Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:45 PM   #6961
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I get stopping the young people partying and such, but that seems a bit much. You can't even go a for a walk along the beach now?
Its spring break. They are making tons of money off these spring breakers. It has to have been real hard for these local officials to close the beaches. Businesses and people counting on that money every year.

The general consensus is that they acted after all the bad publicity and videos of masses of people frolicking on the beaches went viral. It was a bad look in a crisis.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:46 PM   #6962
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Its already been approved for treatment from what I read earlier. WTH who knows what to believe anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I wonder if that speaks primarily to wholesale implementation.

Hamas mentioned certain demographics don't respond well or suffer adverse side effects due to these cocktails (IIRC) and that would seem to suggest that maybe they're going to have to firm up data before they simply take their hands off the wheel and allow it to be used across the board.

Especially if, as I believe Hamas suggested, there are concerns over growing resistance and thus long-term declines in efficacy.

But it would seem that they could allow targeted applications fairly quickly. And public pressure will mount exponentially to do exactly that.
They're some demographics that have side effects, but those IIRC, are able to me monitored and treated on their own.

They're doing a huge test of this in France right now that we should have some good results on in a week.

I'm hopeful. I talked to a pharmacy buddy about it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:46 PM   #6963
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
for science.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	science.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	120081  
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:46 PM   #6964
Chiefs

Loo
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #6965
"You like to drink?"

Politics but you'll hear no argument for me that we've made the wrong choices with China dating back to Nixon.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #6966
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Can someone explain this to me because I am honestly at a loss on this.

H1N1 first case was April 15th 2009, day 72 was June 26th and there were 1MM known cases in the US.

This is day 72 of Covid 19 and we are around 10,000 know n cases. This cant be THAt much lower just due to lack of testing can it?

Here is the timeline.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html
In short, yes, it is due to a lack of testing. Here is a daily update on the number of tests run by the CDC and public health labs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html

By day 72 of H1N1 we were averaging over 13K confirmations/day if you include all 72 days. That means there were literally millions of tests done in that time span.

With COVID-19 we're still at under 40K tests total, and the vast, vast majority of those have been in the past three weeks...meaning we lost close to two months of prep time and data collection.

Last edited by Fat Elvis; 03-19-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #6967
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post

Loo
**** around and find out China.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:49 PM   #6968
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Just boot his dumb ass. How many warnings does he get?
Geez.... a shit ton. He's a good dude and one of us. Seems like everyones vagina is exposed....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	francis.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	120082  
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:49 PM   #6969
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Just boot his dumb ass. How many warnings does he get?
maybe you should quit worrying about other posters and contribute some knowledge to the thread.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:51 PM   #6970
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They're some demographics that have side effects, but those IIRC, are able to me monitored and treated on their own.

They're doing a huge test of this in France right now that we should have some good results on in a week.

I'm hopeful. I talked to a pharmacy buddy about it.
My Mom is a pharmacist and is also very excited about these developments. She had talked to me about trials being done in other countries, but no news media here was giving it much attention.

This drug has been around since the 1950's I believe. It's cheap and fairly easy to make. There are possible side effects (as with any medication) - but that's a calculated risk we have to take.

Fire up the production line and get this shit out.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #6971
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
contribute some knowledge to the thread.
I would....but comparatively, I have no knowledge. I've got more info from this thread than I can get anywhere else!!
Old 03-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #6972
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I'm just saying that if anyone interferes with my ability to stress-type and subject you to my own thoughts as I attempt to organize them in real-time, I'm climbing a bell-tower somewhere.

Y'all are the only captive audience I have. You have to sit there and take it while I type things.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #6973
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
maybe you should quit worrying about other posters and contribute some knowledge to the thread.
Yes please offer your thoughts on our Boulder delema
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #6974
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
Geez.... a shit ton. He's a good dude and one of us. Seems like everyones vagina is exposed....
He is a dick he has been warned plenty times here and he says I'm sorry and does it again. He is an overreacting bs spreading blowhard.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #6975
"You like to drink?"

So you just blast asymptomatic people who have been in close verifiable proximity to confirmed infected with the malaria meds?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.