View Poll Results: Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"
Yes 110 41.67%
No 154 58.33%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM  
Debunking your bullshit

Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"

Pretty simple question: Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"

Specifically, do you believe the NFL has a preferred outcome for games AND orders its officiating crews to make calls for/against teams for the purpose of achieving that preferred outcome?
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #331
King of Sarcasm

I am by no means a conspiracy follower BUT, has anyone noticed that the NFL has a team in the same city (Dallas) that a president was assassinated in? Just stating facts and if people want to pass it off as coincidental then that is their choice. If they embrace beliefs that comfort them then who am I to question them?

Seriously: Whenever there are people involved in judgement calls, decisions, and control then there will be mistakes and inaccuracies. It can be unfair at times, Yes but I don't think there is a conscious goal by NFL management to influence anything other then maxing out profits.
crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #332
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow View Post
Seriously: Whenever there are people involved in judgement calls, decisions, and control then there will be mistakes and inaccuracies. It can be unfair at times, Yes but I don't think there is a conscious goal by NFL management to influence anything other then maxing out profits.
I wondered this year a number of times.

When the Donks played the Pats the Pats D was allowed to rape WR's and for the most part not get called. I really didn't care because, well, **** the Donks, but it was there.

The next week KC was less obvious and it was clear the refs called almost anything close to PI (on both sides.)

The calls in a single game seem consistent. They are told what the emphasis is for the game and they call those penalties.

The problem is there's no consistency from week to week in calling anything...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #333
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
And they're happy you bought that line of horse shit... The truth if they really felt that way ANY play, ANY time could get reviewed at the discretion of the replay booth (and I'm not sure it can't actually). Certainly we know every scoring play is reviewed, so certain officials lean towards calling the score so they know it has to be reviewed. Maybe I'm wrong about that too.

But there's really no good reason to ban a team with timeouts and challenges left (and most do have) from doing it. They can put lipstick on it, but it's a pig nonetheless, because no matter what, even if you're right, it does allow the league the opportunity to bend/slant calls towards favored entities and situations that might lead to better TV and revenue.

If not, please explain the call int he Pats game. Or is that one going to, conveniently, fall under the "all plays are reviewed (but an obvious bad/missed call is overlooked) because they are "common" to the game" excuse?
It's not banning the teams from challenging--they don't need to challenge because it is reviewed automatically. And it allows teams to use a challenge earlier in the game rather than save it to the end. The end result is more plays being reviewed.

As for the Pats PI call, it probably shouldn't have been called, but it wasn't outrageous. The defender had his hands on the receivers's back and both were falling forward. Definetely could have looked like he pushed him and caused him to fall. It's at the point where every questionable judgment call you guys are saying is proof of the game being rigged.
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #334
King of Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post

When the Donks played the Pats the Pats D was allowed to rape WR's and for the most part not get called. I really didn't care because, well, **** the Donks, but it was there.

The next week KC was less obvious and it was clear the refs called almost anything close to PI (on both sides.)

The calls in a single game seem consistent. They are told what the emphasis is for the game and they call those penalties.

I think this is the answer. They are like umpires and the strike zone. It is slightly different for each ump and only consistent in a game by game basis.
crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.crossbow wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #335
MVP

I'm surprised the numbers are so close. I don't think it is possible to rig every single game of every single season, but you can ride the winners and if they need a little help ala Brady and the tuck rule, go ahead and help em out. I think it is more about points and gambling like that article said than anything else.
durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #336
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow View Post
I am by no means a conspiracy follower BUT, has anyone noticed that the NFL has a team in the same city (Dallas) that a president was assassinated in? Just stating facts and if people want to pass it off as coincidental then that is their choice. If they embrace beliefs that comfort them then who am I to question them?

JFK shot in Dallas
Lincoln and Garfield shot in Washington
McKinley shot in Buffalo

Every assassinated president was shot in an NFL city. That's not a coincidence.

And in your second paragraph, the key is the last part. How far will they go to max out profits?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #337
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyrute View Post
I'm surprised the numbers are so close. I don't think it is possible to rig every single game of every single season, but you can ride the winners and if they need a little help ala Brady and the tuck rule, go ahead and help em out. I think it is more about points and gambling like that article said than anything else.
Fixing the game for a certain point spread is probably even more complicated than just fixing the winner and loser. Plus, now it's not just the league directing the refs who to favor. Now you would have a 3rd party gambler that would need to bribe the refs, and now you're really getting into some federal crimes.

And just think, what if the gambler bribes the refs to do one thing and the league directs the refs to do the opposite? It's chaos!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #338
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
JFK shot in Dallas
Lincoln and Garfield shot in Washington
McKinley shot in Buffalo

Every assassinated president was shot in an NFL city. That's not a coincidence.
Former Pro Bowl tackle LINCOLN KENNEDY went to school at the University of WASHINGTON.

I checked, but there is no player named Garfield McKinley though. So I'm not sure where that leaves us.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #339
Genious

No, I don't think the NFL is rigged. Teams like Pittsburgh or Green Bay wouldn't have success in a rigged for mass media consumption league. They just wouldn't. Teams like the Jets wouldn't be so awful either. It's just silly to think this way.
KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.KC Jones has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #340
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
It's not banning the teams from challenging--they don't need to challenge because it is reviewed automatically. And it allows teams to use a challenge earlier in the game rather than save it to the end. The end result is more plays being reviewed.

As for the Pats PI call, it probably shouldn't have been called, but it wasn't outrageous. The defender had his hands on the receivers's back and both were falling forward. Definetely could have looked like he pushed him and caused him to fall. It's at the point where every questionable judgment call you guys are saying is proof of the game being rigged.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but the part in bold is what we're told by the NFL - it's an assumption on our part and not 100% verifiable by us.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #341
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Former Pro Bowl tackle LINCOLN KENNEDY went to school at the University of WASHINGTON.

I checked, but there is no player named Garfield McKinley though. So I'm not sure where that leaves us.

Awesome.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #342
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but the part in bold is what we're told by the NFL - it's an assumption on our part and not 100% verifiable by us.
I suppose I am assuming they are reviewing but I guess they could be lying to us. Although I don't recall seeing a close play in the last minutes where I thought they should review and didn't.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #343
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post

THIS!

I hope if we get to play the Donx in the playoffs the emphasis is on OL Holding and Illegal Pick Plays / Offensive PI.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 12-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #344
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Bad example - Pollard has a history and those 2 personal fouls on Pollard yesterday were well earned.
Bullshit! That hit he put on Decker was a legal play. Shoulder to shoulder.
Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.Contrarian is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #345
u b illian

if it were truly "rigged" they'd have forced a realignment to get peyton and tom in different conferences
ct 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli