View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 12:26 PM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Hopkins average is 1,228 yards, 7 TD’s (closer to 8 at 7.7) with 11 less catches than Julio.

Keep in mind Hopkins doesn’t get the luxury of playing with an NFL MVP QB his entire career or have a top 5 offensive coach for a few years.

The fact that Hopkins has virtually the same production with literal shit at QB most of his career speaks to his value. And when he finally did have a good QB the last 2.5 years he dominated, but had a horrible HC.

Staylor will push the narrative that I think Julio sucks but that isn’t true. He’s a good receiver, but I don’t put him at the very top and that gets posters in their feelings.
Huh?

Pro-rate Hopkins performance and he has averages 92/1251/8

compared to 101/1540/7 for Julio.

I mean, they're 'virtually the same' except that Jones averages more catches, more yards, more yards/catch, more catches/target and more yards/target. So, apart from being better than Hopkins at EVERYTHING...clearly they're virtually the same.

And by the way, Hopkins best season was with Brian Hoyer throwing him the football. He's not gotten any better since Watson came along. As I said above, I largely discount the 'great WRs get more production w/ great QBs' argument because I've seen it in action. I've seen Cassell force everything to Bowe or Tyler Thigpen jam everything he can in to Tony G.

Hopkins hasn't seen an uptick in production since he had a Pro Bowl quarterback show up. His 2015 season was a product of hilarious volume. His 2018 season was essentially his 2014 season + more targets (but the rates were the same). he's been the same player.

Which is a player that's about 85% as productive as Julio Jones.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote