View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #1386
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy View Post
Disagree. If he told them he wouldn’t go to STL they wouldn’t be talking to us. It’s his decision, they aren’t waisting their time negotiating with a team that Stanton’s already said he wouldn’t want to be traded to. Leverage between the two teams is minimal. This is different than a FA situation. Both are going to put their best offer on the table, regardless of what other team is involved, it’s too risky not to.
He's stalling to try to get the Dodgers to make a play.

But the Marlins want salary relief and the Dodgers want to get under the luxury tax. He can wish in one hand and shit in the other...

I've moved on; it's almost certainly not going to happen. The delay is actually decent news because if he really wanted to go to SF as was originally reported, this would be done by now. Or if he absolutely refused to go to STL, I think this would still be done by now.

But it's clear that he really wanted to go to LA and that's just not there for him. So now he's choosing between a couple of backup plans and hasn't absolutely said no to STL...yet. I figure that happens in the next 24 hours, though.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.