Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:15 PM   #706
The man you could post like.

Meh. Cook actually earned some stanning today.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:16 PM   #707
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If they'd have shown anything on the first 3 plays, maybe. But without space to create some lanes, this offense can't operate because the OL is getting steamrolled.

This OL has really been the most frustrating part of the season. I just assumed they'd be better than last year but they really aren't. The OL is completely overmatched.
"WHY DOESNT DRINK EVER GO FOR IT!?!?"

This is why context matters fellas. Don't get those 3 points when you'd been completely stonewalled on the first three plays and that 61 yard boot doesn't win it for you.

But NOBODY will say anything about this decision and how it was proven correct. Meanwhile they'd have barbecued him for 'being a pussy' had they lost.

It was the right choice.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:16 PM   #708
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
You'd think he was talking about Mahomes the way he stans for his QB.
It's odd but man give him some time before booing him
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:17 PM   #709
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
Wtf is the matter with many of you?? I lurked in this thread off and on today because I wasn't about to get in the middle of the insanity. This team put up 30 points and beat the 15th ranked team in the nation, and some of you bitched the entire game like it was a blowout. I don't get it. You've already made up your mind about Coach Drink and Brady Cook so you are just determined to be miserable until they're gone. Nevermind that Cook put up 356 yards passing and 2 rushing TD,s with a 10.2 ypa along with a rushing TD. SMH. A mod should kick you out of the thread so that the rest of us can enjoy talking about the game.

I am happy they won....but I also saw many mental errors and bad plays to make me worry that against a really good team (read LSU, Georgia) MU is going to get their big time butt whipping.

If you look at this game MU should have led 24-14 at the half....the goal line series where K-State got 2 major penalties that pushed them back and negated TD's only to let the score a TD.....the way the offense started the 2nd half.....and the silly Delay of Game penalty at the end that could have jeopardized the FG.

I'm happy they won....but I'm not going to be a Pollyanna about it.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 02:21 PM   #710
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I am happy they won....but I also saw many mental errors and bad plays to make me worry that against a really good team (read LSU, Georgia) MU is going to get their big time butt whipping.

If you look at this game MU should have led 24-14 at the half....the goal line series where K-State got 2 major penalties that pushed them back and negated TD's only to let the score a TD.....the way the offense started the 2nd half.....and the silly Delay of Game penalty at the end that could have jeopardized the FG.

I'm happy they won....but I'm not going to be a Pollyanna about it.
This is the correct take.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #711
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
It's remarkable how wrong Pitt Gorilla is.

That would’ve been the most Mizzou thing ever for K-State
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #712
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:

This is why context matters fellas. Don't get those 3 points when you'd been completely stonewalled on the first three plays and that 61 yard boot doesn't win it for you.

But NOBODY will say anything about this decision and how it was proven correct. Meanwhile they'd have barbecued him for 'being a pussy' had they lost.

It was the right choice.
That same exact decision-making is how they lost to Auburn last year, though.

Sorry, unless there's no alternative to win, I don't trust kickers.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:27 PM   #713
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:

It was the right choice.
Which game are we talking about?

I wasn't on here much early in the game. Did he get criticized for fourth down decisions? He was unnecessarily conservative last week against a team with a massive talent discrepancy and it almost cost them the game.

He was afraid to push the envelope against Georgia and it cost them last year.

They went for it on 4th and 2 and scored a TD. Had they settled for a FG there, they lose. They settled for a long FG on 4th and 7ish in the first half and Mevis missed. If they convert there the outcome of the game is also different.

This strikes me as akin to arguing about going for two after the conversion was unsuccessful.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 02:30 PM   #714
The talking stonehead

Somehow ended up right in front of all the recruits for this one. I definitely booed Brady Cook with everyone else. Don’t feel bad about it in the slightest. I also pointed out that Drink was coaching the last possession like a 3 year old playing Madden and I saw a lot of the recruits laugh and agree. We won that game, but better management would have put us in a better shot to not just pray for a miracle kick. Great game, though. Was a perfect day for football!
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 02:31 PM   #715
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED View Post
Somehow ended up right in front of all the recruits for this one. I definitely booed Brady Cook with everyone else. Don’t feel bad about it in the slightest. I also pointed out that Drink was coaching the last possession like a 3 year old playing Madden and I saw a lot of the recruits laugh and agree. We won that game, but better management would have put us in a better shot to not just pray for a miracle kick. Great game, though. Was a perfect day for football!
That kick was incredible though
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:42 PM   #716
For The Glory Of The City

Oh hell yea
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:45 PM   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
That same exact decision-making is how they lost to Auburn last year, though.

Sorry, unless there's no alternative to win, I don't trust kickers.
Sometimes it's the wrong choice, yes.

But you can't be dogmatic about it. When everyone was blasting him for it, did they not see how little push we got on the first three plays? Going for it it just leaving three points on the field in a 7 point game with 10 minutes left.

In THAT spot, you take the field goal. But many were just being mindlessly dogmatic and saying he's a pussy for not going for it - I believe you did as well.

You have to watch what's actually happening and what was happening was the OL simply wasn't standing up in small areas. So you take the FG, get a stop and get back into big areas of the field where K-State has a harder time stacking the box and attacking as they were doing successfully in the small areas like the gold zone.

He made the right choice given what was happening on the field. But everyone else wanted to argue about the ideal outcomes in a game where 'ideal' wasn't on the table given the performance of the OL.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:45 PM   #718
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED View Post
Wow probably lost us a few recruits
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:47 PM   #719
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
Gladly still ****ing that chicken. Did we all watch the same game? Drinkwitz is a ****ing idiot and there are plenty of other guys who can be a players coach and take advantage of incredibly favorable NIL terms for 5* in state kids.
Enjoy your Saturday!
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:50 PM   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Which game are we talking about?

I wasn't on here much early in the game. Did he get criticized for fourth down decisions? He was unnecessarily conservative last week against a team with a massive talent discrepancy and it almost cost them the game.

He was afraid to push the envelope against Georgia and it cost them last year.

They went for it on 4th and 2 and scored a TD. Had they settled for a FG there, they lose. They settled for a long FG on 4th and 7ish in the first half and Mevis missed. If they convert there the outcome of the game is also different.

This strikes me as akin to arguing about going for two after the conversion was unsuccessful.
Yes he was.

And when he went for it on 4th and 2, he had a healthy QB that could (and did) take it himself. And they'd driven the ball forward a little on 2nd down. They werent on their heels like they were on that drive in the 4th facing 4th and 7.

There were silly mindless penalties that fall on preparation and he deserves heat for that. But everything else from a game management perspective was well handled. This "we should've been leading 24-14" shit is nonsense. Cook was hurt and I still see no reason to assume Horn was gonna come in cold and lead a TD drive. So they worked the clock and kept K-State from getting a drive to end the half. That's proper game management based on the situation rather than the mindless dogmatic nonsense being thrown around in this thread.

Eli coached a good game. Are his players as disciplined as they should be? No, I dont think so and again he has to wear that. But was he taken shots downfield? Yeah - a bunch of them. Did he adjust his offensive gameplan on the fly and get it lined out by the 4th quarter when his QB couldn't do what he had hoped for coming into the game because of injury? Yeah, he absolutely did. Did he handle the short yardage go/no go decisions well? Absolutely.

And yet you're still in here saying he coached a bad game. That's asinine.