Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 PM  
MVP

***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Week 1 Megathread *****

This is merely a repository for information. All points of discussion that deserve their own thread should have one, without dip********s posting Q.

Get excited:
Spoiler!

SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

Roster:

http://www.chiefs.com/team/roster.html

New Twitter feed - thanks SNR!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 07-27-2017 at 01:00 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #2731
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post
Yeah, the shitbag eagles cut him after he passed a physical so they wouldn't have to give an injury settlement.

Im onboard with Matthews.
Matthews is walking injury settlement. The man has had ONE healthy season his entire career.

He couldn't even stay healthy as a back up role-player in Philly.

And you'd be on board with him?

ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #2732
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
The Chiefs kept 6 RBs on the roster when McKnight was here. Chiefs will probably keep all. Plus West has a 1.1 mil cap hit if we cut him
I keep thinking Spiller will be used similarly to how we used McKnight. Man, that dude had a hell of a game for us one year...with some interesting plays, if I remember correctly.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #2733
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Matthews is walking injury settlement. The man has had ONE healthy season his entire career.

He couldn't even stay healthy as a back up role-player in Philly.

And you'd be on board with him?

He wont be getting snaps as a 4th RB. Talented/Injury prone. Bury him on the depth chart for cheap just in case.

Cant have a whole team of all pros.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #2734
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I keep thinking Spiller will be used similarly to how we used McKnight. Man, that dude had a hell of a game for us one year...with some interesting plays, if I remember correctly.
It was against the Dolphins in Miami.

One of the few games I've been able to go see over the past few years. Of course we play Miami, Jacksonville, and Tampa in KC between this year and last
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #2735

Quote:
In order to do that he'd have to beat out West. If he's not, at the very least, splitting 3rd team reps with West then he won't make the team.

I was high on Spiller and had hopes for him. But 4th on the depth chart is more indicative to how the Chiefs feel than a feel-good tweet. Coach speak gonna coach speak.

He's got two games to rise up the chart and overtake West, but until then fluffy-fluff gonna fluff.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #2736
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Me too. Spiller has a role on this team I think.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #2737

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
It was against the Dolphins in Miami.

One of the few games I've been able to go see over the past few years. Of course we play Miami, Jacksonville, and Tampa in KC between this year and last
That had to have been pretty cool to see.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #2738
Mahomosapien

Quote:
In order to do that he'd have to beat out West. If he's not, at the very least, splitting 3rd team reps with West then he won't make the team.

I was high on Spiller and had hopes for him. But 4th on the depth chart is more indicative to how the Chiefs feel than a feel-good tweet. Coach speak gonna coach speak.

He's got two games to rise up the chart and overtake West, but until then fluffy-fluff gonna fluff.
Depth chart doesnt mean shit in the second week of pre season.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #2739

Quote:

I understand. I think he will eventually beat out West, but I agree...there is an undeniable fluff factor until he does.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:02 PM   #2740

Quote:
He wont be getting snaps as a 4th RB. Talented/Injury prone. Bury him on the depth chart for cheap just in case.

Cant have a whole team of all pros.
7-year vets, even at the vet minimum are more pricey than a RFA.

A 4th string RB has to be cheap, exhibit upside and have the ability to play special teams.

Matthews offers none of that. If we're going to keep a vet as a 4th string back i'd rather keep West or Spiller.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #2741

Quote:
Depth chart doesnt mean shit in the second week of pre season.
And yet here we are...in the 2nd week and Spiller is still #4.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #2742
In Search of a Life

Quote:
That had to have been pretty cool to see.
It was. McKnight was special that game. Also, nothing like seeing the Chiefs win in Florida since historically that doesn't happen often.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #2743

Remember when that white kid from Colgate won a spot on our roster by going balls to the wall in our 4th preseason game? What was his name? Eachus? Nate Eachus? I can't believe that dude made our squad. Cyrus Gray had one of those moments in the preseason as well one year.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #2744

Quote:
Remember when that white kid from Colgate won a spot on our roster by going balls to the wall in our 4th preseason game? What was his name? Eachus? Nate Eachus? I can't believe that dude made our squad. Cyrus Gray had one of those moments in the preseason as well one year.
I honestly thought Cyrus Gray was going to be a contributor. He did stick on the roster for awhile though.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #2745

Quote:
I honestly thought Cyrus Gray was going to be a contributor. He did stick on the roster for awhile though.
I thought so as well. He had some "wow" moments in college.