Thread: Football ESPN Playoff Machine
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 09:46 AM   #166
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
This.

It's not about the home field advantage. In fact, I can make a strong argument that the Chiefs are a better team on the road this year than they are at home. Most of their big 'statement' wins have been on the road.

It's all about that extra week off, giving guys more rest, healing from injuries, and the long mental grind of this COVID season. So getting that bye is a BIG advantage over other teams.

And, again, having to only win 2 games to get to the Super Bowl, is a lot less wear and tear on a team that late in the season than having to win 3.
I would argue that's because most of their big statement games have been on the road.

Handled the Texans at home on TNF (of course, not nearly as impressive as people thought at the time, but they played like it).
Handled the Ravens, MNF on the road.
Handled the Bills, MNF on the road.
Vegas, SNF on the road.
@TB, @Miami, @NO

That leaves what.... NE at home (no problems there), Raiders, NYJ, Carolina, Denver.

I could argue they've had all of 1 or 2 'statement games' at home (and that's if you want to count the Texans), while they've had 5 on the road (not including the Saints).

All that said, I definitely won't be traveling for the playoffs this year to experience their 30% capacity "HFA".
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.