Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #52216
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
These new variants are a pain and don't seem to be milder like we had all hoped.

Germany’s third Covid wave needs drastic measures, says health chief

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...ehp&li=AAggFp5
I'm old enough to remember when Germany's response was the gold standard around this thread.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #52217
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I'm old enough to remember when Germany's response was the gold standard around this thread.
Some thought Sweden was , some thought this was all a hoax as well, some thought NZ and AUS 's response was too extreme, some thought the new technology of the Pfizer and Moderna's vaccine were too risky to take and wanted to wait for the AstraZeneca and J&J old tech versions.

A world shortage of newly developed vaccines during a pandemic wasn't unexpected.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:36 AM   #52218
Generational Player

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #52219
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
The article seems to be saying two things:

1) breakthrough cases are extremely rare (.008%) in those that are fully vaccinated and those that do get covid after vaccination experience very mild and manageable infections

but it also states:

2) It's a reminder that even vaccinated people are at risk and should continue to take precautions such as masking and social distancing in many circumstances.

If cases are that rare in those that are vaccinated and breakthrough cases are generally mild, why do vaccinated people need to continue to take those precautions?
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #52220
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post

1) breakthrough cases are extremely rare (.008%) in those that are fully vaccinated and those that do get covid after vaccination experience very mild and manageable infections

but it also states:

2) It's a reminder that even vaccinated people are at risk and should continue to take precautions such as masking and social distancing in many circumstances.

If cases are that rare in those that are vaccinated and breakthrough cases are generally mild, why do vaccinated people need to continue to take those precautions?
Who the hell knows. Messaging has been awful
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #52221
"You like to drink?"

Quote:

but it also states:

Only conspiracy theorists ask questions. You aren't a conspiracy theorist, are you?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:30 PM   #52222
Please squeeze

I haven't been in this thread much of late or around in general after that shitty SB loss but I am curious what everyone's employer doing in regards to working from home\hybrid or not. My employer is trying to get a large part of our employees at least in a hybrid model starting in May.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #52223
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

but it also states:

Poor messaging + extreme caution.

The 2nd statement is now 3-4 months old, made when they of course didn't have the information backed by 66 million fully vaccinated people.

Why they would still be communicating that is beyond me. Perhaps the message behind the message is "don't be a dick and go off the rails about being vaccinated if there's still a mandate in your area"... instead of the drama that would come with that, they want to still communicate one message (wear a mask, stay away from people).... and then once we hit a threshold of vaccinated people, it would be a new single message lifting mandates and what not.

Just a wild guess though... they also shut down a vaccine because of a one in a million chance, so there's that.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:57 PM   #52224
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

but it also states:

I wonder if the second part is really about this interim period where we still have a lot of unvaccinated people running around. I would agree with your take that if breakthrough infection is that rare, it's merely become part of our daily background risk.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #52225
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I haven't been in this thread much of late or around in general after that shitty SB loss but I am curious what everyone's employer doing in regards to working from home\hybrid or not. My employer is trying to get a large part of our employees at least in a hybrid model starting in May.
We've been back in the office full time since November.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:23 PM   #52226
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
We've been back in the office full time since November.
Damn. I am sorry.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:25 PM   #52227
Life is changing..

Quote:
Damn. I am sorry.
I'm not. My productivity in office is at least 3x that of working from home.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #52228
best in the biz

Quote:
Damn. I am sorry.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:08 PM   #52229
Please squeeze

Quote:
I'm not. My productivity in office is at least 3x that of working from home.
I am working longer hours at home some since I feel like home is the office. Still I don’t want to go back to the office I would miss waking up and just throwing on whatever and working . Plus this is the first year I haven’t been sick in a decade.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #52230
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
What's with the slow vaccine roll out in all these places?
The US threw money at the problem and the EU tried to negotiate careful contracts that wouldn't leave them on the hook if the vaccines didn't work.

One of the rare occasions that crony capitalism paid off handsomely but a pandemic that's costing trillions isn't the occasion to pinch pennies.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.