Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2020, 05:45 PM  

Power 5 conferences moving toward postponing 2020 NCAA football season

tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #301
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Andy Reid is a big boy. He wants to coach and that’s HIS choice. Again, what makes you think you or anybody else gets to speak for him or any of the coaches/players that WANT to play?
Yeah and lots of people would not wear helmets that ride motorcycles if they could make that choice. Same thing with seat belts. Just like those decisions are made by other people so will the decision about athletics.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:22 AM   #302
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
The NFL has a current positive test rate of less than 1% (.78%), including a 0% positive test rate for the Chiefs.

The state of Missouri has a positive test rate of 7.7% and Kansas has a 9.7% positive test rate.

Statistically it is much safer to be in a controlled football environment with state of the art testing/surveillance/mitigation controls.
People are going to make bad decisions the younger the more likely to make those bad decisions.
Those people could just make responsible decisions. If they don't or won't then that gets into other issues.
I hope and wish for their to be football but I will totally understand if there is not.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #303
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Yeah and lots of people would not wear helmets that ride motorcycles if they could make that choice. Same thing with seat belts. Just like those decisions are made by other people so will the decision about athletics.

They’re wearing masks when they can, being tested regularly, and taking other precautions. Andy, specifically, is wearing a shield and probably has very little contact with anybody.

You’re basically saying they shouldn’t be allowed to “drive” at all. You understand that, right?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #304
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
This is absolutely the driving force behind the decision. It's not about "wanting to play football".
If there was no money involved, universities would most certainly shut down their athletic departments and all sports until deemed safe by either a vaccine or eradication..

It's all about money. It always has been and always will be about money.

Well, until the Image & Likeness laws go into effect nationwide, which will fundamentally change "Amateur" athletics forever.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #305
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:

They’re wearing masks when they can, being tested regularly, and taking other precautions. Andy, specifically, is wearing a shield and probably has very little contact with anybody.

You’re basically saying they shouldn’t be allowed to “drive” at all. You understand that, right?
No I have and am saying they do not get to make the decision on whether there will or will not be a season. The Chiefs and Andy can do all this stuff they have been doing, leading the league in protocols and all that stuff, but that does not mean everyone else will do the same thing voluntarily or when someone is not looking.
Baseball is a great example. Some teams have not had any trouble then there are the Marlins, Cardinals and others.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #306
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No I have and am saying they do not get to make the decision on whether there will or will not be a season. The Chiefs and Andy can do all this stuff they have been doing, leading the league in protocols and all that stuff, but that does not mean everyone else will do the same thing voluntarily or when someone is not looking.
Baseball is a great example. Some teams have not had any trouble then there are the Marlins, Cardinals and others.

So you don’t believe in allowing people the freedom of choice. Good to know.

Unlike your car accident example, these guys can just as easily get COVID and spread it not playing football. Except they might not even know they have it and the risk of spread is even higher due to less or even no testing.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #307
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Once you're in and playing say, in the NFL at this point, I don't think they should have a choice about what they can and can't do.

"You want to play, this is what you'll do. No questions asked and if you break it, we're gonna fine you or suspend you".

College is a little different though with them not being pro's.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #308
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Once you're in and playing say, in the NFL at this point, I don't think they should have a choice about what they can and can't do.

"You want to play, this is what you'll do. No questions asked and if you break it, we're gonna fine you or suspend you".

College is a little different though with them not being pro's.
That’s not what I was arguing.

I’m simply talking about the choice to play or not play. That’s the freedom of choice I was referring to.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #309
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:

Unlike your car accident example, these guys can just as easily get COVID and spread it not playing football. Except they might not even know they have it and the risk of spread is even higher due to less or even no testing.
I didnt say anything about auto accidents. I pointed out that people were and are not given those choices in most or any places.
There again I didn't say I didn't believe in freedom of choice. I merely pointed out the way things are in this country.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #310
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I didnt say anything about auto accidents. I pointed out that people were and are not given those choices in most or any places.
There again I didn't say I didn't believe in freedom of choice. I merely pointed out the way things are in this country.

You make absolutely no sense. It’s like debating a 5 year old.

If you believe in freedom of choice to play or not play, then what are you arguing about?

You didn’t “say anything about auto accidents”, but you brought up seatbelts and helmets. That’s what I was clearly referring to.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #311
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
You make absolutely no sense. It’s like debating a 5 year old.

If you believe in freedom of choice to play or not play, then what are you arguing about?

You didn’t “say anything about auto accidents”, but you brought up seatbelts and helmets. That’s what I was clearly referring to.
I am and have been talking about how all these decisions are and will be made be people other than the players, coaches, etc. Therefore it is not up to them or us. Those decisions will be made by officials above them and it should be that way. Just the same as it is for a citizen and government officials.
You have been trying to act like you, the players and the coaches do and or should have a say and they absolutely should not in these type of instances.
When was the last time the citizens voted on true laws or amendments to the constitution? They don't the elected officials or hired ones by the team owners do all that stuff.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #312
The man you could post like.

Nebraska won't be going rogue after all.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #313
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I am and have been talking about how all these decisions are and will be made be people other than the players, coaches, etc. Therefore it is not up to them or us. Those decisions will be made by officials above them and it should be that way. Just the same as it is for a citizen and government officials.
You have been trying to act like you, the players and the coaches do and or should have a say and they absolutely should not in these type of instances.
When was the last time the citizens voted on true laws or amendments to the constitution? They don't the elected officials or hired ones by the team owners do all that stuff.

We’re clearly done here. You probably agree with the politicians that went out to protest in their cities while telling people they can’t make a living. Good to know you blindly submit to authority. No wonder you’re living in fear.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #314
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:

We’re clearly done here. You probably agree with the politicians that went out to protest in their cities while telling people they can’t make a living. Good to know you blindly submit to authority. No wonder you’re living in fear.
There you go again making blind assumptions that are wrong to try and insult someone. As they said in Pulp Fiction you are an ass out of you and umption.
Not my fault or problem you can't handle the way things are. Again I am not living in fear. I do roughly 90% of things just like always.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #315
In Search of a Life

Quote:
There you go again making blind assumptions that are wrong to try and insult someone. As they said in Pulp Fiction you are an ass out of you and umption.
Not my fault or problem you can't handle the way things are. Again I am not living in fear. I do roughly 90% of things just like always.

Not my fault that you’re talking out of both sides of your mouth. Maybe if you made sense and were consistent I wouldn’t have to assume anything.

On one hand you’re saying you believe in freedom of choice, but your take on all of this contradicts that.

You completely ignore the fact that they’re all probably safer in a controlled environment where they’re tested regularly while pretending they’re any less likely to get COVID outside of football.

You bring up Andy Reid potentially getting it as if you believe the NFL should shut it down as well. Ignoring the fact that Reid is a grown ass man that is willing to take the risk to do what he loves. Why should I feel guilty if Reid gets sick? It’s his choice, not mine.

Truth is, I really don’t know what you believe, because you’re not making any sense.

Last edited by staylor26; 08-13-2020 at 02:19 PM..