Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: To which generation do you belong? (results anonymous)
Silent Generation (1928-45) 1 0.50%
Baby Boomers (1946-64) 51 25.37%
Generation X (1965-80) 88 43.78%
Millennials/Generation Y (1981-96) 59 29.35%
Zoomers/Generation Z (1997-2012) 2 1.00%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2024, 08:47 PM  
Repeal the 19th Amendment

Poll to sample CP members by generation

Please respond accordingly:
  • Silent Generation
    1928-45
  • Baby Boomers
    1946-64
  • Generation X
    1965-80
  • Millennials/Generation Y
    1981-96
  • Zoomers/Generation Z
    1997-2012

GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:39 PM   #46
Just Lurking

Born in '67. My first experience with a computer was college, and we used a floppy disk to save everything.
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #47
Veteran

Surprised how many old timers there are on here actually
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-16-2024, 01:57 PM   #48
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJake View Post
Surprised how many old timers there are on here actually
Really? Im surprised how many Millenials there are.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 02:13 PM   #49
MVP

I guess I am a boomer. But like Rainman I am on the very end, 1963, and don't identify with boomers at all.
Oh well.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 02:14 PM   #50
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Really? Im surprised how many Millenials there are.
Eh - chatboards are about our age range.

The old folk use the Facebooks, younger folks use Tik Tok.

Chatboards are a dying breed kept afloat by folks about 30-45 yrs old...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 02:29 PM   #51
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Gen X. I was born in '65, but because I hadn't yet turned two when the first Super Bowl was played in '67, I am always the same age as the Super Bowl number. Makes it easy to remember how old I am.

I am old enough to remember:

Party line phones with five digit numbers if calls were local, and Macon and Kirksville having the same area code as Kansas City.

A country doctor who actually made house calls.

The only TV being black and white because color was too expensive, that got a CBS channel, an NBC channel, and if the weather was right, an ABC channel.

As a preschool-aged kid, crawling from the backseat to the frontseat of my mom's '67 Impala while she drove 80 MPH on a winding country road while chainsmoking.

My mom thinking gas was expensive when it hit 50 cents a gallon.

The mortgage on a brand new house with three bedrooms, two baths, and a two car garage being less than my current utility bills.

Riding in the backs of pickups thinking nothing of it. Also, sitting behind the driver with my ass on the trunk of a two seat convertible MG thinking nothing of it.

Handheld communication devices being either walkie-talkies or something out of Star Trek.

Manual typewriters.

I could go on, but it's too depressing. And there is also still a part of me that thinks the year 2000 should be in the future, not nearly a quarter-century in the past.

Get off my lawn.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 02:35 PM   #52
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Now kids got their TikTaks and SnapTalks and whatnot! They don't know what they're missin!
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:11 PM   #53
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Gen X. I was born in '65, but because I hadn't yet turned two when the first Super Bowl was played in '67, I am always the same age as the Super Bowl number. Makes it easy to remember how old I am.

Party line phones with five digit numbers if calls were local, and Macon and Kirksville having the same area code as Kansas City.

The only TV being black and white because color was too expensive, that got a CBS channel, an NBC channel, and if the weather was right, an ABC channel.

As a preschool-aged kid, crawling from the backseat to the frontseat of my mom's '67 Impala while she drove 80 MPH on a winding country road while chainsmoking.

The mortgage on a brand new house with three bedrooms, two baths, and a two car garage being less than my current utility bills.

Riding in the backs of pickups thinking nothing of it. Also, sitting behind the driver with my ass on the trunk of a two seat convertible MG thinking nothing of it.

Handheld communication devices being either walkie-talkies or something out of Star Trek.

Manual typewriters.

I could go on, but it's too depressing. And there is also still a part of me that thinks the year 2000 should be in the future, not nearly a quarter-century in the past.

Get off my lawn.

Lol, yeah, our first TV was a 19-inch (might've be a 15-incher) black-and-white Zenith. I remember we had to move the thing from room to room until we found one where the reception was good enough to get all 4 channels.

The next TV was one of those cabinet-style ones (forgot the name of those things, someone help me out here), color, but still needed the antennas with the foil flags, lol.

Our van came with a CB radio.

And who can forget the kitchen phone with the 30-foot cord that would get hopelessly twisted up around itself until someone finally went to the trouble of unwinding it by allowing the cord to untwist with the handset spinning at 1,000 rpm for 5 minutes?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:16 PM   #54
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Good.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:20 PM   #55
Starter

boomer
cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:22 PM   #56
On Hiatus

Quote:

Manual typewriters.

Get off my lawn.
Sorry Fraz....you sound more like a Boomer than Gen X.

Oh and I remember when my dad moaned when gas went from 25 cents to 35 cents.

My first car...which was used cost me $425. It cost me $10 to register and $50 to insure for 6 months.

My first new car cost me $3000 and I thought I would go broke paying for it.

My first apartment rented was for $125 per month and all utilities paid...except for phone.

My first house payment $200...

Like you I could go on..
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:35 PM   #57
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Sorry Fraz....you sound more like a Boomer than Gen X.

Oh and I remember when my dad moaned when gas went from 25 cents to 35 cents.

My first car...which was used cost me $425. It cost me $10 to register and $50 to insure for 6 months.

My first new car cost me $3000 and I thought I would go broke paying for it.

My first apartment rented was for $125 per month and all utilities paid...except for phone.

My first house payment $200...

Like you I could go on..
Well, I only missed the cutoff by six months. I have friends from my high school class who are technically boomers because they were born in late '64. One of them takes great pride in that.

I think I paid $2000 for my first used car, a '77 Monza, and rent for my first apartment was $160 a month, including utilities. My first new car, a '86 Mercury Lynx, cost $6500 - had to look that one up.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:43 PM   #58
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Lol, yeah, our first TV was a 19-inch (might've be a 15-incher) black-and-white Zenith. I remember we had to move the thing from room to room until we found one where the reception was good enough to get all 4 channels.

The next TV was one of those cabinet-style ones (forgot the name of those things, someone help me out here), color, but still needed the antennas with the foil flags, lol.

Our van came with a CB radio.

And who can forget the kitchen phone with the 30-foot cord that would get hopelessly twisted up around itself until someone finally went to the trouble of unwinding it by allowing the cord to untwist with the handset spinning at 1,000 rpm for 5 minutes?
Our first color TV was a combo stereo record player/19" TV in a gigantic wood cabinet that was damn near as long as my car and nearly as heavy. By the time that came along we lived in town and had cable, so a few more channels and no more antenna madness.

And we had one of those phones with the ridiculously long twisty cord. And of course it was a rotary phone. God those sucked.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 03:45 PM   #59
SuperChiefs

I'm a part of the forgotten generation, and I like it that way.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:49 PM   #60
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Our first color TV was a combo stereo record player/19" TV in a gigantic wood cabinet that was damn near as long as my car and nearly as heavy. By the time that came along we lived in town and had cable, so a few more channels and no more antenna madness.

And we had one of those phones with the ridiculously long twisty cord. And of course it was a rotary phone. God those sucked.

Your first post reminded me just now of the gigantic-ass antenna complex my dad and I had to mount on the roof of the house.

And rotary phones. Hell, just having to remember all the phone numbers of everyone you knew. Memorizing every phone number in 10 seconds or less.

Although, rotary phones were basically indestructible. I remember you could throw one across the room and it would still work.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.