Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2024, 10:20 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Best Memory at Kauffman

We love our Chiefs, and I think many here love the Royals.

Please tell your story…. What are your favorite Royals wins? What stories can you share about your time at TSC?

I have so many memories….

I was maybe 9 years old, and it was field day getting photos on the field…. My jackass older brother didn’t give me and my friend a ticket…. So we were lost on the concourse…. Willie ripped a triple in his first AB…. Little 9 year old me went to “fan accommodations”

My dad found me and my buddy Matt, and we went to our seats, and my dad scolded my older brother…

I was at the game when Bo got his first homer. I still have the scorecard.

I saw George’s last game at Kauffman, kissing the plate…

Was at the Astros game when we came back in game two with my best friends.

My mom took me to a game on my 21st birthday against the Mariners and Randy Johnson…. Went to Lawrence for drinks, went back to the airport area, slept for a couple hours, and went to Hawaii for a second 21st birthday with mom.

And this year, me and my buddy Keith saw the Royals win in the 9th…

I have so many more memories, but let’s talk!
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-16-2024, 08:40 PM   #46
Woman should only make babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
Being in right field GA when Ken Griffey JY launched that homerun during the OJ chase.
I think the kingdom bad collapsed and they spent time in KC instead Edgar Martinez probably went deep as well
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 08:49 PM   #47
Veteran

2014 wild card game is the best sporting event I’ve ever attended. Bought tickets last minute with three friends. I was ready to leave when they were down 7-3. What a game. I was hugging everyone around us when Salvy hit that one down the third base line.

Second favorite memory has to be game 6 of the 2015 alcs against the blue jays- Hosmer’s hit to right that Cain scored from first scored on- that was insane. Great memories.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 09:07 PM   #48
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I took my dad to game seven of the 1985 World Series to pay him back for all the baseball games he took me to as a kid. It was SRO, and we stood in the lower level (top of the lower level) right behind home plate. KC's mayor at the time Richard Berkley stood right next to us the whole game, and I bought him a beer. My dad was hopping around like a little kid when they won. Happiest I've ever seen him.
I was floating around the Persian Gulf when they won that series. My mother rushed out and sent me a telegram to the ship. I got.called up to the radio room to get my message. Before I got there the Captain announced it over the ships intercomm. As I was walking back to my berthing area I passed the Captain in the passageway. He told me to thank my mom for keeping us.all informed!
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 09:23 PM   #49
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Went all the time as a kid starting on my first birthday in 1978 (I obviously don't remember). I remember going ever year for fireworks and my birthday. One year I saw a triple play vs the Red Sox on that July game. I remember that there was a guy in Right Field GA who looked like Santa. I moved away from the area when I was 11.

Have been back only once as an adult and that was in 2015. My girlfriend and I drove out from PA. Saw a double header vs the Rays. Paulo Orlando hit a walk off grand slam in the first game. The stadium was pretty empty but the place was still buzzing. Won the night cap as well with a much bigger and more electric crowd. The lady next to me was coughing all night and got me sicker than I've ever been in my life.

Most importantly though, it was my girlfriends' introduction to the midwest. The night before (and the reason there was a double header) there were 3 tornadoes around the KC area. She was so freaked out that no one in the hotel was running and hiding. After the walk off they gave us "Rally Hats" at the gift shop. She was so tickled by it, she still wears that hat.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old 06-16-2024, 10:15 PM   #50
MVP

I can remember running the bases as a kid. Being out on the field seemed like the greatest thing ever at that age and a couple of the players gave us a high five coming off the field.

Went to some meaningless game with bunch of friends while we were in high school. Ended up getting to motor boat some really hot drunk college chick while she was going down the row. She was wearing a deep slit baby blue T that she had obviously cut just to show off her tits. Smelled like Budweiser and puke.

All those shit seasons. It sounds weird, but going to all those years of pointless games made the ALCS one of the best experiences of my life. I had no idea the K could even feel like that.

Even before they won it all, watching HDH in person was just awesome. Knowing the game was over after the 6th inning was special.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 07:59 AM   #51
Wasted away again...

My best memory was being at game 4 of the 2014 ALCS. My wife and I and each of our brothers. I never made it to any of the playoff or WS games in 1985, so watching them punch their ticket to the World Series with family was incredible.

