Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2024, 08:53 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Sneed traded to Titans

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:47 AM   #526
Veteran

So, the downside is that the Chiefs no longer win games 17-10 and instead win them 38-28?

Sign me up!
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:48 AM   #527
SuperChiefs

A third seems low to me, but I trust Vartch to make sure this team is locked and loaded for the threepeat.

Thanks to Sneed for helping us win another title, and good luck in the future (except against the Chiefs).
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:49 AM   #528
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yup.

If this was the best he could do, he could've done it 3 weeks ago.

This is an L. And a fairly bad one at that.

He overplayed his hand and then blinked.
I couldn't disagree more. Veech had no leverage unless he was willing to play Sneed on the tag and that only works if they rework a bunch of other guys to get more cap room to address other needs.

It would have set off a domino effect.

Sneeds contract demands also clearly played a roll in all of this.

I mean yea it sucks we didn't get more but the writing on the wall has been that is going to be a 3rd rounder for a long while now. It sucks but really there weren't many other options unless you want to scrap other plans to play the guy on the tag which they clearly didn't want to do.

So we drafted him in the 4th, got 4 great years out of him and traded him for a 3rd and $20MM in cap space.

And Ten is going to be dogshit next year so that 3rd may be fairly high.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:51 AM   #529
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
A third seems low to me, but I trust Vartch to make sure this team is locked and loaded for the threepeat.
A third would be not so bad if it was in THIS year’s draft.

To get basically zero draft compensation in return to use in next month’s draft is the issue.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:51 AM   #530
Diablo Negro

Also no way to know how good or bad this worked out until we see what they do with the cap $$.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:52 AM   #531
Starter

CB are NOT as valued as they once were....IMO, and obviously Veach feels the same way. The day of OVERPAYING for a "shut down" corner are DONE if you are a smart team, the rules have changed and the NEW game is putting pressure on the qb and sacking the qb. The Chiefs choose to pay Chris Jones and NOT overpay for sneed. I liked Sneed, but in today's NFL/rules, shut down corner is really not a thing.
Big TT is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:54 AM   #532
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Veech had no leverage unless he was willing to play Sneed on the tag and that only works if they rework a bunch of other guys to get more cap room to address other needs.

It would have set off a domino effect.

Sneeds contract demands also clearly played a roll in all of this.

I mean yea it sucks we didn't get more but the writing on the wall has been that is going to be a 3rd rounder for a long while now. It sucks but really there weren't many other options unless you want to scrap other plans to play the guy on the tag which they clearly didn't want to do.

So we drafted him in the 4th, got 4 great years out of him and traded him for a 3rd and $20MM in cap space.

And Ten is going to be dogshit next year so that 3rd may be fairly high.
I was actually thinking this about the Titans. Probably they'll be better, certainly with Sneed, so it's a bummer it's not this year when we could've used it in a really good WR/OT class...but I still think they'll be terrible and that pick will be at a decent point in the round in 2025.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:56 AM   #533
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
A third would be not so bad if it was in THIS year’s draft.

To get basically zero draft compensation in return to use in next month’s draft is the issue.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:59 AM   #534
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TT View Post
CB are NOT as valued as they once were....IMO, and obviously Veach feels the same way. The day of OVERPAYING for a "shut down" corner are DONE if you are a smart team, the rules have changed and the NEW game is putting pressure on the qb and sacking the qb. The Chiefs choose to pay Chris Jones and NOT overpay for sneed. I liked Sneed, but in today's NFL/rules, shut down corner is really not a thing.
Not a thing? Did you watch this season?

I don’t know how you’re defining “shut down corner,” but Sneed was every bit the definition of it.

We don’t need to create these fantasy narratives to justify the trade. It’s not a good one at all, but that doesn’t mean they can’t retool in other areas and be every bit as effective. I would’ve preferred keeping him on the tag and dipping in via other restructures, but that has its own set of dominos and we don’t know what’s gone on behind closed doors with Sneed and his medicals.

It is what it is. Time to move on.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:59 AM   #535
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Again Meck - taken in concert with the Davis trade, if this was 'the best offer' then it's only because Veach overplayed his hand.

In no world is Carlton Davis more valuable than Sneed.

So even presuming I agree with everything else you said, Veach absolutely did not maximize his return here. If he had, there's no way he gets less for Sneed than Detroit gave up for Davis.

It was bad work by Brett. It happens but it's absolutely the case.
Carlton Davis did not require a new contract out the gate, its not apples to apples FFS.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:05 AM   #536
Veteran

It sucks to lose a great player like Sneed. And a 3rd round pick just doesn't sound like enough. To me it came down to what it always does, money. We couldn't afford him. Other teams know this. I don't think the Chiefs had a ton of leverage
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:07 AM   #537
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Not a thing? Did you watch this season?

I don’t know how you’re defining “shut down corner,” but Sneed was every bit the definition of it.

We don’t need to create these fantasy narratives to justify the trade. It’s not a good one at all, but that doesn’t mean they can’t retool in other areas and be every bit as effective. I would’ve preferred keeping him on the tag and dipping in via other restructures, but that has its own set of dominos and we don’t know what’s gone on behind closed doors with Sneed and his medicals.

It is what it is. Time to move on.
Jalen Ramsey had a career year statistically in 2022. Career highs in tackles, FF’s, INT’s, passes defended and sacks.

He only netted the Rams a 3rd.

The trade was fair market value.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:09 AM   #538
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Yup. This what I said earlier. I think that 2025 2nd to move up in the 1st is absolutely on the table.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:19 AM   #539
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Thank you for everything, L'Jarius. Make us proud. Hope to see you banging the drum in Arrowhead someday down the road.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:19 AM   #540
Supporter

We signed Hollywood Brown this year. If Sneed was just released and signed elsewhere, we probably don't get a comp 3 next year. Even if we did(which is unlikely), it's not a comp 3 this year. Let's start there.

I thought we'd get a 3 this year and maybe some other low pick. I think if Sneed wasn't holding up on the contract talks so long, we may have. Other teams made moves in the meantime though and that moved other teams out of the bidding. Sneed's camp was the hold up here, not Veach.

Now, I can understand people also wanting to just keep him for a year on the tag. I'd love to keep him too. He's not completely healthy though and there have been plenty of reports that he wasn't going to play on the tag and I think that's a legit possibility because this is likely his only chance at a good contract. Injury concern is real and is one reason why I was better with keeping Jones over Sneed.

So, comp noone is happy with but at least it's something tangible and allows us to make moves. We have an extra 3 next year and that gives us extra wiggle room to move up this year if we want to. It gives us extra money to work with. Veach wants to solidify LT and this gives us the ability to do that and protect the most important position if we want to 3peat, Mahomes.

I'm not happy with the move but I understand it. I think Veach did the best he could with the situation. I understand why others won't agree with that but that's also why none of us are GMs of a ****ing dynasty like Veach is.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote