Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:15 PM   #29866
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Why would we have food shortages?
Dude its been explained a million times.

Farm's have finite resources and can only support so many animals. Culling is already happening right now because again there is no DEMAND.

So in a couple of months we will be having serious food problems, especially in the meat section.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #29867
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
We could have meat shortages. We won't have food shortages, though, outside of some remote areas.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #29868
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I don't think anyone who thinks that's a good idea thinks it's a fun time. This entire situation sucks either way.
At some point, tough decisions are gonna have to be made I'd imagine.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #29869
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
We could have meat shortages. We won't have food shortages, though, outside of some remote areas.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #29870
Hockey Town

BWillie ate to many cheeze its while playing golden tee so you can't buy anymore ok?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #29871
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Dude its been explained a million times.

Farm's have finite resources and can only support so many animals. Culling is already happening right now because again there is no DEMAND.

So in a couple of months we will be having serious food problems, especially in the meat section.
So, what's the problem? Are people getting sick or something, and can't process the animals?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #29872

Quote:

culling
/ˈkəliNG/
Learn to pronounce
Filter definitions by topic
See definitions in:
All
Ecology
Farming
noun
reduction of a wild animal population by selective slaughter.
"kangaroo culling"
the action of sending an inferior or surplus farm animal to be slaughtered.
"local areas affected by livestock culling"
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #29873
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
It will do better than if all the population is prevented from going out.
I agree.

I've gone out multiple times each week since the lockdowns in Los Angeles began and I have to say, it's helped my peace of mind immensely. I don't mind masks and gloves and if those are required in order to open things back up, I'm all for it. I think the Coronavirus team has done the best they could, given this situation and while some of the guidelines have changed since early March, I think people have a pretty good handle on what to expect.

But the longer we wait to restart the economy and get people back to work, the more people will be permanently out of a job, which could lead to evictions and foreclosures, not to mention the shuttering of truly legitimate small business, not Ruth's Chris or the LA Lakers, but true Mom & Pops and Single Entity proprietorship's.

If masks (and gloves) are required to open businesses, allow the major sports to resume and even open Disneyland, so be it. I might not be "back to normal" but we need to get back to as much normalcy as we can and as soon as possible.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:20 PM   #29874

Quote:
So, what's the problem? Are people getting sick or something, and can't process the animals?
I think its a matter of packing plants not having demand for animals (Places to eat being shut down mass event's etc)

and

The fact farmers because of demand have no were to sell their current adult stock so they are not breeding. They have to in order to protect their operations.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:21 PM   #29875

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I agree.

I've gone out multiple times each week since the lockdowns in Los Angeles began and I have to say, it's helped my peace of mind immensely. I don't mind masks and gloves and if those are required in order to open things back up, I'm all for it. I think the Coronavirus team has done the best they could, given this situation and while some of the guidelines have changed since early March, I think people have a pretty good handle on what to expect.

But the longer we wait to restart the economy and get people back to work, the more people will be permanently out of a job, which could lead to evictions and foreclosures, not to mention the shuttering of truly legitimate small business, not Ruth's Chris or the LA Lakers, but true Mom & Pops and Single Entity proprietorship's.

If masks (and gloves) are required to open businesses, allow the major sports to resume and even open Disneyland, so be it. I might not be "back to normal" but we need to get back to as much normalcy as we can and as soon as possible.
Rep
Old 05-11-2020, 02:21 PM   #29876
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The real elephant here that isn't being addressed, until you solve the virus the economy is going to ****ed with or without a shutdown.

The economy is not returning if half the population is scared of catching something.
Or perhaps they will see that the half has gone out, things have not gotten worse and the economy is not tanking at nearly the rate as before. And perhaps then they will finally decide that it is okay to start to venture out. Not to mention that there will probably be some kind of vaccine at some point.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #29877
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I think its a matter of packing plants not having demand for animals (Places to eat being shut down mass event's etc)

and

The fact farmers because of demand have no were to sell their current adult stock so they are not breeding. They have to in order to protect their operations.
Okay.

1. At least 16 meatpacking plants are currently closed

As of April 29, at least 19 U.S. meatpacking plants and five processed food plants have closed due to a shortage of workers. An estimated 5,300 plant workers across the nation have been confirmed to be ill with the novel coronavirus. Many thousands more have stopped going to work, either because they are required to quarantine at home in the face of possible exposure to the virus or simply because they refuse to labor under what many say were unsafe working conditions.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #29878
In Search of a Life

If places start opening and shit doesn't go off the rails, people will slowly get back to normal.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #29879

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If places start opening and shit doesn't go off the rails, people will slowly get back to normal.
Pretty much, but the media is trying to hype it. Yet we still haven't seen hospitals in Florida and Georgia get overwhelmed or close to it yet. Of course there is a lag, but I think once a few more state open up and they dont see New York we will be back on pace for getting going again.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #29880

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I really don't think it'll be an all or nothing thing. There are some areas that will be fine. And the reality is there are probably areas that will see spikes and have to close things down again. The problem is you have no idea where that'll be. You're basically just spinning the roulette wheel and hoping it doesn't land on you.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.