Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
One mile, which I looked up was like 1610 meters or something. I kind of want to give it a shot. 6-8 minutes doesn't take a while and it's 4 times around on my culdasec.

It's definitely doable - for sure. The time frame is up to you.

Try entering some local races. The motivation from competition will push you far beyond what you will do on your own while running down the street. 5k is probably the shortest you'll find, but if you get good at 5ks then a 1 miler will be easy.

Also note that it's been about 5 years since I've run a 5k. I've recently lost all motivation to do cardio and I do weights exclusively now, so please take the advice of an actual runner over mine.

Last edited by loochy; 10-28-2020 at 10:14 AM..
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
One mile, which I looked up was like 1610 meters or something. I kind of want to give it a shot. 6-8 minutes doesn't take a while and it's 4 times around on my culdasec.
A sub 6 minute mile isn't too insane by any means but I imagine only 10% of all regular runner's can even achieve that.

You are more likely to hurt yourself trying to just continually run faster if try to do it to quickly. You need to run some longer slower runs, nothing major but also integrate some speedwork.

I mean unless you are just naturally a fast runner (some people are) there is a fairly quick wall that you will hit while speeding up, it becomes much more incrementally harder at a certain point.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.