Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #1306
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls6501 View Post
I think we have an advantage when comparing QBs as much as the next guy, but too many posters are painting Jimmy Garapolo to be an Alex Smith clone. Yes, Jimmy plays the game manager role. But he has a higher YPA than Mahomes does this year. Just wanted to point that out.
Jimmy G is fine. He is not as bad as presented to be by the media. He threw for almost 4,000 yards. Greater than a 2 to 1 TD to interception ration. 102 rating. Win at New Orleans where he scored 48 points. Win at Seattle. If the Packers allow us almost 300 yards rushing why would we pass? This team can pass. But if you can't stop the run we keep running. Shanahan does what keeps working.

Yes Mahomes is great. Most likely the best in the league. Nobody really argues that. But it is team against team. Not QB against QB.
SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #1307
Veteran

I am also not worried about the 49ers running all over us after this past weekend. I know the Titans run a vastly different rushing attack, but if you can shut down the best, you can certainly shut down Moster.
dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #1308
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangbangNinerGang View Post
Yards per attempt…

Jimmy Garoppolo: 8.4
Patrick Mahomes: 8.3

No one is saying Garoppolo is a better QB than Mahomes, but the facts are simple: The 49ers have a very capable passing game, and that’s what is ultimately relevant to this Super Bowl:
You know damn well those numbers are skewed due to the massive gap in attempts. Jimmy averages 26 attempts per game. Last 2 games he had 19 and 8 respectively. Doesn't exactly instill fear into opposing defenses or his coaches faith in him as a passer.
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #1309
MVP

Quote:
....Because of weather.....
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:36 PM   #1310
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Beans View Post
Maybe the Chiefs have seen some of it in practice? I think Andy Reid does some of this.

The idea that SF runs some kind of revolutionary offense that Reid couldn't draw up on a napkin from Q39 is laughable.
It is revolutionary, you are missing this. But will understand in two weeks. Watch Brian Baldingers breakdowns on twitter.
BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:36 PM   #1311
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Bosa: Some of the reason he won Rookie of the year is sacks, a greater portion of that, and why I stated what I did is what is not shown on the stat line,- like QB pressures.

Ford: I was not suggesting this just pointing out to the other poster he lines up elsewhere then he did in KC.

21- Niners favorite personnel group as well, I would guess there will be a lot of looks in practice this week for this and it will be interesting to see how often they use it considering.

Jimmy: I get there is not going to be an agreement, for sure. But his body of work this year is over shadowed by the D and run game. He threw for almost 3K yards (250 Yd avg), 27 TD's with a QBR of 102. Jimmy has had 10 games with a QBR over 100 this year, PM has had 9 (JG includes two games, Washington and Baltimore, where throwing wasn't much of an option). Not by anyway saying he's better, but he can be damn good when he needs to be.

I ****ed up and transposed. I meant to say 12 personnel. Two Tight Ends. KC is not in 21 very much (about 10 percent of snaps).

You’re going to see 85-90 percent of 12 and 11 (which plays like 4-WR because of Kelce).

Bosa is a great young player and might become the first Bosa to bring Mahomes down for a sack this game.

Pressures are key things, but still... stats don’t back up the idea of him owning those matchups. We’ll see, though.

As for Jimmy G, that’s the exact type of stuff Chiefs fans said about guys for years. It’s what a bunch of people - some in this thread - tried to tell me about Alex Smith in 2017, when he put up very similar numbers to Garoppolo this year (with the NFL’s leading rusher, best TE, and one dynamic receiver).

KC won’t ignore Garoppolo. He’ll, it didn’t even ignore Tannehill, who is clearly and obviously worse.

He answered the bell against the Saints. Can he do the same against the Chiefs? I understand why you think he can. I’m sure you understand why we’d take that bet with our guy...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #1312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego49er View Post
Jimmy G is fine. He is not as bad as presented to be by the media. He threw for almost 4,000 yards. Greater than a 2 to 1 TD to interception ration. 102 rating. Win at New Orleans where he scored 48 points. Win at Seattle. If the Packers allow us almost 300 yards rushing why would we pass? This team can pass. But if you can't stop the run we keep running. Shanahan does what keeps working.

Yes Mahomes is great. Most likely the best in the league. Nobody really argues that. But it is team against team. Not QB against QB.
I know it isnt QB vs. QB. And yes, we all know Mahomes is much better, you included. I was just trying to get other posters to realize that Jimmy is not an Alex Smith level game manager.
dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.dls6501 would the whole thing.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #1313
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
We play Bosa and Ingram twice a year.

We had to deal with Ngakoue/Campbell/Allen week 1

Yea yours is better/deeper, but we’ve dealt with an elite pass rush three times this season, and your secondary isn’t nearly as good as the Jags/Chargers.

Those elite pass rush teams with better DB’s kept us under 30 once, and that was when Mahomes was still getting healthy on an absolute shit field that neutralized our speed.
Wow. The Chargers are absolute GARBAGE. I live here in Southern CA. If you think the Chargers even remotely approach the talent we have on defense I don't even know what to tell you.
SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #1314
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
We play Bosa and Ingram twice a year.

We had to deal with Ngakoue/Campbell/Allen week 1

Yea yours is better/deeper, but we’ve dealt with an elite pass rush three times this season, and your secondary isn’t nearly as good as the Jags/Chargers.

