Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2023, 11:03 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]

Interesting

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:37 PM   #4681
In Search of a Life

You're probably gonna have to spend on a DT/DE this offseason and those aren't cheap.

So those saying we have all this $, it could dry up pretty quick.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:51 PM   #4682
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Take Jones away and all those single blocking snaps Karlaftis gets go bye bye.

So yeah, there's a chance FAU comes on strong and we have a nice DE duo along with Omenihu and you add some things are fine.

But taking Jones off the DL could lead to some bad things.

I agree. I'm not happy about CJ leaving either. But it's the most probable reality, and it was from the moment CJ held out through preseason.

And his absence will show up immediately, no question. But as we've seen, Spags has a bag of tricks for defending the run, and getting pressure other ways. So while CJ's loss will hurt, this isn't Sutton running things, so I'm not as worried as I would be otherwise.

But bottom line, we aren't winning anything without some actual receiving weapons, no matter how good the defense is. We have to score TDs in the modern NFL.

So, you want a great defense to brag about, or do you want a decent/good defense, with a couple actual WRs so we can actually have a shot to win another SB?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:55 PM   #4683
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I agree. I'm not happy about CJ leaving either. But it's the most probable reality, and it was from the moment CJ held out through preseason.

And his absence will show up immediately, no question. But as we've seen, Spags has a bag of tricks for defending the run, and getting pressure other ways. So while CJ's loss will hurt, this isn't Sutton running things, so I'm not as worried as I would be otherwise.

But bottom line, we aren't winning anything without some actual receiving weapons, no matter how good the defense is. We have to score TDs in the modern NFL.

So, you want a great defense to brag about, or do you want a decent/good defense, with a couple actual WRs so we can actually have a shot to win another SB?
Build the offense, I'm good with it.

But the margin for error for said offense goes to zero. You get the defense to force a couple punts a game? You have to win that game.

It's all about money and where it's spent. It absolutely beats the alternative, but it's why it was so important to get those couple SB wins under their belt while Pat was cheap.

Now that he's not, well, it's just not gonna be very easy.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:56 PM   #4684
In Search of a Life

And they're 8-5 with a chance at the 1 seed this year. I'd say they have a shot to with a SB this year
Old 12-14-2023, 01:59 PM   #4685
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

But the margin for error for said offense goes to zero. You get the defense to force a couple punts a game? You have to win that game.

It's all about money and where it's spent. It absolutely beats the alternative, but it's why it was so important to get those couple SB wins under their belt while Pat was cheap.

The margin for error on offense is currently at zero. Before they could **** around and still come back. This is the first year they can't afford to do that.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:00 PM   #4686
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Rice needs to be an outside WR. Pigeonholing him into a "power slot" whatever that is, is wasting an opportunity.
This year, probably because who else do we have? His size makes him a really ideal power slot though. I don’t think that’s a wasted opportunity at all. Guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Kupp have had very good careers there. In the future I’d like a little more speed on the outside and I feel like Rashees size is a really good fit for the slot.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:01 PM   #4687
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

It's never easy to win it all, as we all know.

But if Veach had signed just one "better than JuJu" WR, and maybe not signed Tranquill, or whoever (don't need to go down that rabbit-hole please), this would probably be the easiest road to the SB in Mahomes' career, seeing as how all the usual AFC front-runners are all stumbling this season. Just one, and KC would be cruising to the AFCCG (er, Arrowhead Invitational), and on to the SB.

There's little chance it'll be this easy next season, but this season one WR would've made the difference between getting the 1-seed and wherever we land now.

And at least we'd be properly armed with actual bullets when we faced the NFC champion.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:15 PM   #4688
MVP

I mean, we've proven we can win a championship with a less than elite defense.

Time will tell if it can be done with a less than elite offense, but early returns aren't great.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:16 PM   #4689
In Search of a Life

Old 12-14-2023, 02:18 PM   #4690
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post

Time will tell if it can be done with a less than elite offense, but early returns aren't great.
I think exercises in building elite defenses in today's NFL are futile.

I'd have gone about building a d different than the Chiefs did but they did it with what they had available at their disposal.

If this offense gets it's shit together we'll be fine.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:19 PM   #4691
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
You think we came into this season with the expectation that a rookie WR was gonna be our #1.

MVS was the clear #1 WR coming into this season and he lost the job… to a rookie.
Your reading comprehension is shit.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 02:25 PM   #4692
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post

With an elite offense we were once the no 2 seed.
We're currently no 3 while being in a slump.

I think we're fine. As long as our high end expectations are just catching the football a SB is still a reasonable goal within our grasp.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:28 PM   #4693
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
But if Veach had signed just one "better than JuJu" WR, and maybe not signed Tranquill, or whoever (don't need to go down that rabbit-hole please), this would probably be the easiest road to the SB in Mahomes' career, seeing as how all the usual AFC front-runners are all stumbling this season. Just one, and KC would be cruising to the AFCCG (er, Arrowhead Invitational), and on to the SB.
I still think it will be. People forget just how huge an advantage having a QB with playoff experience is. Pat has won more playoff games than all the QB's who currently qualify for the playoffs combined. That's a huge disparity.

This defense travels, Mahomes will go into playoff mode, and there's a ton of experience as a team in post season play. That difference will become apparent once the games start.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:33 PM   #4694
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I still think it will be. People forget just how huge an advantage having a QB with playoff experience is. Pat has won more playoff games than all the QB's who currently qualify for the playoffs combined. That's a huge disparity.

This defense travels, Mahomes will go into playoff mode, and there's a ton of experience as a team in post season play. That difference will become apparent once the games start.

Not worried about Pat, in spite of the fact that he's been having a 'down' year for him

The WRs on the other hand . . . i doubt whatever 'experience' they acquired in 2022 is going to help them play any better in these playoffs. If that were the case, they'd be playing better since Day 1 of 2023. Certainly by Week 14, and that just hasn't materialized.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:34 PM   #4695
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
With an elite offense we were once the no 2 seed.
We're currently no 3 while being in a slump.

I think we're fine. As long as our high end expectations are just catching the football a SB is still a reasonable goal within our grasp.
I don't disagree, but I'm also wondering if that has more to do with the rest of the league being somewhat bipolar as well.

It's been a REALLY weird year across the board.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.