Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-29-2024, 07:18 AM  
Life is changing..

Report: Willy Wonka Immersive Event Leaves Kids in Tears: “It Looks Like a Meth Lab”

An “immersive experience” that promised to transport Willy Wonka fans into a “magical realm” has turned out to be such an epic letdown that customers called the police and compared the attraction to a meth lab.

The U.K. event was titled Willy’s Chocolate Experience and charged customers $44 each (photos below). The attraction was not affiliated with the Warner Bros. movie Wonka, though the event’s marketing came as close as possible to suggesting it was based on author Roald Dahl’s creation. The ad copy invited fans to journey to “a universe where confectionary dreams are brought to life” that included “mind-expanding projections, optical marvels and exhibits that transport you into the realm of creativity” and “wondrous creations and enchanting surprises at every turn!”

The event organizers apparently used artificial intelligence to generate promotional images that suggested a very high-quality attraction, which looked just like the immersive and trippy Wonka-esque world that the ad copy promised. But the result was somewhat different, and ticket buyers needed pure imagination to think it looked anything like a fantastical chocolate factory.

As reported by The Guardian, customers showed up in Glasgow to find “a sparsely decorated warehouse with a scattering of plastic props, a small bouncy castle and some backdrops pinned against the walls.” Scotland police were even called to the scene, the event shut down and parents said their children were in tears. All the event lacked was a man in top hat telling customers: “You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!”

Photos from the event went viral online comparing what was promised to what was delivered:
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:50 PM   #61
Who's the masta???

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Wanted to go to the Van Gogh thing but heard the same type thing from people last year and decided to save my $200+.

My wife and I did the Van Gogh one last year. It was okay, but over-priced.
MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:52 PM   #62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
There's now a petition to reopen the Willy Wonka experience. People genuinely want to go and see the shittest event imaginable for themselves. The organisers really should get the ball rolling on this because it's the easiest and quickest buck they'll ever make.
Then they should work to make it worse.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:58 PM   #63
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
Love the WSU logo
That makes one of us!
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:04 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
There's now a petition to reopen the Willy Wonka experience. People genuinely want to go and see the shittest event imaginable for themselves. The organisers really should get the ball rolling on this because it's the easiest and quickest buck they'll ever make.
They could have a ompa-lompa and Veruca Salt look-a-like contest.

Winners get to sit on Wonka's lap and talk about the first thing that comes up.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:29 PM   #65
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
I used to live in Surrey and went to an American school in St John's Wood.
That sounds like something altar boys are supposed to be on the lookout for!
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:47 PM   #66
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
That sounds like something altar boys are supposed to be on the lookout for!
Nice. It's where Abbey Road studios are located.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:09 PM   #67
Politically Incorrect

I think I am going to open up the "Colonoscopy Experience."

A bunch of winding tunnels all connected that goes on for like 1000 ft.

You enter on your hands and knees and crawl through trying to discover unique parasites, identifying what's in that fecal matter, which polyps are cancerous and try to locate the hidden gerbil.

The tunnels will be pink and squishy with chocolate sauce dripping from the ceiling.

I bet I can get $25 a ticket.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 04:17 PM   #68
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
Nice. It's where Abbey Road studios are located.
Believe it or not, I was part of a recording in there when I was 11. A backing singer to some B list actors album but was pretty awesome.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:13 PM   #69
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I guarantee that more of those kids will end up working in meth labs than will end up working in a chocolate factory.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:22 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Believe it or not, I was part of a recording in there when I was 11. A backing singer to some B list actors album but was pretty awesome.
Can you share an anecdote from being a backing singer? Did you meet with anyone famous for example?
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:36 PM   #71
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Can you share an anecdote from being a backing singer? Did you meet with anyone famous for example?
I was 11 and just reached puberty. I had a hard time keeping my manhood in check with all the fitties around me.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:45 PM   #72
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
You guys want to buy tickets to my "George Brett Statue Experience"?

See title-level fights all day long for $35 and a 6-pack of Bud Ice.
Does it include helmet from Billay? Asking for a friend.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:08 PM   #73
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Wanted to go to the Van Gogh thing but heard the same type thing from people last year and decided to save my $200+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp View Post
My wife and I did the Van Gogh one last year. It was okay, but over-priced.
Ok so after it's mentioned twice, I had to go take a look and see what this is....

https://kansascityvangogh.com/

It's $200 and you don't even get to see a real painting????
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:54 PM   #74
In Search of a Life

Where do you see that it's $200? I can't even figure out how to buy tickets.

We went last Christmas and it was amazing. And I'm pretty sure we paid a lot less than $200.

It's a lot more interesting that crowding around a real painting for 5 minutes imo.

Edit: I found the ticket prices. Basic ticket is fine.

suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM   #75
pew pew madafakas

Quote:
No, you lot took in an L.
You're right. Donger posts here.
Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.