Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #39181
In Search of a Life

If wearing a mask everywhere for 90 days puts this thing in the ground, for ****s sake, lets just do it and be done with it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #39182
Please squeeze

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-07-15/...-robert-peston

Quote:
I am hearing there will be positive news soon (perhaps tomorrow) on initial trials of the Oxford Covid-19 vaccine that is backed by AstraZeneca and supported by tens of millions of pounds of government money.

The first data is due be published in the Lancet.

Apparently the vaccine is generating the kind of antibody and T-cell (killer cell) response that the researchers would hope to see.

That said, the efficacy will only be properly established in the large phase III programme that is under way in the viral epicentre of Brazil, to deliver a large database that assesses safety as well as efficacy.

One source told me: “An important point to keep in mind is that there are two dimensions to the immune response: antibodies and T-cells..

“Everybody is focussed on antibodies but there is a growing body of evidence suggesting that the T-cells response is important in the defence against coronavirus.

As I understand, not all of the many vaccines under development across the world increase both antibodies and T-cells. But the Oxford vaccine looks as though it has this twin effect.

It remains relatively early days: No effective vaccine has ever been developed as rapidly as is being attempted for Covid-19. And there could still be disappointment and failure.

If the Oxford vaccine is proven effective, it could go into mass production as early as September.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #39183
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Arizona and Texas MAYBE showing signs of turning over and coming down the curve. Maybe.

Florida and California not yet though.
So I have pretty much just focused on the JoCo dashboard but I just peeped the Kansas dashboard and was a bit surprised. No one under the age of 29 has died in Ks and only 66 people under the age of 64, which I would consider working age, have died in the entire state. In 4 months.

I really would have thought it to be worse to be honest. But those numbers reassure me that we need to make efforts to get the schools opened. I could see older Teachers wanting to do the remote teaching and of course Parents have the option for hybrid and\or remote learning. But in class has got to be on the table at this point.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #39184
Life is changing..

This is a good video. I can't embed on mobile.

https://youtu.be/bZpw3qllNhc
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #39185
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
Pete, it was a joke you emotional man. Who hurt you in this thread?
I was calling you a dip shit for not recommending cocaine.....keep up
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #39186
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post

Start mass producing now. If it doesn't hold up, throw it out. Certainly someone can fund this.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #39187
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
This is a good video. I can't embed on mobile.

https://youtu.be/bZpw3qllNhc
Let me help...

Old 07-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #39188
Please squeeze

Quote:

Start mass producing now. If it doesn't hold up, throw it out. Certainly someone can fund this.

Agreed and the US has already made a huge purchase for 400 million doses
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #39189
Supporter

Quote:
If wearing a mask everywhere for 90 days puts this thing in the ground, for ****s sake, lets just do it and be done with it.
I would agree. However all it takes is one person who is infected to flare it all up again.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #39190
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
That needed to happen in March when people were actually scared.

If they came out and said mandatory nation wide mask for 4 weeks then we wont have 1 restriction people may buy in but there is too much skepticism at this point.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #39191
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I was calling you a dip shit for not recommending cocaine.....keep up
Ah.. I see. Well, I’m not sure cocaine would help. Although, I have learned all sorts of holistic medicine from the help desk today.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 07-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #39192
In Search of a Life

Quote:

They are.

They said they could have a billion or so by October, I think. That may be pfizer though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:29 PM   #39193
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:

Like the commercials always end...."blah blah blah Can't afford this medication? AstraZenica can help."
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #39194
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
That needed to happen in March when people were actually scared.

If they came out and said mandatory nation wide mask for 4 weeks then we wont have 1 restriction people may buy in but there is too much skepticism at this point.
Yup. They lost trust when they lied about the mask thing initially (no matter their intentions).
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #39195
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Agreed and the US has already made a huge purchase for 400 million doses