Those elite pass rush teams with better DB’s kept us under 30 once, and that was when Mahomes was still getting healthy on an absolute shit field that neutralized our speed.
And Mahomes hadn't ascended to God Mode yet.

Folks are wanting to act like this is just a product of the last 2 defenses but they're kinda ignoring the incremental improvements we saw after the Patriots game.

Remember the mid-week rumors that he was upset with his performance against NE and got back to the drawing board w/r/t his footwork, etc...?

Then he came out against Denver and everything was just...fixed. Suddenly he was standing tall in the pocket, seeing all the angles, feeling the pressure and adjusting correctly, reading defenses damn near perfectly.

He leveled up in a big way. It isn't just the numbers, it's the confidence he's playing with and the complete command he has of this offense. He's ****ing Neo from the Matrix right now. He's seeing the field in code and in slow-motion.

Again - all that can save them is the delay and the hopes that it knocks PM out of his zone. Like I said before the Titans game, none of the analysis truly matters. If Patrick Mahomes plays like he's played the last 2 weeks, the 49ers will lose.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #1315
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Wow. The Chargers are absolute GARBAGE. I live here in Southern CA. If you think the Chargers even remotely approach the talent we have on defense I don't even know what to tell you.
You’re the one who says we’re about to face a real pass rush for once. Does LA not qualify? A team with Bosa’s ****ing clone on it?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #1316
MVP

Quote:
I am also not worried about the 49ers running all over us after this past weekend. I know the Titans run a vastly different rushing attack, but if you can shut down the best, you can certainly shut down Moster.
We’ll see about that. I think it’s entirely possible that the Niners do whatever they want on offense and score a ton of points.

I also think it’s entirely possible that KC will have plenty of success against this supposedly 1985 Bears level defense for the Niners. I think their fans are underestimating Mahomes and his OL/weapons. The same Belichick defense that COMPLETELY shut down a 30 ppg Rams offense in the Super Bowl got torched for 30+ in a single half by KC.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #1317
Starter

Quote:
I know it isnt QB vs. QB. And yes, we all know Mahomes is much better, you included. I was just trying to get other posters to realize that Jimmy is not an Alex Smith level game manager.
That is correct. As a 49ers fan I can tell you he is light years better than Alex Smith or Kaepernick. He is portrayed as some Alex Smith level game manager. Who you would know also because you had him for a few years. But he is far superior to that. If you bring 8 - 9 guys up in the box he can and will throw deep to Kittle, Emmanuel Sanders and Deebo Samuel. And he will hit some of those for TD's. He is a capable QB. Much more functional than Alex Smith game manger level. LOL.

Yes Mahomes is super great. We all agree including me. I think he is extraordinary in a lot of ways. Throwing form the pocket, scrambling, and buying more time to throw. His arm strength and accuracy are outstanding. He also reads the field really well and makes excellent decisions.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #1318
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Oh look another idiot 49ers fan that doesn’t know shit about the Chargers defense.

Their best player missed the first 12 weeks, but you probably don’t even know that or who he even is because you guys clearly don’t have a clue talking about the AFC, regardless of where you live.

Please try to argue that you have a better secondary. Please.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:44 PM   #1319
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I ****ed up and transposed. I meant to say 12 personnel. Two Tight Ends. KC is not in 21 very much (about 10 percent of snaps).

You’re going to see 85-90 percent of 12 and 11 (which plays like 4-WR because of Kelce).

Bosa is a great young player and might become the first Bosa to bring Mahomes down for a sack this game.

Pressures are key things, but still... stats don’t back up the idea of him owning those matchups. We’ll see, though.

As for Jimmy G, that’s the exact type of stuff Chiefs fans said about guys for years. It’s what a bunch of people - some in this thread - tried to tell me about Alex Smith in 2017, when he put up very similar numbers to Garoppolo this year (with the NFL’s leading rusher, best TE, and one dynamic receiver).

KC won’t ignore Garoppolo. He’ll, it didn’t even ignore Tannehill, who is clearly and obviously worse.

He answered the bell against the Saints. Can he do the same against the Chiefs? I understand why you think he can. I’m sure you understand why we’d take that bet with our guy...
I do. And I appreciate the good exchange.
BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BangbangNinerGang < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:44 PM   #1320
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
We’ll see about that. I think it’s entirely possible that the Niners do whatever they want on offense and score a ton of points.

I also think it’s entirely possible that KC will have plenty of success against this supposedly 1985 Bears level defense for the Niners. I think their fans are underestimating Mahomes and his OL/weapons. The same Belichick defense that COMPLETELY shut down a 30 ppg Rams offense in the Super Bowl got torched for 30+ in a single half by KC.
There was nothing more frustrating than spotting them 5 yards 3 or 4 times against TN.

You KNEW a conversion was coming at that point. When it's 1st and 5 against a premier run team, they're gonna convert. You know it, I know it and they know it. So even when they get stuffed for a 1 yard gain, it's 2nd and 4 now and they're STILL gonna convert.

So please. Pretty pretty please with sugar on top. PLEASE don't commit these silly little penalties on 1st down that are almost entirely self-inflicted. Make 'em work to stay ahead of the sticks and sooner or later just about any run-dominant attack will stumble just enough to get passed by.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.