Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2022, 12:24 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I didn't think it was intentional - I just thought it was bad driving and simply not necessary that early in the race. Even if Ricciardo takes that position, I doubt he's able to hold it. Sainz appeard to spin the wheels a bit at the start and created an opening for Ricciardo but in the first damn lap, there's no cause for taking it deep into a corner there when you know the conditions aren't great.
Ahh, yeah, don't disagree with that. Seems to be the norm for race starts though, always someone braking too late.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:45 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Ahh, yeah, don't disagree with that. Seems to be the norm for race starts though, always someone braking too late.
But hey, in the end it was still less aggressive and stupid than LeClerc deciding he needed DRS with 10 laps left in the race and spinning himself in to the wall when he was gaining a second a lap on Perez.

Just WAY too impatient and aggressive. He was lucky to get it back to 6th.

With the impact DRS showed in the sprint down the main stretch, I have no earthly idea why he didn't just bide his time until he had an opening and DRS. He'd have coasted to 2nd.

If Tsunoda ever grows up a bit and gets a big boy drive under him, he's gonna be a handful some day. That kid has really good pace. I'd be fascinated to see what he could do in a McLaren alongside Norris.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
But hey, in the end it was still less aggressive and stupid than LeClerc deciding he needed DRS with 10 laps left in the race and spinning himself in to the wall when he was gaining a second a lap on Perez.

Just WAY too impatient and aggressive. He was lucky to get it back to 6th.

With the impact DRS showed in the sprint down the main stretch, I have no earthly idea why he didn't just bide his time until he had an opening and DRS. He'd have coasted to 2nd.

If Tsunoda ever grows up a bit and gets a big boy drive under him, he's gonna be a handful some day. That kid has really good pace. I'd be fascinated to see what he could do in a McLaren alongside Norris.
Agree on all points. Leclerc was way too aggressive way too late. With Sainz out, they should have taken the points instead of trying to go for fastest lap or passing Checo.

I know a lot of people are looking to Gasly to get back to RBR and replace Checo. I don't see that happening. Depending on this year's outcome, I see Checo getting 2 more years and Tsunoda becoming #1 at AT for 2 years and then replacing Checo at RBR.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:38 PM   #5
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Agree on all points. Leclerc was way too aggressive way too late. With Sainz out, they should have taken the points instead of trying to go for fastest lap or passing Checo.

I know a lot of people are looking to Gasly to get back to RBR and replace Checo. I don't see that happening. Depending on this year's outcome, I see Checo getting 2 more years and Tsunoda becoming #1 at AT for 2 years and then replacing Checo at RBR.
I just feel like RBR and Mercedes are a bit of a crutch and only really identify if someone is openly awful.

Albon looked competent at Red Bull and I'm just not sure that tells us anything. Whereas I think McLaren is a good team, but not a team that makes a driver look obviously better than he is.

Strictly from a curiosity standpoint, I'd like to see Tsunoda at McLaren because I think it would do a lot to demonstrate how good he truly is.

And frankly I just don't understand McLaren's patience w/ Ricciardo. Apart from the 1-2 races/yr where he looks good for some reason, he's just...there. I don't understand what they see in him. Especially when I think we've watched Norris get better and better there and develop right in front of them while Ricciardo just continues to be the cock-tease he's been his entire career.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:57 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
I just feel like RBR and Mercedes are a bit of a crutch and only really identify if someone is openly awful.

Albon looked competent at Red Bull and I'm just not sure that tells us anything. Whereas I think McLaren is a good team, but not a team that makes a driver look obviously better than he is.

Strictly from a curiosity standpoint, I'd like to see Tsunoda at McLaren because I think it would do a lot to demonstrate how good he truly is.

And frankly I just don't understand McLaren's patience w/ Ricciardo. Apart from the 1-2 races/yr where he looks good for some reason, he's just...there. I don't understand what they see in him. Especially when I think we've watched Norris get better and better there and develop right in front of them while Ricciardo just continues to be the cock-tease he's been his entire career.
Could be, McLaren definitely hasn't made Ric look any better! We might well be saying the same about Ferrari being a crutch in a few years though. They really seem to have nailed their car, and with the engine freeze inbound I expect the top 3 teams at the end of 22 to likely carry through for a few years.

I'm really interested to see how Tsunoda progresses this year. He's an intriguing driver. Unfortunately I expected a lot more from AT this year.

Yeah, I think this is kind of a now or never year for Ric. I wouldn't be surprised if his replacement is announced at the break. If he continues to under perform that it.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:53 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
And frankly I just don't understand McLaren's patience w/ Ricciardo.
In that video where F1 announced the race in Las Vegas, Ricciardo said he was thinking about retiring after this year but the Vegas race may have changed his mind. His contract with McLaren runs out after next season. He definitely seems to have lost his edge so far this year.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.