Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2024, 12:38 PM  
Mahomes > God

Most overrated players in the NFL

So I came across this tweet and while I know PFF is garbage...it got me thinking about this topic and about George Kittle. What in the **** do people see that makes them hold him in such high regard???

He's played 7 season...broke 1k 3 times with 2 of those seasons barely being over 1,000...one season over 10 TDs, 4 of those seasons with 5 or less TDs and 2 were 6 TD seasons.

Not to mention he's been a complete non factor in both Super Bowls he's been in.

He's not even in the same galaxy as Kelce...I really wish someone would tell me what I'm missing here. He has a bombastic personality and is a goofball and talks a lot? Wow ok.

Who would you all say is massively overrated in the league by fans, media, etc.?
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:39 AM   #106
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
Fred Warner
Nice call. There is an argument to be made there.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 03:29 AM   #107
MVP

Dak Prescott takes the cake here.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-20-2024, 06:33 AM   #108
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Maybe Mike Pennel is just underrated?
I think he’s probably just about the most underrated player on this roster.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 08:19 AM   #109
Dazed and Confused

Of the 7 players in the OP, Williams (age) and Kittle (media darling) have to be.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:17 AM   #110
In Search of a Life

What had a bigger impact on the SB, Kelce's receiving or Kittle's blocking?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:30 AM   #111
Andy Reid Supporter

I think Jalen Hurts deserves to be mentioned here. How the hell does he not have a 4K yard season or 30 TD’s throwing to Devonta, Goedert and AJ Brown? Also had an elite OL.

Has any QB been in a better position talent wise the last 2 years? I’d honestly say Purdy might be the only one. And with Saquon now in Philly you’d think Jalen has the best supporting cast now.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:40 AM   #112
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think Jalen Hurts deserves to be mentioned here. How the hell does he not have a 4K yard season or 30 TD’s throwing to Devonta, Goedert and AJ Brown? Also had an elite OL.

Has any QB been in a better position talent wise the last 2 years? I’d honestly say Purdy might be the only one. And with Saquon now in Philly you’d think Jalen has the best supporting cast now.
He's such a weird one for me...like there's games where he commands the field, looks totally in rhythm running and throwing and you can see it but then there's games where he just looks like he couldn't give a **** less and you're wondering what they see in him.

Last edited by Jerm; 06-20-2024 at 10:30 AM..
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-20-2024, 10:05 AM   #113
__

I think the most overrated player is Austin Ekeler.

He's a really good player, but he was ranked #21 on the Top 100 last year. He's not an elite player, and may not even be a top 100 player.

I also need another season before I arrive at this conclusion, but Jalen Hurts might be the most overrated player.

After the Super Bowl he lost to Mahomes, I legit thought he was the #2 QB in the NFL. As AJ Brown increasingly sidelined himself, Hurts started showing all kinds of holes in his game.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 10:06 AM   #114
In Search of a Life

Austin Ekeler fell off a cliff last year. Of course he's nowhere near as good as his ranking before the season, which was already a little high.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 10:28 AM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Great choice, and I completely agree he has without question the best supporting cast in football along with Purdy. I couldn't even imagine what Mahomes would do with that kind of skill around him. He had it in 2018 when he didn't even know what he was doing yet and went for 5k and 50 tuddys, couldn't even imagine what he would do with that kind of cast now.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-20-2024, 10:50 AM   #116
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

I’d also add Joe Mixon to the discussion.

Career 4.1 yards per carry.

1 season at 4.9 yards per carry. The rest were no higher than 4.1. 3 seasons under 4 yards per carry.

That’s with all those WRs taking attention from him.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 05:38 PM   #117
Consuming CP souls

Josh Allen
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:09 PM   #118
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
I wonder what their numbers would look like if Kittle was drafted by the Chiefs instead of the Niners and if Kelce was drafted by the Niners?

(Barkeep.....another beer please)
Great question and in line with what I was thinking...no TE or WR is better than the QB throwing to them. Nick Mullens used Kittle as a crutch (their next best receiver was Pettis in 2018) and not surprisingly, Kittle put up big numbers. Garoppolo didn't target Kittle much and as time went on Shanahan put the clamps on Garoppolo. Purdy spreads the ball around much more, but he has too many weapons, so Kittle doesn't get near the targets that Kelce gets...and of course there is no better thrower than Mahomes
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:17 PM   #119
Veteran

Brock Purdy. Fred Warner. Purdy looked shaky in the playoffs, despite the wins. Warner seems to be dragged downfield 4-5 yards every play.

Kittle not over-rated. He and Kelce are the top of the league in terms of skills and talents. Put Kittle on a more prolific passing team with less weapons and he would light up the league. When he's been the focus of the 49ers offense, he put up big stats.
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:22 PM   #120
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I’d also add Joe Mixon to the discussion.

Career 4.1 yards per carry.

1 season at 4.9 yards per carry. The rest were no higher than 4.1. 3 seasons under 4 yards per carry.

That’s with all those WRs taking attention from him.

Meh, I don't see it. I mean, did anyone ever think that Mixon was going to be one of the best RBs in the game? I'm a diehard OU fan I never felt that way about him. I always thought he could be a good starting RB, and he's been that. Not great or elite, but solid.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.