Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #5281
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBlake View Post
mom was a little down.. so i made her a quick scrambled egg with a dash of cumin/bacon/hash brown/pancake

quickly realized...

i suck at making pancakes.. at least quite tasty ones..

heeeelppp
I put vinegar in milk and let that sit for 5 minutes before I add baking powder&soda, salt, melted butter and egg into some white spelt flour (or whole grain) for the fluffiest pancakes. (Spelt rises better imo) Cook in a cast iron pan with a melted coconut oil. <---there's supposed to be a brand that makes it without flavor.

Then I butter them, add real maple syrup. I add whatever I want to this basic recipe such as blueberries, or raspberries, ( if raspberries I add some slivered almonds too), or corn. If I use berries I make a syrup with that berry. For instance I crush some blueberries and use some whole and toss into some maple syrup which I heat. I just do it to taste.

If I add corn, then I usually don't add syrup but like them plain with a poached egg or sunny side up egg on top. Cut it all up and let the yolk run---> delicious. One of my favorites.

This pancake recipe is always a hit. Here's the basic recipe but I use stevia instead of the sugar and it comes out fine. I guess the vinegar in the milk just makes it like buttermilk but it seems to work better. I tried it both ways. Oh, and the first pancake that gets heated is usually a dud in terms of browning and shape. Just ignore that. I usually eat it at the stove instead of presenting it on a plate.

Here's the basic batter recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fluffy-pancakes-2/
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #5282
Gimme My Berries Back!

I have a cool Belgian waffle machine too. Haven't used that in a while though.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #5283
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I'm good with the bisquick pancakes. Am I missing out?
No, I am since that gives me a rash and hives.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #5284
Shit

Had eggs and tenderloin at the rusty skillet.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Booooyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #5285
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Had eggs and tenderloin at the rusty skillet.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Booooyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Did the rust add any flavor?
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #5286
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Did the rust add any flavor?
It's was ****ing good is all I know
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #5287
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
It's was ****ing good is all I know
Just glad you didn't use hot water to cook it.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #5288
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #5289
Shit

Quote:
I didn't cook it. The place is called the rusty skillet.

It's a dive but some shit is awesome. Cow patties down the road closes early.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #5290
Banned

thanks for the tips boys and gals.. will try this manana
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #5291
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBlake View Post
manana

Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:46 AM   #5292
Cast Iron Jedi

This is grilling.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #5293
Cast Iron Jedi

I ran across this today, thought some here might like to try it.

If you know anything about balsamic vinegar, you know the really good stuff can be ridiculously expensive. This from America's Test Kitchen.

Quote:
Instant-Aged Balsamic Vinegar

True aged balsamico can be as high as $60 an ounce! We wondered if we could hack our way to a reasonable substitute with a decent supermarket brand.

We tried reducing supermarket balsamic with sugar and flavorings ranging from black currant juice to coffee. In the end, we found that a straight reduction of ⅓ cup of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of sugar worked well enough, but the addition of 1 tablespoon of port added the complexity we were after. Vigorous boiling destroyed nuances in the vinegar's flavor; the best results came from reducing this mixture for 30 to 40 minutes over extremely low heat (barely simmering) to about half of its original volume. (recommended supermarket brand Lucini Gran Riserva — $14 for 8.5 ounces).

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

1 Tablespoon port

1 Tablespoon sugar

Reduce balsamic vinegar with port and sugar very slowly over low heat until it measures half its original volume.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #5294
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
I didn't cook it. The place is called the rusty skillet.

It's a dive but some shit is awesome. Cow patties down the road closes early.
Where is it, and what should I order? Will try...

Edit: The one in Warsaw?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #5295
Cast Iron Jedi

Posting here because the threads have different audiences.

Sous vide strip steak with a quick demi glace, peas, and herb butter.

I should have used a larger plate.

Closed Thread