Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2024, 08:01 AM  
Starter

Detroit: our biggest challenge?

Pro football focus has ranked Detroit as having the most players under 25 in the top 25 with 5. Sewell, Hutchinson, St Brown, Laporta, and Gibbs. Thank goodness they didn’t throw in a bit of extra draft capital When they traded up for Williams and then they might’ve picked Wilson.

They should have been our opponents in last year’s Super Bowl and this year. I think they will be. They won’t have Reynolds whose 2 drops cost them the game against San Francisco. and Williams might even come into his own this year. if not free agent Donovan peoples- Jones will probably be an improvement over Reynolds.

They had a great draft this year and should have improved their weakness at DB with their top two pics. The Canadian University of British Columbia tackle they got at round four may also end up surprising long-term. Davenport from the Vikings and Reader from the Bengals should improve their DL.

They also seem to have locked in most of their top players so they will be a threat, not only this year, but for several years to come.m
gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:29 AM   #16

I like what the Packers are doing, some question marks but if Love keeps improving and their WRs stay healthy they're going to have a tough offense. That WR group is a good mix of weapons. But the same is true of the Niners really, they always have injury problems. The years they make the Super Bowl they avoid it just enough to make it through.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:32 AM   #17
In Search of a Life

The DC wasn't very good last year

And Jared Goff is always gonna have games where he turns into a complete pumpkin
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:17 AM   #18
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Their coach seems like a dumber version of Brandon Staley.... and we all know how Roster Champions vs Mahomes have done in years past, especially if the HC is a dumbass.

For any NFC team, I'd take the field over the team to make it to the SB.

For the AFC, I'd take the Chiefs over the field.
I definitely agree. Campbell made some very dumb calls and he needs to stop losing them games. But I think he’s a far better coach than Staley. He did take Detroit from a doormat team to a contender, allbeit of course with good roster building by the GM.

I definitely agree with many comments that there are other potential Super Bowl teams in the NFC and Detroit is by no means a shoe in. But assuming Campbell doesn’t blow it again I think it will be Detroit’s turn this year because I think they will have improved more than Green Bay or San Francisco. It’s interesting that no one put Philadelphia into the mix of teams we might face. I think they need to be added to the list as again they have had a great draft and improved, presumably they will have fixed the coordinator problems they had last year and also whatever it was that caused their meltdown.

It looks like most see San Francisco returning to the Super Bowl and that is certainly possible and they will probably have an easier time in their division than Detroit so will probably get home field if the two teams play in the championship game for the NFC. But I think Detroit will win it this year

The comment that we have to get through our own AFC first is absolutely right and I’ll probably post something in the next couple days about who I think our challengers are there.

This is premature, but I’m hoping to put something up on the board to get some football talk in this doldrums part of the year.
gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:38 AM   #19
El Gato Gordo Loco

I expect Keon Coleman to be really good. I think the Bills drop off a tad but not near as much as people think.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:51 AM   #20
Court Jester

I think the Lions missed their window last year with the Packers struggling early and the Vikings losing their QB. I see the Packers as more of a threat now than Detroit. It’s too bad the Lions coach is such an idiot that he threw away their first opportunity to make a Super Bowl in 30 years because he decided to coach the game like he was playing Madden.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:52 AM   #21
MVP

The Lions are absolutely going to be a problem. They have the most "25 under 25" players in the league.

Their coach is an idiot! Okay well he beat us last season and made the NFC championship?

Their QB is a pussy! Okay well he has beaten Mahomes twice now in huge nationally televised games.

I think the Lions are like the Texans. I'm more worried about them than say, the Dolphins or Jags.

I mean, they should be more worried about the Chiefs than they other way around but they still are a great team and on the rise.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:53 AM   #22
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

[QUOTE=Spott;17527033It’s too bad the Lions coach is such an idiot that he threw away their first opportunity to win a Super Bowl because he decided to coach the game like he was playing Madden.[/QUOTE]
Um, we played in the
SB
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:53 AM   #23
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
9ers barely scrapped by both GB and Det in the playoffs. Literally fluke plays had to go SFs way for them to beat Det in the NFC championship game.
And a fluke play could have been the reason they lost the SB. SF has been the most consistent team in the NFC since Shanahan got there. KC is the only reason that franchise doesn't have 7 Lombardi trophies.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-21-2024, 11:58 AM   #24
Politically Incorrect

They have a lot going right but Lions usually do Lions things......
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:58 AM   #25
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
The Lions are absolutely going to be a problem. They have the most "25 under 25" players in the league.

Their coach is an idiot! Okay well he beat us last season and made the NFC championship?

Their QB is a pussy! Okay well he has beaten Mahomes twice now in huge nationally televised games.

I think the Lions are like the Texans. I'm more worried about them than say, the Dolphins or Jags.

I mean, they should be more worried about the Chiefs than they other way around but they still are a great team and on the rise.
The Lions are a very good team with an excellent roster and will be a tough game for everyone this year (barring injuries). People talk about Campbell's decisions in that NFCCG, but if Reynolds catches a pass when it matters or if Gibbs doesn't fumble on the Detroit side of the field they are in the SB.

In hindsight it's easy to say what he should have done, but had the players executed then it would be all a moot point. It's not like they were going for it on 4th and 20.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-21-2024, 12:13 PM   #26
MVP

Remember when everyone said Reid was a coach who made too many idiotic decisions to win a SB

People love their hot takes as if coaches are not capable of getting better
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:37 PM   #27
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Maybe a year or two from now. This season it's till SF. Sf was simply the better/more talented team and better coached in the NFCCG last year, and they're probably still going to be this year.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 12:47 PM   #28
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post

You can win a lot of regular season games in the NFL despite your coach and quarterback and can even make it to the NFCCG when you don't play a team that won more than 10 games in a 17 game schedule.

Just like the Ravens and every other team, they could absolutely prove they're a problem when the opportunity presents itself, but they haven't really so far.

And the coach being an idiot or QB being a pussy doesn't make it a cakewalk... it could come down to knowing the overtime rules or not overthrowing your receiver by 5 yards on a crucial play.... Mahomes is inevitable, those guys aren't.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2024, 12:48 PM   #29
Starter

What worries me most about the season is the schedule...not the opponents but the way the games are set up. Chiefs play on every day of the week except Tuesday. Lots of short weeks.
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old 05-21-2024, 12:51 PM   #30
SuperChiefs

If the Chiefs make it through the murderer's row of afc opponents, no nfc team will stand a chance.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.