Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #721
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Don’t care what the numbers say. This game comes down to one thing. If, and it’s a big if, but if our Oline can deal with the Niners front 4 the game won’t be close. If the Niners front 4 does their thing, it’s gonna be a dog fight.

So you are saying the Chiefs 26th ranked defense against the run won't play a part in the outcome ?

You are saying that Kyle Shanahan won't create a game plan specifically to to take advantage of a very average if not very below average run defense?

Do not hold your breath.
ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ClarkForTheWin < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:21 PM   #722
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Well . . . you seem nice.

Seriously . . .

I don't know which team is better. yet. If I decide to break down the numbers and the film, I might be able to come up with an idea. But my eye test says that the 49ers are a more complete team. I give the Niners the nod on defense, though I don't think it's as wide a gap as it was 10 weeks ago. Or even 4 weeks ago. This defense has come further than I thought possible in one season.

But it's not perfect. It does have holes, such as at MLB. And at CB. And right now with the loss of Thornhill we have a bit of a hole at safety.

Obviously, the Niners have a much better run game. But our defense has faced speed rushers, in tandem before this season a few times. No one quite as faster as Mostert and Breida, but we faced Breida last year. I expect Spagnuolo to have some ideas for how to contain them better than your previous opponents. We won't stop them entirely, but I don't believe that Spags will let them run for 225 yards either.

What your secondary has to do is keep Pat from picking them apart. No one has done that. Ever. Belichick managed to do it for a half. Twice. And that's it.

I'm curious to see what your DC comes up with. I know it will involve pressure, because that's the strength of your passing defense. But I also know that Reid has already come up several plans for how to neutralize that pass rush.

And then there's Pat. The #1 QB against the blitz. The #1 QB against zone coverage. #3 against man. #1 passing QB when scrambling.

I think the first half will be a dogfight. The last two teams we faced couldn't generate consistent pressure. SF won't have that problem. They will get pressure on Pat. It will probably fluster him initially. We might even be trailing at the half. But he'll figure it out. And he'll score 32-35 points.

Then what will Jimmy do? Is he going to be the guy that throws up a couple INTs or is he better than that now, and he plays a clean game?

It'll be interesting.
I do think the 49ers are the better team overall(more complete), but I think Patrick Mahomes is so good that it just won't matter. In other words, if I had to choose the 49ers roster without a QB or the Chiefs roster without a QB, I'm taking the Niners, but because the Chiefs have the best QB in the league, and certainly a much better one than the Niners QB, that will give them the edge.

Jimmy is better than anyone gives him credit for, but he is still mistake prone. That said, he can make every throw in the book, he just has to stop forcing throws when they aren't there.
8taylor2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:22 PM   #723
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8taylor2 View Post
Why are Chiefs fans shitting on sidewalks? At least 49ers fans are civilized.

;-)

Why??? Because 90% of all chiefs fans are shaped just like Andy Reid.
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-20-2020, 10:25 PM   #724
Forever Royal

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

The Chiefs pretty clearly were holding the offense back a little later in the season and they essentially shut down the offense basically all season in the fourth quarter when points weren’t needed when the Chiefs won by two or more scores. It has led to not getting nearly as many points as they easily could have and is really the only reason they don’t have the number one ranked offense statistically.

The Chiefs won 7 games by two or more scores. In the fourth quarter of those games they scored 38 points for 5.4 points per fourth quarter.

For comparison The 49ers had eight games won by two or more scores and in the fourth quarter of those games they scored 66 points for a 8.25 average.

The Chiefs offense has been the best all season despite what people want to say about the Ravens or someone else. And you are seeing it in the playoffs with us no longer holding back the scoring.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:25 PM   #725
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin View Post
So you are saying the Chiefs 26th ranked defense against the run won't play a part in the outcome ?

You are saying that Kyle Shanahan won't create a game plan specifically to to take advantage of a very average if not very below average run defense?

Do not hold your breath.
See what I mean about out-dated over-generalized stats? This will be the narrative next season as well . . . "the Chiefs have the 26th worst run defense in the league . . ." nonsense nonsense nonsense . . .
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:25 PM   #726
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Don’t care what the numbers say. This game comes down to one thing. If, and it’s a big if, but if our Oline can deal with the Niners front 4 the game won’t be close. If the Niners front 4 does their thing, it’s gonna be a dog fight.
I think it's entirely possible the Chiefs offense has a ton of success AND it's a dog fight of a game. San Fran's offense is pretty legit, very strong OL and really good playcalling. Mix in some fast RB's with an elite tight end. It wouldn't shock me if both teams get to 35 points.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:28 PM   #727
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
See what I mean about out-dated over-generalized stats? This will be the narrative next season as well . . . "the Chiefs have the 26th worst run defense in the league . . ." nonsense nonsense nonsense . . .

