Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:16 PM   #226
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'm of the opposite opinion, honestly. I think the Panthers are only open for business if Pickett or Willis isn't there. Their biggest weakness is QB and everybody and their brother knows that Sam Darnold is not a solution. I think the picks at 3, 4, and 5 are going to be hot on the phones for the QB trades to get in front of Carolina. Carolina knows it but doesn't have the same ammo to do anything about it. I say that because those teams are going to want picks this year too, they are all reloading. They are all also in a relatively favorable position as they all have another high 1st rounder to lean on in the event they do trade back.
If the Saints move up with either the Jets at 4, or Giants at 5, maybe one of the picks they aquired at 16 and 19 might be in play too for a trade up. Veach said he has 16 - 18 1st round grades, and no QB’s are included in our grading system right now.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:34 PM   #227
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
NFLN just said that Carolina is the most likely team to trade down and that they "have a giant call-me sign" up for their pick. Wonder if we can get there with just our two 1s...?

Kayvon Thibodeaux come on down....

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

I mean I’m here for it but sadly I don’t think he gets past the Jets at #4….
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:37 PM   #228
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'm of the opposite opinion, honestly. I think the Panthers are only open for business if Pickett or Willis isn't there. Their biggest weakness is QB and everybody and their brother knows that Sam Darnold is not a solution. I think the picks at 3, 4, and 5 are going to be hot on the phones for the QB trades to get in front of Carolina. Carolina knows it but doesn't have the same ammo to do anything about it. I say that because those teams are going to want picks this year too, they are all reloading. They are all also in a relatively favorable position as they all have another high 1st rounder to lean on in the event they do trade back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Or they believe that they can still get a QB in the middle of the first and pick up another asset to go along with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
If the Saints move up with either the Jets at 4, or Giants at 5, maybe one of the picks they aquired at 16 and 19 might be in play too for a trade up. Veach said he has 16 - 18 1st round grades, and no QB’s are included in our grading system right now.
There's also the bigger issue of whether or not Willis and Pickett are even worth a top 10 pick. I mean if you're Carolina do you really want to spend that ammo on one of them?

....or would trade down and take a LT at 29 and maybe Matt Corall at 30? They need both and this way kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Are Willis/Pickett really that good of propects,, that's its worth missing out on adding another piece to your team?
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #229
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
That's the biggest hold up here imo. Jets need a DE too and WR...and there's no WR worth #4. I think the NYG go Oline. So you're right in that the Jets would be the biggest competition for him.

Hopefully they go Oline too, I mean they need help inside so they can go Neal...leaving Ekwonu for the Giants. Also, 1 of the CBs is a possiblity. Stringley and Sauce are good prospects for a team that all of a sudden has Tyreek Hill in their division.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:54 PM   #230
In Search of a Life

Quote:
There's also the bigger issue of whether or not Willis and Pickett are even worth a top 10 pick. I mean if you're Carolina do you really want to spend that ammo on one of them?

....or would trade down and take a LT at 29 and maybe Matt Corall at 30? They need both and this way kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Are Willis/Pickett really that good of propects,, that's its worth missing out on adding another piece to your team?
I probably wasn't real clear in what I was trying to say. I really think the Saints made the trade with the Eagles to have the ammo to move up, and possibly have some sort of deal in place pending how the draft is shaping up.

If the Jets, or the Giants, or even the Panthers are the target of the Saints, picks 16 and 19 may come into play. If the Saints hold on to 16 and 19, my guess is they are out of play.

And if it is 4 or 5 that the Saints go to, maybe 6 could be had from the Panthers in some sort of blockbuster trade.

Does that make more sense?
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:21 PM   #231
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
I think that might be Stingley or Sauce
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:25 PM   #232
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I probably wasn't real clear in what I was trying to say. I really think the Saints made the trade with the Eagles to have the ammo to move up, and possibly have some sort of deal in place pending how the draft is shaping up.

If the Jets, or the Giants, or even the Panthers are the target of the Saints, picks 16 and 19 may come into play. If the Saints hold on to 16 and 19, my guess is they are out of play.

And if it is 4 or 5 that the Saints go to, maybe 6 could be had from the Panthers in some sort of blockbuster trade.

Does that make more sense?
Yeah, but I'm kinda on the boat that NO is staying put. I think they add a WR and maybe a QB, but they do it where they are.

Carolina/ATL/Pitt are the main teams I think that are looking. Saints are there too but idk...I think they see that weak NFC and know that with the right picks they can be a player this season.

Again, is Willis and Pickett worth a top 10 pick? It's the same question that I brought up w/ Carolina. If ATL passes then NO and Pittsburgh can sit right where they are and grab those 2.. leaving Correll for whomever at the backend of the 1st (hopefully the Panthers after they give us #6)
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:02 PM   #233
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm kinda on the boat that NO is staying put. I think they add a WR and maybe a QB, but they do it where they are.

Carolina/ATL/Pitt are the main teams I think that are looking. Saints are there too but idk...I think they see that weak NFC and know that with the right picks they can be a player this season.

Again, is Willis and Pickett worth a top 10 pick? It's the same question that I brought up w/ Carolina. If ATL passes then NO and Pittsburgh can sit right where they are and grab those 2.. leaving Correll for whomever at the backend of the 1st (hopefully the Panthers after they give us #6)
You could be right.

But that seems like a huge gamble for the Saints to just stay put at those two spots.
Old 04-22-2022, 06:24 PM   #234
SuperBowl or bust

An interesting option I played around with last night was 29, 30 and 50 for 16 and 19 held by the Saints.

Depends on who falls to 16, though.

Veach said today 18-20 is the sweet spot.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2022, 07:37 AM   #235
MVP

I don't know if any of these QB's are worth a first or not, to be honest. I don't even look at QB prospects anymore (what a wonderful feeling.)

I do know this-

If you don't have an elite QB, you're ****ed.

Nothing else matters. Literally.

If there's any way to talk themselves into one of these guys being POSSIBLY elite, they're going to pull the trigger. It's just too important a position in this era of NFL. It is EVERYTHING.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:31 AM   #236
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Probably would be my plan anyway.

The Texans are an intriguing partner here.

Here's a fun concept:

Texans get:

29, 30, and 62

Chiefs get:
13, 37

That works out pretty well in value. You're giving up a 2nd, but still have 2 of them and still get 3 picks in the top 50 of this draft.

I'm not sure 13 is high enough to be assured of Johnson, though.

Probably have to give them 135 & get back their 183 to complete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:34 AM   #237
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
An interesting option I played around with last night was 29, 30 and 50 for 16 and 19 held by the Saints.

Depends on who falls to 16, though.

Veach said today 18-20 is the sweet spot.

Saints wouldn’t take that trade.

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:36 AM   #238
I’m a Mahomo!

Trade up options

Quote:
NFLN just said that Carolina is the most likely team to trade down and that they "have a giant call-me sign" up for their pick. Wonder if we can get there with just our two 1s...?

Kayvon Thibodeaux come on down....

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

Throw in the 50th pick & it might work.

Last edited by KChiefs1; 04-23-2022 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-23-2022, 12:36 PM   #239
Inmem 2.0

Trading up in a draft that has this much value in those middle rounds where Veach is best at would be stupid
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:37 PM   #240
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Trading up in a draft that has this much value in those middle rounds where Veach is best at would be stupid

Agreed

Trading down to get more picks in the 40-80 range makes more sense.