Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2021, 02:05 PM   #2
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The scenes from next weeks preview is...troublesome if you're team Lloyd.
I don't remember seeing anything in the preview about Lloyd, what does it show? At any rate its not looking good, Rip went too far and embarrassed his right hand man in front of the whole crew... Lloyds gonna turn against them IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Last two episodes felt more like moving chess pieces than anything.

Glad to see they're steering away from Jamie as a big bad. A) He's just too big of a pussy to be intimidating and B) There's just no WAY he'd have ordered an attack on Casey. For everything he hates about Beth and his frustration with John (who I say he's too in awe of to attack) - Casey is his brother in the same sense of any 'normal' person. He almost seems to look up to him. There's no way he'd do that.

I also can't convince myself to be scared of that little Australian Dwarf woman from Market Equities. Willa Hayes was a far better character. I'm supposed to be all cowed when she tries to bark back at Beth and all I can see is a Pomeranian trying to bow up on a Doberman.
I bet dwarf lady is gonna prove to be a tough matchup for Beth, she didn't blink in the face of Beths big talk... and she has waaay more money to boot
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I don't remember seeing anything in the preview about Lloyd, what does it show? At any rate its not looking good, Rip went too far and embarrassed his right hand man in front of the whole crew... Lloyds gonna turn against them IMO
I'm thinking/hoping that Lloyd puts some energy into the kid and teaches him the ropes similarly to how he took Rip under his wing.

Because man - it's just the laziest of lazy writing to have him turn heel. Again - this dude murdered co-workers in cold blood, presumptively several of them, and never had an issue.

Now Rip is hard on him (something he KNEW Rip would do) and he's going to leave the reservation? That just doesn't make sense.

You can't spend 3 seasons demonstrating a guy's character and then just flip it overnight. Not for something that's fairly trivial in comparison to what he's looked past.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
pie is never free

Quote:
I'm thinking/hoping that Lloyd puts some energy into the kid and teaches him the ropes similarly to how he took Rip under his wing.

Because man - it's just the laziest of lazy writing to have him turn heel. Again - this dude murdered co-workers in cold blood, presumptively several of them, and never had an issue.

Now Rip is hard on him (something he KNEW Rip would do) and he's going to leave the reservation? That just doesn't make sense.

You can't spend 3 seasons demonstrating a guy's character and then just flip it overnight. Not for something that's fairly trivial in comparison to what he's looked past.
I'm just guessing of course, they could take his story any number of directions... but something is definitely brewing with him, they didn't have him get his ass kicked just to drop it, they're setting something up
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post

I bet dwarf lady is gonna prove to be a tough matchup for Beth, she didn't blink in the face of Beths big talk... and she has waaay more money to boot
The preview showed him in the stable talking to the kid and saying there’s no room for outcasts like us in the bunkhouse.

Quote:

I think it’s more than that.

Everyone agreed Ryan Binghams character needed to die. Then he shows back up? And he’s being the same prick he was before.

The discipline is coming apart. And he sees Binghams character as a personification of the problems. And he was supposed to have hot lead in his dome. So he lashes out and catches the discipline that should have deaded Binghams character. And ancillary work, Costner comes unglued on him and gives him a little more discipline that should have got Binghams character dead.

So his whole belief structure is coming apart.

I don’t see the blonde chick as anything affecting Lloyd.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:42 PM   #6
pie is never free

Quote:
The preview showed him in the stable talking to the kid and saying there’s no room for outcasts like us in the bunkhouse.

Everyone agreed Ryan Binghams character needed to die. Then he shows back up? And he’s being the same prick he was before.

The discipline is coming apart. And he sees Binghams character as a personification of the problems. And he was supposed to have hot lead in his dome. So he lashes out and catches the discipline that should have deaded Binghams character. And ancillary work, Costner comes unglued on him and gives him a little more discipline that should have got Binghams character dead.

Wow, not sure how I missed that part of the preview... yep he's feeling unappreciated and cast aside
Old 11-29-2021, 03:04 PM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Lloyd briefly alluded to that. But Rip made a fair point - he isn't dead and therefore John Dutton doesn't want him to be. Again, if it's okay to kill for John, why isn't okay to let him live for John?

It's an underlying ethos that Lloyd has demonstrated for a long time and suddenly the underpinnings of it (John's word is law) don't apply?

Walker is a pretty boy douche but he's wearing the brand now. And yeah, I think they handed that out a little to freely, but it is what it is. But hey, if killing Lloyd gives Bryan more to do, I'm on board with it. I JUST realized last week that the guy who plays him is the same guy who played Midge's hipster boyfriend in Mad Men.

"You make the lie. You invent want."
"I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent..."

"The cops....you can't go out there."
"You can't..."

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 11-29-2021 at 03:19 PM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Lloyd briefly alluded to that. But Rip made a fair point - he isn't dead and therefore John Dutton doesn't want him to be. Again, if it's okay to kill for John, why isn't okay to let him live for John?

It's an underlying ethos that Lloyd has demonstrated for a long time and suddenly the underpinnings of it (John's word is law) don't apply?

Walker is a pretty boy douche but he's wearing the brand now. And yeah, I think they handed that out a little to freely, but it is what it is. But hey, if killing Lloyd gives Bryan more to do, I'm on board with it. I JUST realized last week that the guy who plays him is the same guy who played Midge's hipster boyfriend in Mad Men.

"You make the lie. You invent want."
"I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent..."

"The cops....you can't go out there."
"You can't..."
I didn’t realize that either. Thats one of the best scenes in mad men. It’s just ****ing perfect. I rewatched Mad Men sometime this summer and there is some goddamned big headed philosophical dialogue in there. Pretty compelling shit.

Anyway Matter at hand. I think boiling it down to John’s Word is the law is handwaving some real shit that these guys built their life around. Technically, Rip is right, but I don’t have to suspend belief very much to adopt Lloyds frame of mind.

For 40 years if he does the work and keeps his shit together for John, life as he knows it is going to go on. Then all the sudden he does, and life how he knows it DOESN’T go on, it can be rattling. And Bless his heart, I live Lloyd but the character they’ve developed in the show isn’t curing cancer. And it’s difficult for most people to be objective about something close to them, anyway, I don’t have to work too hard to conclude Lloyd can’t see the forest for the trees, and it feels like the foundation his world is built on is coming apart. Some of that is the acting. That’s a hell of a performance he’s turned in since he decided to fight Ryan Bingham.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.