Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:57 PM   #45316
Consuming CP souls

Pete is fine
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #45317
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
IMO if you have a mask mandate but don't have restrictions on restaurants and bars then you aren't doing much good. You have to have everything else + masks.
Restaurants sort of depends on the lay out, spacing and airflow.

With bars, unless it is strictly table service, you are pretty much screwed.

My part of Northern California is still pretty much 100% mask wearing, so I expect someday the number crunchers should be able to shed light on the debate.

No doubt long after it matters.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-10-2020, 06:51 AM   #45318
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Restaurants sort of depends on the lay out, spacing and airflow.

With bars, unless it is strictly table service, you are pretty much screwed.

My part of Northern California is still pretty much 100% mask wearing, so I expect someday the number crunchers should be able to shed light on the debate.

No doubt long after it matters.
But there was that hidden report in Nashville that said there were only 2 cases that came out of bars that the Mayor got caught trying to keep under wraps.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:22 PM   #45319
Please squeeze

uh.. I shouldn't be surprised though because to many people aren't wearing masks and SD.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...abd53504ba3b6e

More than 5K new COVID-19 cases in Missouri sets record

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri reported more than 5,000 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday to more than double the previous single-day record.

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said there have been a total of 144,230 confirmed cases since the outbreak started, up 5,066 cases from Friday. The previous single day high of 2,084 new cases was set on July 30, KMOV reports.

Health department spokeswoman Lisa Cox didn’t immediately respond to an email from The Associated Press seeking an explanation for the large increase. It was reported on the same day that the number of deaths increased by 27 to bring the total to 2,422.

Data from the state also shows that 1,313 people were hospitalized as of Friday, the second-most for any single day. The rise in hospitalizations is occurring largely in Missouri’s rural communities.

“People aren’t following the rules,” Jayne Dees, administrator of the health department in New Madrid County in the Bootheel region of southeast Missouri, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “They’re not social distancing. They’re not wearing masks. They’re gathering.”

Dr. Nathan Sprengel, a doctor at the SEMO Health Network clinic in New Madrid, said some patients get upset when they are urged to wear masks in the clinic.

“That tells me they’re probably not wearing one when they’re out in public,” he said.

Meanwhile, an outbreak at the jail in St. Louis County has grown to include 20 inmates and one employee, officials announced Friday night. Mass testing is underway as the facility seeks to control the spread of the virus.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #45320
In Search of a Life

Yeah the rural areas down here are getting slammed

There’s talk of shutting down elective surgeries again here because the hospital is getting pretty overwhelmed
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #45321
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
uh.. I shouldn't be surprised though because to many people aren't wearing masks and SD.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...abd53504ba3b6e

More than 5K new COVID-19 cases in Missouri sets record

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri reported more than 5,000 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday to more than double the previous single-day record.

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said there have been a total of 144,230 confirmed cases since the outbreak started, up 5,066 cases from Friday. The previous single day high of 2,084 new cases was set on July 30, KMOV reports.

Health department spokeswoman Lisa Cox didn’t immediately respond to an email from The Associated Press seeking an explanation for the large increase. It was reported on the same day that the number of deaths increased by 27 to bring the total to 2,422.

Data from the state also shows that 1,313 people were hospitalized as of Friday, the second-most for any single day. The rise in hospitalizations is occurring largely in Missouri’s rural communities.

“People aren’t following the rules,” Jayne Dees, administrator of the health department in New Madrid County in the Bootheel region of southeast Missouri, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “They’re not social distancing. They’re not wearing masks. They’re gathering.”

Dr. Nathan Sprengel, a doctor at the SEMO Health Network clinic in New Madrid, said some patients get upset when they are urged to wear masks in the clinic.

“That tells me they’re probably not wearing one when they’re out in public,” he said.

Meanwhile, an outbreak at the jail in St. Louis County has grown to include 20 inmates and one employee, officials announced Friday night. Mass testing is underway as the facility seeks to control the spread of the virus.
There was an error somewhere. I read about it earlier. I'll see if can find the link
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:40 PM   #45322
Consuming CP souls

Ya as much as "cases" are bunk, but people are stupid. Masks and distancing work to keep things somewhat normal. Some dumb people out there. Be respectful to others. Stay away close contact wise from compromised people especially. Most everyone will be fine, but there are people that should be on high alert.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:02 PM   #45323
Mahomes or GTFO

Attended a wedding today in rural MO. Ceremony was outside. About 250 ppl, no masks, no distancing, no ****s given.

My wife and I stood at the back during the ceremony and left before the reception. Shit was mind-blowing to me.

Edit: we were, LITERALLY, the only 2 ppl wearing masks. Everyone looked at us like we were some sort of communist.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:21 PM   #45324
I missed '69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
Attended a wedding today in rural MO. Ceremony was outside. About 250 ppl, no masks, no distancing, no ****s given.

My wife and I stood at the back during the ceremony and left before the reception. Shit was mind-blowing to me.

Edit: we were, LITERALLY, the only 2 ppl wearing masks. Everyone looked at us like we were some sort of communist.
You are the only ones with any brain power.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #45325
In Search of a Life

Atleast you were outside

I had hoped cases would finally go down before we got too far along here but they’re creeping back up. Widespread infections make it all that much harder to shield those who need it the most. Very tough situation we’re rolling into here.

I really have no clue what’s gonna end up happening going forward
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:44 PM   #45326
Supporter

I spent the last week driving through and vacationing in Wisconsin. Mostly everyone was following the rules.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:15 AM   #45327
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Huh? No I most certainly did not. I've been trying to tell anyone who will listen that cites this nonsense that 50k people total will die from Covid-19 in the USA. I am with great certainty predicting that more than 100,000 people die from Covid-19 in the USA. It would not surprise me if it ends up more than 200,000, at all.

Everyone thought I was crazy back in April. Its even much worse than everyone expected the death count to be.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:43 AM   #45328
Starter

I’m amazed at how many people wear masks yet no medical professionals wear them outside of work
chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chefs fan in omaha has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:27 AM   #45329
In Search of a Life

Hospitalizations ticking back up as cases do. Figure deaths will follow
Old 10-11-2020, 07:37 AM   #45330
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Hospitalizations ticking back up as cases do. Figure deaths will follow
Deaths on the MO side have risen since 9/26......

KS side is fortunately seeing a downward move...

However, the Deaths to Cases Rate in KS\Mo is still pretty low and flat and has been since July.

I need to preface this though that this data is only for the KC area.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.