Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #4156
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
From what I'm reading smoking, existing lung issues, and age are what the worst cases have in common.

I'm a smoker myself but I've already started a dramatic cut down and hopefully fully quitting. It won't prevent anything - my lungs are already damaged - but it will prevent whatever is to come from being worse by adding to the problem.

If you are a smoker read up now on ACE 2 receptors, smoking, and the virus. I don't claim to fully understand the studies or medical papers but I understand enough to know smoking and this virus are a very bad combination.

Triage or prioritizing resources might have to start at some point and if it does how will a doc treat a patient they know is going to leave and go right back to destroying their lungs on purpose?

I'm a smoker and I realize this...
Are weed enthusiasts and vapers lumped into smoking numbers , just curious , also good luck quitting smoking I know how tough it can be .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:48 PM   #4157
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Good grief do a little research instead of jumping the gun to be first every time.
thought you were banned for political posts?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
The post by Chiefshrink is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #4159
Cheat Death

Quote:
Illinois Governor Considers Locking Down Restaurants and Bars in Wake of Coronavirus
Governor Pritzker’s remarks come after Saturday, when St. Patrick’s pub crawls packed bars and ignored social distancing

by Ashok Selvam@Shokdiesel Mar 15, 2020, 10:56am CDT
https://chicago.eater.com/2020/3/15/...19-coronavirus
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:51 PM   #4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Ditto, except I was the younger sibling. Kept occupied by playing with sticks, playing in the creek and waiting for the real cartoons to come on tv.
thats hilarious. Just sit at home. No one cares your bored.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #4161
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Rumor is they are going to say we have community spread here in Clinton due to a 72 yr old man that came to GVMH with a cold but no other symptoms really so they let him go home.

Sounds like they didn't quarantine the staff so.....
Jesus
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:53 PM   #4162
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
From what I'm reading smoking, existing lung issues, and age are what the worst cases have in common.

I'm a smoker myself but I've already started a dramatic cut down and hopefully fully quitting. It won't prevent anything - my lungs are already damaged - but it will prevent whatever is to come from being worse by adding to the problem.

I'm a smoker and I realize this...

I'm right there with you.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:54 PM   #4163
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Panic ??? It's the flu season folks !!! The flu has been in every country of the world at this time of year affecting the elderly the most in death since the dawn of time. Just over 600 cases in NY out of 8 million people who live there ? If it was time to panic those numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands by now IF this was serious. Just over 3000 cases confirmed nationally with 57 deaths out of 350 million as a nation ? IF this was serious these numbers nationally would be in the millions with thousands and thousands of deaths already. Sounds like the flu season to me. Oh No ! CBS has shut down there studio audiences because 2 employees out hundreds of employees have the flu !!!! Imagine that this time of year !!

It's the flu season folks !!

Not buying it !! The numbers just don't back it up and yes some countries are worse than others based on their preparedness or lack thereof.

What I do buy !!! "Never let a ginned up crisis go to waste" !!!

Yeah, we should wait until everyone has it before doing anything about it.

Leave the critical thinking to other people.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #4164
New and Improved

Quote:
Panic ??? It's the flu season folks !!! The flu has been in every country of the world at this time of year affecting the elderly the most in death since the dawn of time. Just over 600 cases in NY out of 8 million people who live there ? If it was time to panic those numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands by now IF this was serious. Just over 3000 cases confirmed nationally with 57 deaths out of 350 million as a nation ? IF this was serious these numbers nationally would be in the millions with thousands and thousands of deaths already. Sounds like the flu season to me. Oh No ! CBS has shut down there studio audiences because 2 employees out hundreds of employees have the flu !!!! Imagine that this time of year !!

It's the flu season folks !!

Not buying it !! The numbers just don't back it up and yes some countries are worse than others based on their preparedness or lack thereof.

What I do buy !!! "Never let a ginned up crisis go to waste" !!!

Since Dane isn't here to remind everybody..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	120054  
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
The post by Chiefshrink is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:02 PM   #4166
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Since Dane isn't here to remind everybody..
Yeah where is George Costanza ? I saw him not to long ago posting on here.

Where are the numbers then? Or should I say like this little ol lady from years ago said.

Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 6     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:05 PM   #4167
MVP

SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:06 PM   #4168
In Search of a Life

Ohio closing bars and restaurants too. Gyms and workout classes can't be far behind.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:07 PM   #4169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, we should wait until everyone has it before doing anything about it.

Leave the critical thinking to other people.
Quote:
You can just "Chicken Little" yourself right on down the road then continuing to make all those Lefty turns each and every day. Have fun wringing your hands.
bearcat is “chicken little” and a “lefty”. I’ve had a lot of differences with him over the years but I’ve never known those terms to be applicable to him.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #4170
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Those employees need every dime.

bummer.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.