Don’t use stats to point out abt flaws of the Chiefs. Got cha.

Please explain without using stats why Mahomes is better than Watson?
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #728
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
No. I get it. Stats that make the Chiefs look anything less than stellar are not to be talked about because that’s not who they are now. Yet on the flip side 9ers are better offensively and defensively but all y’all wanna talk about is the last 9 games. Why? Because those stats better fit the narrative that your team is better than ours.

I’ll say this for the last time. Chiefs are a great team. I won’t be surprised if we lost to y’all. But the respect isn’t mutual. Our team is so much more beneath you that the possibility of losing to the 9ers is completely incomprehensible.

No one. I mean, no one believe Jimmy G is the better QB. Heck if we don’t trade for Jimmy, Mahomes might just be a 9er. But in the end I think both teams got their QB. Yes Mahomes is better. Would I rather have Mahomes over Jimmy, yes. There’sa good 28 other teams that would say the same thing.
Ehh...they say stats don't lie, but thats bullshit. Stats can be manipulated by both sides. I honestly don't care about them. It's just fun to look at.

Here's the only stat I care about: we haven't been to the super bowl in 50 ****ing years. When was your last trip? Like 6 years ago or something? Shit...most people on this board went through middle school, high school, college, a marriage, a divorce, another marriage, marriage counseling, and then another divorce, then watched their kids graduate, then college, and became grandparents, and then great-grandparents. Most of us stopped wondering if we were going to be alive to watch this day, and instead started to wonder if our kids would live long enough to see this day.

6 ****ing years is all you had to wait. Christ, the Lord of The Rings trilogy is older than your last trip. The new Star Wars trilogy is almost as old.

So, for you to say you get no respect...I get that, but **** your feelings of being upset over it. You won't get very much of it here. We've waited too long, been through too much, and every damn one of us knows that stats don't mean shit right now. Because we're gonna kick that ass and nothing will stop us. We're bringing that trophy back home with us when we leave Miami.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:32 PM   #729
MVP

Quote:
Don’t use stats to point out abt flaws of the Chiefs. Got cha.

Please explain without using stats why Mahomes is better than Watson?
Arm talent perhaps. Eye test shows that one.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:32 PM   #730
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
Ehh...they say stats don't lie, but thats bullshit. Stats can be manipulated by both sides. I honestly don't care about them. It's just fun to look at.

Here's the only stat I care about: we haven't been to the super bowl in 50 ****ing years. When was your last trip? Like 6 years ago or something? Shit...most people on this board went through middle school, high school, college, a marriage, a divorce, another marriage, marriage counseling, and then another divorce, then watched their kids graduate, then college, and became grandparents, and then great-grandparents. Most of us stopped wondering if we were going to be alive to watch this day, and instead started to wonder if our kids would live long enough to see this day.

6 ****ing years is all you had to wait. Christ, the Lord of The Rings trilogy is older than your last trip. The new Star Wars trilogy is almost as old.

So, for you to say you get no respect...I get that, but **** your feelings of being upset over it. You won't get very much of it here. We've waited too long, been through too much, and every damn one of us knows that stats don't mean shit right now. Because we're gonna kick that ass and nothing will stop us. We're bringing that trophy back home with us when we leave Miami.

I respect all that man!!! Bravo to you and you fan base!!! Great post!!!

One thing tho, the runner up doesn’t get a trophy to take home.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:33 PM   #731
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
**** SF and their awful restaurants.
I lived in SF for 5 years and I can confirm the food in KC is much better. The only things I really liked in SF are oysters, crabs, falaffel/shwarma places, and Mission burritos. The Italian food is good but KC is just as good. Everything else is overpriced fine dining shlock.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #732
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Arm talent perhaps. Eye test shows that one.
I’m not sure of the eye test with this one. Watson is one helluva QB.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:35 PM   #733
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin View Post

Do not hold your breath.

Did you not watch the game yesterday? You didn't, did you?

You really think that Derrick Henry couldn't get going but your guys are going to dominate?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 PM   #734
MVP

Quote:
I’m not sure of the eye test with this one. Watson is one helluva QB.
One helluva QB who doesn't throw the football like Mahomes. Lie to yourself all you want on that one. Do you want me to provide their Combine velocity numbers?

By the way, "one helluva QB" Watson has choked in 2 playoff games and was bailed out by an even bigger choke from Josh Allen. I'm pretty damn confident if roles were reversed, Mahomes would not have lost a game by 20 points after leading by 24. Would have been a lot more competitive in the 4th quarter. Deshaun disappeared in the 2nd half.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 PM   #735
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Did you not watch the game yesterday? You didn't, did you?

You really think that Derrick Henry couldn't get going but your guys are going to dominate?

We shut down Rogers for the majority of the game. What makes you think we won’t do the same to Mahomes??

Same logic.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote