Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #2731
Be Kind To Your Pets

At least Mondesi broke the shutout. This game has been super hard to watch. I've got it on in the background while I do other things. Meesh my cat gave up on it in the sixth and went in to sleep on the sofa.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #2732
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Oh what a travesty the Dayton Moore era of four straight seasons of competitive baseball, two pennants and one championship ring has brought Kansas City fans.
And our system isn’t comparable to 2006 - it’s much deeper, exciting, and if development goes well (with a little luck sprinkled in), we could be contending again in 2020-2021.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #2733
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
Eight years to get a winning record? Nine to make the playoffs. Ten to win a championship. Two years of hovering around five hundred, and now a team that could be one of the worst ever. How long does he get to turn it back around? This is where KC decides if they're going to try to stay up on the level with the big boys, or not.

I know that they're not other teams that won't tolerate losing. They're not the Marlins either. Are they just going to be in the middle of that spectrum? Is it due to being in a small market? Is it Glass?

Your math is off. Moore became GM mid season 2006. 2007 was his first full year in control of the team.

He inherited the worst major league roster in baseball as well as the worst farm system - a two-prospect system. The only other young player of note was Zack Greinke, who had long since exhausted his prospect status and who almost quit Baseball to start a lawn mowing business within a month or two of Moore becoming the GM.

They built the system up with high school draft picks and international signings - thinks that take a long time to get to the majors.

They had an elite farm system by 2010 and the best farm system in baseball by 2”11 (four year). In that timespan, Moore’s team completely overhauled the Royals approach in Latin America and made thema player there again.

They had a winning team in 2013 (his seventh season at the helm), and won pennants and a World Series in in 8th and 9th seasons.

They’re not starting over at ground zero like in 2006. They’re 2-3 years ahead of that curve, easily.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #2734
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

They’re not starting over at ground zero like in 2006. They’re 2-3 years ahead of that curve, easily.
Wouldn't ****ing think it based on the comments in this thread.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #2735
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I like to hope Mondesi can be a somebody as he shows flashes, however Soler and Bonifacio don't fit the profiles of what the Royals implied they cared about..unless you're keeping one for DH and showing the other for trade.

Just the idea of those 2 guys on the corners at the K for a contending team doesn't give me confidence in the defense.
They can say what they want but Moose, Hos, and Gordon weren't drafted because of their defense.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #2736
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Wouldn't ****ing think it based on the comments in this thread.
Well when this year started the royals were literally considered to have the worst farm system in the league.

Personally I'm disappointed because the Royals were never supposed to return this this level of shit. There was suppose to be a level of guys always on the come since the farm system got turned around. Down years were supposed to be years like say last year. We were never supposed to get back to a spot where they were a bottom feeder with years of minor league rebuilding needed.

I have a I'll believe it when I see it stance on any of the guys now since honestly Moore hasn't truly hit on a draft pick since Eric Hosmer and that is why they sit where they do today.

I just find it a bit pathetic that in the process of building a major league winner the farm system turned back into a pumpkin and we sit right back as one of the worst.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:12 PM   #2737
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Your math is off. Moore became GM mid season 2006. 2007 was his first full year in control of the team.

He inherited the worst major league roster in baseball as well as the worst farm system - a two-prospect system. The only other young player of note was Zack Greinke, who had long since exhausted his prospect status and who almost quit Baseball to start a lawn mowing business within a month or two of Moore becoming the GM.

They built the system up with high school draft picks and international signings - thinks that take a long time to get to the majors.

They had an elite farm system by 2010 and the best farm system in baseball by 2”11 (four year). In that timespan, Moore’s team completely overhauled the Royals approach in Latin America and made thema player there again.

They had a winning team in 2013 (his seventh season at the helm), and won pennants and a World Series in in 8th and 9th seasons.

They're my second or third favorite team. I thought that he was hired early in 2006 before the season had started
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #2738
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
They can say what they want but Moose, Hos, and Gordon weren't drafted because of their defense.
No they weren't but lets also know that Moore didn't draft Gordon and the other 2 guys well any dipshit can play first and Moose...well he was a high school SS so he had to have some type of athletic talent.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #2739
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Well when this year started the royals were literally considered to have the worst farm system in the league.

Personally I'm disappointed because the Royals were never supposed to return this this level of shit. There was suppose to be a level of guys always on the come since the farm system got turned around. Down years were supposed to be years like say last year. We were never supposed to get back to a spot where they were a bottom feeder with years of minor league rebuilding needed.

I have a I'll believe it when I see it stance on any of the guys now since honestly Moore hasn't truly hit on a draft pick since Eric Hosmer and that is why they sit where they do today.

I just find it a bit pathetic that in the process of building a major league winner the farm system turned back into a pumpkin and we sit right back as one of the worst.

Considering the economic disparity of Baseball, is it fair to expect the second-smallest market to be consistently good year-in, year-out, at the major league level?

It isn’t, IMO.

They did a bad job adjusting to the new rules when the draft slots went into place and haven’t done as well in the draft as they need to in order to keep the pipeline turning over.

But they also have very clearly deviated from the approaches that did not work for them previously in the draft. We’ve got a three draft trend of moving away from highly projectable HS arms and taking more polished pitchers with upside and college hitters with higher floor and more developed hitting skills.

As for that farm system, it’s got a lot of helium right now and I’d expect to be ranked more in the middle of systems preseason 2019.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #2740
I’m a Mahomo!

This is a race that is going down to the last weekend.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #2741
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

I will say say I like the trend of college pitchers and how we got the Japanese kid.

Question, why didn't other teams fight the rule change on Latin players and overspending? It is bs there is no cap in baseball but they want to limit it elsewhere. To me that is just to hinder small market teams from getting to more players. It just happened to coincide with royals rise of small ball and defense. After result was stopping the signings by a limit and juicing the ball.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #2742
Shit

Quote:
Winning a world series should not be an excuse for having a crappy farm system or returning to bottom feeder status, it shouldn't be an excuse or a blanket answer that makes it ok. I don't see Houston being ranked last in prospects or saying they're going to suck now cause they won.
Posted via Mobile Device
How did those Mets pitchers turn out? Pretty sure we played the orioles in the playoffs a couple years ago, how are they doing these days? What about the offensive juggernaut blue Jays from the playoffs? Angels?

All teams that sacrificed players and the future to get a chance to win a world series.

Difference between then and us right now? We went to two and won one.

Shut the **** up please.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #2743
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

I still would like a team to try this. Quality starting pitchers cost a fortune, if they flop it can sink a team.
Why not take the metrics further on 3rd time through the batting order.
Go 3 to 4 starting pitchers. Replace those starters with relief. After 4 or 5th inning plug in relief per matchup unless starter is cruising or huge lead. Rest of the guys go only one inning. Everyone pitches less per day, but more per week.
Most of the starters wouldn't have to worry about a quality start. Just throw your best pitches, then next man up.

I think it would allow some teams to compete with out the star talent.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #2744
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
This is a race that is going down to the last weekend.
Wow.. We really, REALLY suck.

(Breaking news)
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #2745
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
How did those Mets pitchers turn out? Pretty sure we played the orioles in the playoffs a couple years ago, how are they doing these days? What about the offensive juggernaut blue Jays from the playoffs? Angels?

All teams that sacrificed players and the future to get a chance to win a world series.

Difference between then and us right now? We went to two and won one.

Shut the **** up please.
No need to be an ass.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.