Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #19
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
How was I comparing apples to oranges??????

Quote:
The 660p is slower than most consumer NVMe drives. It uses QLC NAND which is the slowest, least endurance, and bogs down at like 3/4 max capacity of the drive, but it's the cheapest. So it still has it's purpose as it's faster than SATA and you can get a lot of it for less, but it's just not something I'm interested in, especially when the sales on it arent all that great comparatively.
I was comparing NVMe gen 3 vs NVMe gen 3. That's not apples to oranges.

One is built cheaper and sold at nearly the same cost because its made by Intel.

The SX8200 Pro goes on sale nearly monthly for around $100, sometimes less. But even then you have the Sabrent Rocket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGF54XR...ogi&th=1&psc=1 or HP EX950 https://www.newegg.com/hp-ex950-1tb/...pRgnFi76nJ5KJA to go against that Samsung 970 Evo.

Like you said, to each their own. But you can save a whole lot of money when you realize that the overwhelming majority of NVMe's are made with the same internals, mainly Phison E12/TLC/Toshiba/64 layers. A few like the SX8200 Pro/HP EX9## use a SMI controller and Micron NAND and some drives are being updated to gen 4 and 96 layers and Samsung has their own memory but they charge a pretty premium for it and the gains arent linear with the price, you can literally buy a Gen 4 Sabrent Rocket 1TB for the same price as a 970 Evo Plus 1TB... compare those drives against each other. Not going to knock anyone for buying Samsung because they are top tier drives, but for me its just not worth the added cost and I have a Samsung SATA as my boot drive in the computer I'm using right now that I built 6 years ago.
The bolded parts was what I was talking about with apples to oranges.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.