Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2023, 12:41 PM  

Chris Jones not at Chiefs mandatory mini-camp

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 12:27 PM   #136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
The difference is KC traded Hill before the draft and had time to try and mitigate the impact. If they trade Jones now the defense is going to feel the impact considering KC did almost nothing in the offseason to address DT. If they were going to trade Jones the time to do so was before the draft.
The larger difference is that Jones is more valuable to the defense than Hill was to the offense.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:09 PM   #137
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief View Post
Mahomes makes up for hill because he elevated everyone around him. Chris Jones is the one elevating everyone around him, and we don’t have a pat on defense that does what he does. Hell only maybe one other person on the planet can do what he does. The comparisons to Hill at just silly.
DING, DING, DING! This post right here hits the nail on the head regarding why comparing the Hill and Jones situations is silly. Bravo on a great post.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2023, 02:19 PM   #138
Veteran

Any good trade ideas? Wouldn't trade him for a DE, MAYBE just straight picks? What about a younger DT with promise plus pick/s? Elite LT? Wouldn't go WR because would probably just sign Hopkins if Veach wants a WR.

Cards and Bears have two 1st rounders so maybe gran 1 plus a player/2nd rounder?

Cards:
Either their 1st or Houston's 1st works for me plus a 2nd rounder. I know Budda Baker asked to be traded but maybe thats all ok now? If not I'd LOVE to do..

Cards get:
Jones
Could throw in CEH too if they still looking for a RB

Chiefs get:
1st rounder
Baker, Safety

They still have another 1st rounder so maybe they pull the trigger? Would allow Veach to be more flexible at the safety potion for contracts coming up.

Bears:
They have their 1st plus the Panthers. Both should be lower picks than Cards or Houston's but a 1st is a 1st. Not sure the Bears have any players I'd want? Maybe Ekwonu and move him to RT and Taylor over to LT now?

Bears get:
Jones

Chiefs get:
1st+2nd/player

Any other ideas?
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:22 PM   #139
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Any good trade ideas? Wouldn't trade him for a DE, MAYBE just straight picks? What about a younger DT with promise plus pick/s? Elite LT? Wouldn't go WR because would probably just sign Hopkins if Veach wants a WR.

Cards and Bears have two 1st rounders so maybe gran 1 plus a player/2nd rounder?

Cards:
Either their 1st or Houston's 1st works for me plus a 2nd rounder. I know Budda Baker asked to be traded but maybe thats all ok now? If not I'd LOVE to do..

Cards get:
Jones
Could throw in CEH too if they still looking for a RB

Chiefs get:
1st rounder
Baker, Safety

They still have another 1st rounder so maybe they pull the trigger? Would allow Veach to be more flexible at the safety potion for contracts coming up.

Bears:
They have their 1st plus the Panthers. Both should be lower picks than Cards or Houston's but a 1st is a 1st. Not sure the Bears have any players I'd want? Maybe Ekwonu and move him to RT and Taylor over to LT now?

Bears get:
Jones

Chiefs get:
1st+2nd/player

Any other ideas?
A Big Gulp of antifreeze with an arsenic chaser.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:22 PM   #140
The man you could post like.

Why are trade talks even a thing. At worst we'd just tag for a couple years.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 02:24 PM   #141
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
He probably wouldn't show up on the tag, at his age this is his last big contract so he will play all the leverage he has with that.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:04 PM   #142
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
If he isn't showing up for mandatories I'm sure he won't be to excited about playing under the tag next season let alone the following.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:24 PM   #143
Banned!

I think we can stop referring to it as "mandatory."
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:05 PM   #144
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Chris Jones has already said at least twice that he wants to be the second highest paid DL, not the highest paid. If I recall correctly, the second highest paid DL right now is getting about 23 1/2 million dollars. So it seems simple enough to pay Chris 25 or 26 million a year.
Until Q Williams gets his deal done!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:19 PM   #145
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Until Q Williams gets his deal done!
This right here. A new deal for Jones could be as much because he is waiting as anything else which makes sense.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:50 PM   #146
bite me

This is pure 100% speculation on my part but I'm thinking the Chiefs are offering around 24-25 million and Jones and his agent are looking at 28-29 million and probably for more years. From what I've seen of Veatch I don't think he's willing to go that high.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:10 PM   #147
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_geezer View Post
This is pure 100% speculation on my part but I'm thinking the Chiefs are offering around 24-25 million and Jones and his agent are looking at 28-29 million and probably for more years. From what I've seen of Veatch I don't think he's willing to go that high.
I would say though that Jones situation could be the outlier. We have no one on defense that impacts the game like him. With Hill, KC could let him walk (although Veach did offer him a nice contract) because of Mahomes. With Brown Jr., Veach was not, and rightfully so, going to give into his demands as he knew (as well as the rest of the NFL) that what Brown Jr was asking for was ludicrous based on his talent level.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:35 PM   #148
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
These situations are not the same thing and should not be treated as such.
OMG there is no way KC is not extending OBJ.

You can't trade up to ~10 overall in the draft for a starting rookie and you can't afford to trade picks and salary cap space in a trade for a veteran and there are no free agents.

BV is going to have to bite the bullet and pay the man and anyway, I'm sure he's going to realize one of these days he just ain't worth that much and I know he'd rather play for my favorite team the Kansas City Chiefs!
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-16-2023, 07:51 PM   #149
Supporter

Chris Jone's dick is so big it's in the weight room doing squats while he's still getting out of the car.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:29 PM
displacedinMN
This message has been deleted by displacedinMN. Reason: f fake accounts
Old 06-19-2023, 05:36 AM   #150
Starter

I think we can all relax now...

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 06-19-2023 at 09:02 AM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote