Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2022, 03:28 PM  
MVP

A Levelheaded Review Wk15

1. The Texans are not as bad as their record would indicate. They pushed a very good Cowboys team in Week 14 to a very close game. Keep that in mind.

2. Isaiah Pacheco, love how hard he runs, needs to get better at pass protection he completely whiffed on that LB stunt blitz on Patrick's 1st sack of the game. His fumble while perplexing is not all that concerning as it's his 4th fumble in 14 games. His last fumble was against JAX and prior to that against the Colts. Rookie mistakes. I'd like to see him more involved in the pass game.

3. Speaking of turnovers they are killing us. The JJSS fumble was just lucky. But we have to do better at holding on to the ball. We gave the Texans short fields to work with on the Pacheco and JJSS fumble that both resulted in Touchdowns. Seems like at least 2 turnovers (fumbles or Int's) in the last 3-4 games.

4. Patrick running the ball is just magic. He knows exactly when to take off and how to hold defenders to keep his running lanes open.

5. Playing to not lose the game, the last 3-4 plays we ran felt like we were playing to not lose instead of get yards to make the FG closer for Butker. Gotta give the the RB's a chance to gain forward yardage.

6. How lucky have we been on coin tosses? Either to start the game or in OT. Seems like we are almost always kicking off and taking the 2nd half kickoff or taking the kickoff in OT. I wonder if that is tracked somewhere?

7.I have said it many times, Toney and Hardman make this offense different. When Toney was in the game they had to account for him. Can't wait for them to both be back on the field. Without them our offense is Kelce, Juju, McKinnon, Pacheco (repeat). Ocassionally Gray, Watson or MVS chip in but you can pretty well bet where the ball is going every play. We need them back badly. Skyy has almost completely disappeared.

8. Willie Gay with the timely turnovers gets the game ball. Last week it was a "pick 6" this week was recovering the OT fumble. Kudos to Frank Clark on generating that turnover.

9. McKinnon in the right place at the right time seems like every week. Great vision on the OT run to end the game.

10. Butker just seems off this year. I'm not sure if it's the ankle or the confidence but he just seems to make terrible kicks at times. I didn't see anything wrong with the snap on either the XP or FG. The XP kick was super ugly.

Extra Point. Penalties, Extremely Ticky Tacky penalty calling against the Chiefs (See Sneed PI in the 4th Q and the Gay defensive holding). Hate to bring this up but I felt like they were being exceptionally picky against the Chiefs.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:30 AM   #76
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
I said it in the game thread, and I'll repeat it here.

Imagine how good this team would be if they just got up for the games.

We rarely see these guys just come out and kick a teams ass. They come out sloppy, sleepwalking, and it takes a double digit deficit, or some perceived injustice by opposing players or refs to get them pissed off enough to focus and take it to them. This dates all the way back to our title run. This is an Andy Reid issue. Gotta be able to come out and stomp terrible teams, or you're not bearing anyone come playoff time.

The bitching about refs is out of control at this point. There were a couple bad ones, but to say the defense played well, and THE REFS converted 5 first downs, well thats just some pussy ass bullshit.

We had a guy stretch a dudes jersey 5 ****ing yards off his body, ok. That's a foul, that's a first down. Dry your tears and come down off that cross for ****s sake.

Then there were 2 more obvious PI by Thornhill and Sneed, and a hold by Gay declined so they could hilariously flag Thornhill getting run into.

You got a couple bs ones on Kelce, and Jet, but if you're a legitimate contender to the title, taking on a 1 win team, that should have no bearing on the outcome of a game if you take care of business which we BARELY are.

We legitimately played down to a 1 win team, with some of the worst situational football at the end I've ever seen.

Andy pissed down his leg in fear of the Texans, when his qb hadn't had an incompletetion for about 2 hours, and sent Butt****er out there when he can't even be trusted to kick the stool out from under himself in a hanging attempt.

These are the types of decisions made on the sideline that get your ass beat in the postseason, and while Andy has seen PLENTY of post season debacles, here he is doing the same shit again.

Got a few games left to pull their head out of their ass, but I'm expecting frustrating watches the rest of the way.
If you watched that game and didn't think the reffing was a massive issue, I dunno what to tell you other than you're burying your head in the sand.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:13 PM   #77
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
And before anyone loses their mind - JJSS had his 3rd fumble (2nd lost) overall today.
I gave JuJu a little leeway on this because when a defender picks you up with your back to the ground and your head pointing down, you start moving your arms or hands to protect yourself as a natural instinct. He was trying to save himself and had trouble hanging on.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:42 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I gave JuJu a little leeway on this because when a defender picks you up with your back to the ground and your head pointing down, you start moving your arms or hands to protect yourself as a natural instinct. He was trying to save himself and had trouble hanging on.
Oh Absolutely - turnovers are gonna happen you just don't want a bunch in one game or consecutive games. I'm not bothered by either.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:33 AM   #79
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Then don't watch you insufferable ****... My God, you would think we were 3-11 and were giving up 40 points a game every week...
Aww, now you've gone and hurt my feelings.

Listen jerkoff, if you're happy with what you watched from the alleged best team in the afc against a 1-11 team, just dancing around your living room in your mother's underwear, thumb up your ass and a big shit eating grin on your face as we play down to the worst ****ing team in the league, then good for you.

However anyone else with more than half of a single moving brain cell knows that the postseason is right around the corner, we've just played down to the two shittiest teams in football, and your dumb ass thinks just because we escaped with wins, that this bullshit will somehow fly against the best in the league.

I'm also not sure how anyone could watch a team with this much talent play so poorly, with the worst coaching decisions at the end of the game and NOT be frustrated with that.

The team consistently comes out flat.

They play like absolute ****ing dogshit for a coach for many here that is beyond reproach.

Then, said coach elects, with the game on the line, to take the ball OUT of his half billion dollar qbs hands, who hasn't missed a pass in 2 hours, and put the game on our dumpster fire of a special teams unit who SPOILER ALERT comes out on the field, bends over backwards and stuffs their face up their ass.

I fully expect more of the same, and I'll take just a bit more pleasure in posting my observations knowing that it's going to undoubtedly reduce to you your base form of blood belching vagina.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:52 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
They've played very well by their standard the last couple games, but they also had a terrible performance against Cleveland just a few weeks ago. 80 yard punt return TD for Cleveland, plus TWO touchdowns by the Cleveland defense. Somehow Houston magically stopped making as many big mistakes against Dallas & Chiefs.
I guess I just don't get why people judge a team's ability by mistakes. It would be like saying that Mahomes is now in Jameis Winston territory because he made a few careless plays when up 27-0 in Denver.

When you put up 500+ yds and outgain a team by almost 300, and win despite a zillion penalties and losing the TO battle, you're probably a lot better than them. Who cares about the final score?
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:54 AM   #81
MVP

Quote:
Aww, now you've gone and hurt my feelings.

Listen jerkoff, if you're happy with what you watched from the alleged best team in the afc against a 1-11 team, just dancing around your living room in your mother's underwear, thumb up your ass and a big shit eating grin on your face as we play down to the worst ****ing team in the league, then good for you.

However anyone else with more than half of a single moving brain cell knows that the postseason is right around the corner, we've just played down to the two shittiest teams in football, and your dumb ass thinks just because we escaped with wins, that this bullshit will somehow fly against the best in the league.

I'm also not sure how anyone could watch a team with this much talent play so poorly, with the worst coaching decisions at the end of the game and NOT be frustrated with that.

The team consistently comes out flat.

They play like absolute ****ing dogshit for a coach for many here that is beyond reproach.

Then, said coach elects, with the game on the line, to take the ball OUT of his half billion dollar qbs hands, who hasn't missed a pass in 2 hours, and put the game on our dumpster fire of a special teams unit who SPOILER ALERT comes out on the field, bends over backwards and stuffs their face up their ass.

I fully expect more of the same, and I'll take just a bit more pleasure in posting my observations knowing that it's going to undoubtedly reduce to you your base form of blood belching vagina.
I'm somewhat concerned about the defense, but that's been the case all year. Nothing that happened in Houston changed that.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-20-2022, 04:36 PM   #82
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I'm somewhat concerned about the defense, but that's been the case all year. Nothing that happened in Houston changed that.
I'm more concerned with Andy Reids situational playcalling.

We saw him play for a long fg late in cincinnatti knowing the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. The correct call there is to stay on the field, put it in 15's hands, use up more time and score a td to force the Bengals to score a td with little time left, instead of sending Butt****er out there to attempt a 55yd fg to tie and allow the Bengals the opportunity to drive for a fg and win.

Against the Texans, Mahomes finished the game on 20 straight completions. Instead of rolling with his half billion dollar qb that is quite literally on fire, we run the most predictable vanilla chickenshit offense that loses 2 yards in 3 plays, setting up Butt****er once again as the answer from 50+

Butker ain't that guy this year. Is it him? Is it the holder? Doesn't matter, because the unit can't be trusted to come through for the kick. Multiple times he's left 4 points on the field.

This team lives and dies on the shoulders of 15, and even in the midst of the all time NFL best completion percentage performance for a 40 attempt game, Andy Reid still took the ball out of his hands with the game on the line.

We're paying him half a billion dollars, and putting the games on a kicker that should be wearing #2. It's ****ing asinine.

He's leading every category that matters at the qb position, performing at an MVP level, and hadnt missed a pass in 2 hours. Give him the ****ing ball and get the hell out of the way.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:38 PM   #83
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
I said it in the game thread, and I'll repeat it here.

Imagine how good this team would be if they just got up for the games.

We rarely see these guys just come out and kick a teams ass. They come out sloppy, sleepwalking, and it takes a double digit deficit, or some perceived injustice by opposing players or refs to get them pissed off enough to focus and take it to them. This dates all the way back to our title run. This is an Andy Reid issue. Gotta be able to come out and stomp terrible teams, or you're not bearing anyone come playoff time.

The bitching about refs is out of control at this point. There were a couple bad ones, but to say the defense played well, and THE REFS converted 5 first downs, well thats just some pussy ass bullshit.

We had a guy stretch a dudes jersey 5 ****ing yards off his body, ok. That's a foul, that's a first down. Dry your tears and come down off that cross for ****s sake.

Then there were 2 more obvious PI by Thornhill and Sneed, and a hold by Gay declined so they could hilariously flag Thornhill getting run into.

You got a couple bs ones on Kelce, and Jet, but if you're a legitimate contender to the title, taking on a 1 win team, that should have no bearing on the outcome of a game if you take care of business which we BARELY are.

We legitimately played down to a 1 win team, with some of the worst situational football at the end I've ever seen.

Andy pissed down his leg in fear of the Texans, when his qb hadn't had an incompletetion for about 2 hours, and sent Butt****er out there when he can't even be trusted to kick the stool out from under himself in a hanging attempt.

These are the types of decisions made on the sideline that get your ass beat in the postseason, and while Andy has seen PLENTY of post season debacles, here he is doing the same shit again.

Got a few games left to pull their head out of their ass, but I'm expecting frustrating watches the rest of the way.
I get where you're coming from and agree with most of it. If the Chiefs play like they have these last 2 games in the playoffs, they'll be one and done
TEX has disabled reputation