, 03:25 PM  
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Jury Rules NFL Violated Antitrust Laws in Sunday Ticket' Case and Awards $4.7B

Jury Rules NFL Violated Antitrust Laws in 'Sunday Ticket' Case and Awards $4.7 Billion in Damages.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A jury in U.S. District Court ruled Thursday the NFL violated antitrust laws in distributing out-of-market Sunday afternoon games on a premium subscription services and has awarded nearly $4.7 billion in damages.

The jury ordered the league to pay $4 billion in damages to the residential class and $96 million in damages to the commercial class.
The NFL is expected to appeal to the 9th Circuit and then possibly the Supreme Court.

“This case transcends football. This case matters,” plaintiffs attorney Bill Carmody said during Wednesday's closing arguments. “It’s about justice. It’s about telling the 32 team owners who collectively own all the big TV rights, the most popular content in the history of TV — that’s what they have. It’s about telling them that even you cannot ignore the antitrust laws. Even you cannot collude to overcharge consumers. Even you can’t hide the truth and think you’re going to get away with it.”

The league maintained it has the right to sell “Sunday Ticket” under its antitrust exemption for broadcasting. The plaintiffs say that only covers over-the-air broadcasts and not pay TV.

DirecTV had “Sunday Ticket” from its inception in 1994 through 2022. The league signed a seven-year deal with Google’s YouTube TV that began with the 2023 season.
https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...ion-in-damages

Last edited by Bwana; 06-27-2024 at 03:39 PM..
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 05:54 PM   #16
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

No one will see that money
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:24 PM   #17
Supporter

The Gov..
Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:25 PM   #18
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smed1065 View Post
The Gov..
Screw the average person over is fine because Gov) gets the fines.
Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:37 PM   #19
Supporter

Sunday Ticket was the only reason we had Direct Tv for 16 years up in Chicagoland to get the Chiefs games.

They owe me a couple mil
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:39 PM   #20
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regime View Post
Yeah I have to have it now living in DC. We will get east coast crap over chiefs unless they are playing a good team.
I noticed that a lot last season, the first year in forever that I went without Sunday Ticket, mainly because previously I was paying several hundred dollars to be able to watch Chiefs games when they carried in Chicago pretty much every weekend. But as my luck would have it, last season was different, and I missed four or five games. I may go ahead and bite the ST bullet again this year.

I think a part of it is league-wide Chiefs fatigue, or just flat out hatred. There were a couple of times when the game shown instead of KC v. whoever wasn't any more competitive or compelling.

As always, it is infuriating that anybody has to pay to watch something that 50% ****ing commercials. Greedy, soulless bastards.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:43 PM   #21
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Sunday Ticket was the only reason we had Direct Tv for 16 years up in Chicagoland to get the Chiefs games.

They owe me a couple mil
Agreed. 22 years in MPLS with DTV to see the Chiefs. Watched a lot of bad Palko with that money. Someone owes me.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:48 PM   #22
In Search of a Life

This is BS... You got your free over the air games every week based on which game your local network wanted to cover. Before Sunday ticket, you were screwed. It's a premium product, but a dumbed down jury, again, doesn't get it. We are a victim driven culture. The plaintiff's attorneys will get about 40-50% of the judgement, very little will go to the people.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:56 PM   #23
MVP

I had Sunday Ticket from about 98 to 08. I'm waiting for my class action check for $1.59.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 07:14 PM   #24
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Agreed. 22 years in MPLS with DTV to see the Chiefs. Watched a lot of bad Palko with that money. Someone owes me.
Drove all the way to Green Bay to watch Haley leave Palko in the entire game as a **** you to Pioli.

Todd Haley, Squirmin Herm, Larry Johnson, Matt Cassel, oh the memories
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:16 PM   #25
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I had Sunday Ticket from about 98 to 08. I'm waiting for my class action check for $1.59.
98 is when we got it as well, paid $499 for the DTV dish and receiver at Montgomery Ward. Guess we stayed with them until 2016.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:20 PM   #26
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Nah, $1.59 off your next subscription to Sunday Ticket, but you have to sign up for 5 years.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:20 PM   #27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
We win unless the cost of a 1 team package is similar to or more than the latest Sunday Ticket cost.
I have a feeling it will be substantially cheaper because this info is a big reason why there was an antitrust lawsuit in the first place.

ESPN proposed radically cutting the price of Sunday Ticket, to just $70 for the entire 2023 season, according to Courthouse News Service. The ESPN proposal, ultimately rejected by the league, also included single-team packages. (YouTube TV is currently offering Sunday Ticket at $349 for the 2024 season.) The NFL wasn’t interested in the ESPN proposal, according to an email from Rolapp that was shown in court.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:24 PM   #28
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
I have a feeling it will be substantially cheaper because this info is a big reason why there was an antitrust lawsuit in the first place.

ESPN proposed radically cutting the price of Sunday Ticket, to just $70 for the entire 2023 season, according to Courthouse News Service. The ESPN proposal, ultimately rejected by the league, also included single-team packages. (YouTube TV is currently offering Sunday Ticket at $349 for the 2024 season.) The NFL wasn’t interested in the ESPN proposal, according to an email from Rolapp that was shown in court.
Yes, because the ESPN package was most likely a far lessor bid.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:26 PM   #29
El Gato Gordo Loco

What they gonna do about the playoff games on Peacock
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:14 AM   #30
Baba Ganoush

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.