My wife and I were also at game 5 of the ALDS in 2015 and saw them finish off the Astros.

And then I have many memories of sitting in RF GA for a buck fifty. There was a regular crew that sat down in the first two rows, including the aforementioned Santa Claus. Even better was getting up at the ass crack of dawn to get in line for opening day tickets.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:08 AM   #52
Supporter

Growing up my best friend’s dad was college teammate/roommate with Gary Gaetti, so a few times a year we went to games. Each time we got to go into the clubhouse, hang with players and listen to stories.

We got tours of the stadium, got to watch games from pretty much anywhere, play on the field before games.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:20 AM   #53
Three-Pat

It's weird, but probably because we grew up poor that I don't recall going to Kauffman very often. My memories of the stadium were ~93-94 season when I would work as a food vendor selling ice cream in the nosebleed seats. Never made much because there weren't many people that sat up there.

Not stadium related, but I also remember going trick or treating at Ewing Kauffman's house and usually getting something like a baseball from him.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-17-2024, 10:55 AM   #54
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
I was in the right field bleachers when that horrible injury happened.
It was July 23, 2 days before the All-Star Game. https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...97207230.shtml
That ASG was in Atlanta that year and Cookie Rojas hit a 2R HR to give the AL the lead in the 8th. But they couldn’t hold on.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 06-17-2024, 11:34 AM   #55
Mahomes Dynasty

Salvys 3rd base shot down the line vs A's in 2014 to win that sudden death playoff rd.

I've never been so happy re Royals baseball in my life, the way they came back etc.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-17-2024, 12:19 PM   #56
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Salvys 3rd base shot down the line vs A's in 2014 to win that sudden death playoff rd.

I've never been so happy re Royals baseball in my life, the way they came back etc.
Watching at home, I was wearing a fit bit. I paced 5.5 miles during that game.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 12:44 PM   #57
Just Lurking

I haven't attended a lot of games, but 2 stand out to me, both regular season.

1. I remember have seats 6 rows back of home plate. We were playing the White Sox. Frank Thomas smoked one over the right field wall. I am not sure if it made the parking lot, but it sure seemed like it. I was in awe how big of a human being he was.

2. I loved the experience of baseball in the afternoon and football at Night when the Chiefs played the Chargers on Monday Night Football. That was such a fun day to watch both teams play at home on the same day.
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-17-2024, 01:07 PM   #58
Champion Golfer Of The Year

1975. Mid August maybe. Saw a 3 game set against the 3 time defending WS champion, Oakland A’s. Charlie Finley was miserly old bastard, but he hired good baseball people because those squads were probably the best teams I ever saw. They had so damn many great players.

Reggie, Sal Bando, Gene Tenace, Billy North, Joe Rudi, Claudell Washington. They had Catfish Hunter and Paul Lindblad and Ken Holtzman, Vida Blue, John Blue Moon Odom, Rollie Fingers.

What a ****ing team that was. Finley signed an Olympic Sprinter named Herb Washington just to steal a base in a clutch situation. Herb got picked off in a huge situation that started all kinds of controversy.

Anyway, this game was one of those games where the Royals really WANTED to win to show the A’s they meant business. But the A’s were just so good they didn’t care. Reggie Jackson hit a majestic, towering HR to RF. I mean it stayed in the air for what seemed like a minute… and then bounced off the roof of the old RF concession stand into the parking lot. Guy was amazing. Royals were down early against vida Blue, but chipped away and eventually tied it on an Amos Otis HR off the best reliever in the game (Rolaids Relief Man of the Year). No small feat.

A great deal of the dislike for the A’s stemmed from the fact they Charlie O Finley took them to Oakland just as these great players were hitting the big league club. In that time of my life, those WS titles the A’s won really belonged to US. But that’s not how it works.

The Royals had made a huge move. Around mid season they replaced McKeon with Whitey Herzog and immediately took off. Won 91 games. Just not enough talent to overcome the A’s at that time.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 06-17-2024, 01:40 PM   #59
MVP

I was on the upper level of Rivals with a bunch of friends for this game. Beers were flowing and Greinke's performance was unreal. Had a great night.

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-17-2024, 01:47 PM   #60
Fight, build, win!

Dogging out of work and heading with my buddies to GA for dollar dogs and 2 dollar draws. Yeah, the beer wasn't large but two dollars.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.